Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2003 12:32:45 PM EDT

Hi all,

From the 13th to the 21st or so of September, I'm on "vacation" (read: I'm at my parents, dog-sitting my puppy)...

Upshot: I'm 2 minutes away from a range. (and have access to my Father's arsenal and a hot tub...woo!)

Anyone in Orange County or therabouts (GunnyG?) who wants some company at the range, or who wants to play with some interesting toys (I got an AUG I can loan out as necessary, and some HK stuff), let me know. I'll be more than happy to spend some quality time at a quality range with some quality people over the week/weekends. I'll probably be spending my days there regardless...I have a couple things to sight in still, as well as that I seem to have a surplus of ammunition I must shoot up.

If anyone's gonna be around in that time frame, feel free to drop me a line (IM me for phone and all that other fun stuff), and we'll meet up.

Greg (if you can't remember that (I suck at names), Ed's good enough)
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me see...the 13th to the 21st...

I've still got to burn off a couple weeks worth of leave time or lose it prior to the 30 of Sept....

My kids will be in school and the sitter is getting paid whether I use her services or not, so she's getting them until 5:00 PM....

Once I run out of 7.62 NATO, .223, 30.06, .30 carbine, I can break into the stash of .303 Brit ammo and the appropriate rifles...depending on how long my supply holds out, I might be down to shooting .22LRs by the end of the week...

I'm in!!!(for everything but the 'tub. I'd recommend you find a girl for that)
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
YEp...I have a pile of 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 that simply must be used...5 300 round battlepacks in .223 that need to get shot up...308, .30-06 as well...and that SAR-2 I finally got back from ARS needs to be re-sighted in anyway. I take it adjusting windage on an AK = knocking the front sight tower the appropriate direction...

Which reminds me, I need to find my tokarev tool; I have a tokarev SVT-40 here in 7.62x54r that really likes being shot...(when its tuned, almost NO recoil! ISYN! (I Shit You Not) It's not as neat as that trapdoor, but it's still pretty nifty.

Actually, I also have an Arisaka here I'd like to try out. How those little japanese guys shot something as monsterous as those rounds, I'll never know..haven't been able to find ammo for it, though, commercially.

And my AUG spare parts kit is in I'll have to bring that up to play with.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and uh...no, that hot tub thing is for me. I will not be sharing that little slice of heaven

Tho I do have a nice grill for the steaks..hrm. Guess I need to stock up on those, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top