Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2003 1:26:49 PM EDT
I went to B&J last evening to look around. There's still room for more guns, but it's filling up nicely.

There were some nice Enterprise Arms G3s. Brian said he hand-picked them. Listed from $450 to $550.

There were also a number of Kel-Tec Sub-2000 carbines. I asked if they had one in .40 S&W. They did, and it was used hence quite a bit cheaper than the new guns. I put a down payment on it and went back today to pick it up. I like it. My son likes it. Now I've gotta save up for some bigger mags. I've been wanting one of these for a long time... My only complaint is a heavy trigger, but I still managed to badly damage an FBI "Q" target at 50 yards off-hand.

The logo on the top of the bill of sale is quite entertaining. B & (not!) J Guns. Hehe.

[fixed a typo]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
i have to say i would like one of those keltecs myself .. to bad you got that used one before i knew about it or i would have definately picked it up .. good job ..
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I took some photos. Click on either for higher res version (130K for the bigger one).

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill, did you pick up some Glock 22 high caps for that sweet carbine?  I'm sure you noticed the like 500 Glock high caps he had in every caliber imagineable!

I was there at lunch and did not see any Entreprise Arms G3s, there were some Century Cetmes and G3s there that are gorgeous.  Is that what you meant?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't afford any high-caps yet. That'll be the next thing I get. Along with a couple of speedloaders to save my thumb.

Are the 29-round Scherer mags worth buying, or should I stick with 15-round Glock factory mags and 2- or 4-round extenders?

My bad on the Cetmes and G3s. Century Arms, not Entreprise Arms.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some Scherer 9mm mags, they work ok.  Not jusr about the 40 mags.  I'd stick to Glock 22 mags.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I took some photos. Click on either for higher res version (130K for the bigger one).

billstclair.com/blog/sub200040SW-small.jpg

billstclair.com/blog/sub200040SWfolded-small.jpg

Kel-Tecs owners manual says not to use aluminum cased ammo in the sub2000.
Be careful!  
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I noticed that warning, after the fact. I fired a box (50 rounds) without trouble. My guess is that that line in the manual is their lawyers speaking. They didn't say why. Does anyone know of a good reason?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
KelTec assumes and rightly so that anyone who Purchases one of thier Guns intends to use the Gun for Personal security/defense, Now Many firearms makers who makes Guns for self defense Will warn againts using Aluminum Cased ammo, not because it (the ammo) is unreliable but because Aluminum Cased ammo does not eject the same as Brass cases and can a cause a catastrophic failure (jam) .
See aluminum is much lighter than brass and will upset the timing of the slide velocity/momentum/ inertia, bottom line is that brass is heavier and will throw better.

If you Go back and read some of the Gun Manuals from some of the best Manufacturers they do not recommend Aluminum cased ammo for self defense.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:12:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Makes sense. I'm not likely to use that cheap ammo for self defense. For that, I'll buy some good hollow points. But it worked fine at the range, where there's plenty of time to handle a jam, should it happen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:53:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Bill, Brian had brass cased magtec 9mm for $5.99 a box!  Shame on you, shame, shame, shame!  Now get your ass to the store today and buy some as penance!
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Woulda been nice, had I bought a 9mm carbine. Mine was in .40 S&W. The CCI Blazer was the cheapest stuff I could find. I believe Wolf is cheaper, but Brian didn't have any that I saw. I'll check out the little gun shop I frequent today or Tuesday...

I thought I'd be buying loading dies for this caliber, but the cheap ammo costs less than bullets. I've stopped reloading .223 and .308 for that reason (course I'd load it myself if I wanted some really good match ammo).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top