Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 6:32:36 PM EDT
I have a friend down here in VA with me that just got back from Iraq. His wife presented him with the all-to-common welcome home gift - divorce papers.

He's been calling friends up there - and they are asking around - but I though I would try this board for him and see where it might lead.

Yes, we know he can get free legal representation through the Army - but he wants a good local lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I cant believe this shit.  Sorry to hear that and sorry that I dont know of any NJ lawyers.   One of the NJ guys should be chiming in shortly to help out.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Adam, my attorney grew up in Jersey and was a partner in one of the Manhattan white shoe firms.  I'll ask him and get back to you.

Sorry to hear about your friend talk about a kick in the teeth to someone who put his life on hold so we could all continue enjoying our's.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#3]
That really blows...  I don't personally know of any good divorce lawyers but I will check into it.

Tell your friend to hang tough.  If he ever needs to go blast a few, tell him the NJ crew is here for him!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
My lawyer is on vacation at the Jersey shore, likely won't get a chance to speak to hum until Tuesday.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:56:18 AM EDT
[#5]
The wife and me currently use the firm "Aronsohn, Weiner & Salerno" located in Hackensack, NJ. My wife's ex-husband is a real dirtbag and thinks he's not responsible for his kids. But that's a whole different story. They are very good, BUT expensive. We have been using them for the past 2years and I have been very happy. Email me if you want their number and contact info.

There is anoth guy, Mr. Sunshine (no joke) that is supposed to be really good also. I don't have any info for him.

Both of these firms were recommended to us by a family friend who works in Family Court. Hope this info helps. Sorry to hear about your friend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The wife and me currently use the firm "Aronsohn, Weiner & Salerno" located in Hackensack, NJ.

I used to use this firm when I lived in NJ, and I can't think of a better group of guys to deal with. If your friend lives in that area, definitely have him give them a call.

Edited to add: Here is their number, 201-487-4747. I think the number should still be the same.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh that's nice.

Welcome home honey, thanks for your service to our country and by the way, I'd like you to look over these papers I had my lawyer draw up.

Heartless wench.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top