Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 5:10:11 PM EDT

How do you guys do it?
Just to the North of me is another Army base called Fort Indiantown Gap.  I keep thinking how nice it would be to organize a Shoot using Full-Auto.

So how do you do it?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Most large bases have a recreational range set up.  Not all allow civilian access but, there is usually some form of of this through the MWR.  (same organization that usually has canoe rentals, maintains the rec centers, handles hunting on the reservation and organizes family picnics/events, etc.)

From what I remember of Indiantown Gap, it isn't really a 'large' active duty post so I'm not surprised they don't have this type of facility set up.  I seem to remember that Ft Drum does have this type of facility though.

Also, its not any range and we can't do full-auto.  It is a specific range set up for recreational shooting.  We get the benefit of very low cost, a nice and well maintained range and we can support the actviities center for base families at the same time.

There is another thread in here with details on the range.  If you check out www.dix.army.mil you may find links or info about this type of facility at other installations.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Indiantown Gap is a primarily a National Guard center.  So while it isn’t that big, it isn’t that small with Iraq and Afghanistan in the works.
So while things should not be all that easy, if you can go shoot at Dix, I should be able to shoot at Indiantown Gap.

Minor Note:  I took Basic Training at Dix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top