Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 7:09:07 AM EDT
Any one shoot at the range near the base in Westhampton?  I grew up near there and am intersted in the tactical rifle and shotgun stuff they do.

Link Posted: 10/17/2003 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be the Pine Barrens range.  It costs $200.00 per year and I feel its the best money I spend each year.  You get a key and can come and go as you please and the place has 2 rifle ranges, many pistol pits 2 steel plate ranges(pistol calibers)and a clay target range.  As you alluded to they also have a very active schedule with matches almost every weekend.  If you are interested in joining call George Hellmer at 516-541-5602 or e mail him at [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the Pine Barrens policy on bringing a guest to shoot?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Members are allowed to bring one guest.  Most of the time when I am there the place is fairly empty during the week.  I take my 2 nephews there shooting often(we're going tomorrow) and have never had anyone question me about having more than one guest.  I suspect that most people who come as guests eventually will want to become members anyway.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
How far is this from Calverton?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How far is this from Calverton?

It's about 10 minutes driving time FROM Calverton but if you were driving there directly from the west it probably would only be 5 minutes more except you would be taking Sunrise Hwy instead of the LIE
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
What are the specs on the rifle points? Do you have to be a Suffolk Cty resident to join?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What are the specs on the rifle points? Do you have to be a Suffolk Cty resident to join?

2 rifle ranges, 100 and 200 yds and soon to a 50 yd rimfire range.  The 100 yard range has about 10 points and has a concrete base.  The 200 yard range has 5 stations and is built up on a platform.
    As far as I know there are no restrictions on membership.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have shot there a couple of times (IPSIC match)
I found it to be about the best run "big match" I
have been to . The guys who run the IPSIC pistol
are the best. I never really looked at the ranges
with rifle in mind , ( this was a couple years back
before I got my EBR ) There must be at least 10
different pistol pits ,  might be a cool place for
a three gun or carbine course type of deal.If you go there to shoot bring lots of water to drink , the white sand pits can really bake ya .
If anyone sets up any kind of public shoot there I
would love to know . Its a pain for me to get there
but I have close friends who live only 5 min. down the road . (nice people but non shooters)
NHSPORT
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info guys.   I dont plan on joining since i now live in Dutchess county.  However i would be interested in some of the matches.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top