Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2003 12:41:03 PM EDT
anyone else going to be there
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
ok just got back
I got quite a few odd reactions when I took out my 2 rifles the Bushy and the SAR1...
I finally got the SAR1 and gave it a quick 150 or so rounds...Its pretty accurate out of the box, looks shibby with the 40 rounders, hits 2x4s pretty hard even with the Wolf HPs I was using, it was on sale.
However my AR was way more accurate but then again it was getting dark and it put out a hell of a bigger fireball
it killed what little night vision I had at the time.
oh well for for me and none for you

BTW
Im thinking I might want to sell the SAR1 or trade it Its a 2003 SAR1 laminated stock.
the reason being I want to get one that looks like the AK74 or get a SAR2 complete with polymer stock and AK74 brake.
it has quite a bit of muzzle rise plus I think the 74 style looks sick
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
So it was YOU making those fireballs! Couldn't figure exactly what firearm was being used.....wish I had seen this post but I was on the way to the range by then. Would have stopped by and said hi......

I was the ringleader of the gaggle of people down on lanes 4 ande 5...the ones making short work of the pumpkins (we had one of our artistic types draw saddam and osama faces on them). Once every month or so one of my coworkers and I get a bunch of our workmates and we head out to the range.  Had three newbies out there for their first time.

I have to get out on friday more.....the whole effect of shooting under the lights was just surreal.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
ahh yes it was me...guilty!!!!
i take it you saw that from there huh!
did you happen to notice the AK rounds whever they hit in the berm that my rounds were sparking like an incendiary round? weird
but yes I was the one making those fireballs
glad to give ya a little fireworks
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya know, if you want to make this an every month, or every coupple of week thing, let me know.  I live a little far for a spur of the moment kind of thing but with a little notice...well, lets just say that the bolt gun guys at my home range get annoyed with me and vice versa.  It'd be nice to shoot with someone else who likes the 30round...um...15round mag dump.

As I said, give me some notice and I am there.

ka
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
hmmm well weather depending I think I can make the friday night fireball nights if you ever want to go
it just depends how fried I get after a day in the ER xraying people
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top