Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 3:02:13 AM EDT
Well, now that the board is back I can finally make the grand announcement!

The first 26 bikes were brought to ESS 4 last Sunday....more to follow today as post-blizzard conditions allow.

The assembly party will be Sunday, Dec. 14th, 9am @ Ess4.

For directions (and donations please go to the website  www.bikes4tykes.org.

Any questions or large amounts of cash that require armored transport, the usual suspects can call my cell.

Edited to fix link.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Your link is no-workey.
Where is "ESS" I have bikes that could be donated, just wouldn't be practical if it's too far donwstate.
glenn
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Your link is no-workey.
Where is "ESS" I have bikes that could be donated, just wouldn't be practical if it's too far donwstate.
glenn

I believe its one of the NYPD ESU stations.  Also try this link www.bikes4tykes.org./  Mark left a space when typing the url
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Your link is no-workey.
glenn

"ESS" is Emergency Services Squad (NYPD)

Truck 4 is located one block off Broadway @ 236th St in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, about 1/2 mile from interstate 87 (Major Deegan Expwy)

We usually accept cash donations, but can also accept new, unwrapped bikes in the box. Sorry about not accepting used, but we just don't have the space to store assembled bikes nor do I feel we are qualified to "certify" them to the charities accepting them.

However, I am certain if you contact your local Salvation Army facility, they would be happy to either accept them or point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mark left a space when typing the url

Details details.....   Hoppy thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the deal with the Assembly party?  are you looking for volunteers to put together the bikes?  Should I bring my own hammer or will you provide them?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What's the deal with the Assembly party?  are you looking for volunteers to put together the bikes?  Should I bring my own hammer or will you provide them?

ANyone is welcome to attend the Assembly Party. Best to bring your own tools (3/8 ratchet set, allen keys, adjustable wrench, screwdrivers)

Free donuts and balloons for all.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Donation sent!

Thanks Pete!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Donation Sent
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Donation Sent

Thank you sir...well, it's time for me to get shaved and showered and then it's off to build the bikes. We have an even 50 for the NY City Marines to dristibute and I hope to give 10 each to three local charities here in the 'burbs.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Whew! What a time we had yesterday...nothing like loading bikes in a blizzard. We must have gotten an inch an hour starting around 7 am...

Anyways, the first 50 bikes went off the the Marines in NYC yesterday.

Special thanks to cousin Bobby40 and ESPECIALLY  Racer934    who drove all the way in from upstate Connecticut to help out.

Now, as soon as I shake this stomach bug I'll get to work on the more local charities.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Please post some Photoshopping material pics if you have them!

Pete,
I have some pics, I shrunk them down to 800x600...Photoshop says the size is 1.37k, yet the Arfcom photo server says that they can't upload because they exceed the limit of 150,000...am I doing the math wrong? ...WTF is gong on?

Also, further update: I delivered and assembled 10 bikes at a local community center today, and ten more are in the truck waiting to go to the Salvation Army tomorrow...that brings us to a total (so far) of 70..not a bad deal so far, and all due to the generosity of guys like you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top