Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2003 7:55:20 PM EDT
 This just dawned upon me the other day. The AWB is scheduled to set next year. Now, assuming that it DOES set, that leaves a whole bunch of pre-ban weapons not as valuable as they once were.

That being said, I think there should be some kind of exchange program set up, so that us poor chaps here in the great PRNY can get all these "pre-ban" lowers in exchange for a shiny new lower.

I mean, all things aside, isn't a new receiver better than an old one? And since after the sunset, it would be just as useful as a regular lower, why not trade up, and help out a guy in need? (Think of the needy!!!)

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking that as well...  on the downside, and purely playing devil's advocate, what if everyone dumped their pre-ban receivers to help us out and a year later they made a retroactive ban in which only the pre-94 receivers were recognized and anything else had to be rendered a post-ban, entered into a registry and was not able to be transfered or passed along...  Not saying this will happen, but with laws well you never know.

And anyone doubting this could be done legally, guess again, I worked in the legislature and for a Governor and have a Master's in Public Administration with a heavy focus on constitutional law.  So long as any loss in value is compensated for, and as long as there is a period to come into compliance before penalties (civil or criminal) could be imposed there are no takings issues or concerns about ex-post facto laws.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
screw NYS law.. i don't give two $hits when my recivers were made..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top