Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2003 5:48:23 PM EDT
One of my workers at the golf course this moring was listening to the local Sag Harbor radio station and he said that they were reporting that there was some sort of an accident at the Calverton shooting range.  Apparently it involved an explosion of a firearm and the injured party was taken to the hospital, status unkown.  I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about this or may have even been there??  
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, that's the case. Apparently it was a 'reloading' issue. SCPD is investigating it, they took some pics of it that I'll have access to. I'll let you know what I see.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I had a feeling it was a reloading related problem.  It almost always is and the guy who told me about this wanted to know if this is a common occurrence since he know I shoot all the time and I told him that it was most likely a person shooting some re loaded ammunition that was out of spec or just plain made too hot.  Thanks for the info. !
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:04:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope, least I don't know him. He was a reloader using re-15 and in all likelihood double/over charged a case. He was using a contender rifle with one of those sleeved carbon fibre barrels.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nope, least I don't know him. He was a reloader using re-15 and in all likelihood double/over charged a case. He was using a contender rifle with one of those sleeved carbon fibre barrels.

Sleeved carbon fiber?  Hot reloads?  

Darwin candidate?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wonder if it's anyone we know?

NO, it was not him.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO, it was not him.  

So it wasn't a .308 Magnum.....?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO, it was not him.  

So it wasn't a .308 Magnum.....?

or a .223 +P+?

That little extra push is what gives you 1" groups at 1200 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top