Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 5:05:36 AM EDT
For those that don't know, Blackwater is a firearms training facility located in South Carolina.  Their website is www.blackwaterusa.com/

A couple of us got to talking about getting a group together and scheduling a course for sometime next year.  What I need to know is, how many folks would seriously want to do this?

Read through their website.  If anyone has been there before (Wave?) please post some info here to give others an idea of what its all about.

We would be looking at a 5 day course (M-f), probably the pistol/carbine course or something similar.  Based on info on the website, expect to pay about $1,000 each for the week including lodging and at least some meals.  (does NOT include the few thousand rounds of ammo you will need for the course)  Exact price to be determined once I get an idea for group size and contact Blackwater.

Since getting a week off is sometimes challenging and its a good amount of money, timing would be either late spring next year or fall of next year.  (want to avoid the dead heat of summer!)

So, please let me know if you would seriously want to do this.  If it seems clear that we'd have a decent size group, I'll contact Blackwater and get a more concrete price, course and scheduling info.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I also posted links to this thread in the VA, PA, and MD/DE/DC forums...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if it's a big deal or anything, but the Blackwater training center is in NC.

Blackwater
850 Puddin Ridge Rd.
Moyock, NC 27958

CHRIS
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
When I went down with Ronin45 for a 5 day course, it was closer to 1200 for the training, room, breakfast and lunch.  Dinner was on you.  From what John (Ronin45) tells me, they've really done alot with the place.  Adding a few niceities for excecutive protection courses.  The place is amazing,  If you get a chance, definitely check it out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking at the Bushmaster Carbine course in November of next year.  Ops
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Waay too much money for me to put out anytime soon.

I would do it otherwise though

Damn..
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I am IN. I prefer the 5-Day Course, however I'd still be interested in the 3-Day.
If MONEY is an issue for some of us, maybe an END-OF-SUMMER '04 trip there would would allow time to save those pennies, SPRING looks good for me also.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds interesting...i would go but, the only thing is it would have to be in the fall, 2004. Spring time is no good, to close to my black bear hunt. The wife would not be happy. $1500 for the bear then another $1500+ on top of that. I would need a divorce lawyer. :)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:01:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes I would be interested.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm interested, but getting time off may be a problem.  Keep me informed though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Myself and a buddy would be interested as well.(Work schedules permiting)I have heard it is definately worth the time and money.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I would love to go, but I think the dates may be too early for me.  I just started a new job, and do not have any leave time stored up.

According to their website, the 5 Day Pistol/Carbine for 2004 is april 5-9 and July 5-9. blackwaterusa.com/new/2004btc.html

------------------------------------------------

TRAINING INVESTMENT
Blackwater Training Center uses the following price structure for all courses of instruction unless otherwise indicated or you have requested a custom course of instruction. We work hard to provide you with the best value on training, products and services for your money.

5-Day Program Investment - $895.00 includes lunch each training day.

OPTIONAL BUNK AND BREAKFAST PACKAGE

Bunk bed in bunkroom plus breakfast each day: $177.50
Private individual room plus breakfast each day: $330.00
Semi-private 2 person room plus breakfast each day: $210.00 per person.

blackwaterusa.com/new/price.html

-----------------------------------------------
5-day pistol and carbine courses: 2500 rounds per person. (500 rounds per person per day)
blackwaterusa.com/new/gear.html
Although, they do not state if that is just rifle/pistol ammo or a combination of the two.  

Maybe another $550. for .223  And whatever pistol Ammo you use.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a little advice for everyone. Do not take any outside training class in NC during July or August.

I am interested as well, I just have to decide if I am going to do the 3 day class with the VA guys, or the 5 day class with you yankees.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have a little advice for everyone. Do not take any outside training class in NC during July or August.

I am interested as well, I just have to decide if I am going to do the 3 day class with the VA guys, or the 5 day class with you yankees.

But it's really hot and humid, the snakes will be out in force and there's always that chance of a hurricane.

John (Ronin45) has a group going down April 5th.  Last time we went down was in February.  hopefully the mornings won't be as chilly in April.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top