Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2003 2:14:56 PM EDT

Thanks guys, for coming up to the range this weekend (and for inviting me!). Other than the whole wet bag of a day, and the dork next to me who didn't bother to signal clear or hot whenever he was shooting, it was definitily a good day

Next time, I'll even bring some AR's

And Gunny, thanks for letting me try that trapdoor Springfield and the AR-10! As I already have enough in .308 I probably won't be snagging one of those anytime soon, but that Springfield was *nice*. I have most other military-issue caliber represented...now it's time for something in .45 Government

Helldog, that .50Beowolf was...uh, interesting I hope to hell no handgun gets chambered for that... .50AE is monster enough. Fortunatly, no bruises on my shoulder, but it certainly makes that FAL seem tame by comparison. I might just have to get one, to train up on Can't think of anything that'll cure flinch faster

Any time any of y'all (and this includes anyone in the area!) wants to head up to Black Rock and have a good couple hours of fun, I'll be more than happy to tag along.

Next time I'll havta bring the BAR along. That thing's a pile of fun in a rifle format

Thanks guys,

Greg
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
'Twas my pleasure and a good time was had, Evil_Ed! I really enjoyed the opportunity to try out your FAL.

HellDog, I (literally) got a kick out of your .50 Beowulf! Let's face it, it made the Trapdoor Springfield feel tame by comparison!

Quoted:
Any time any of y'all (and this includes anyone in the area!) wants to head up to Black Rock and have a good couple hours of fun, I'll be more than happy to tag along.

I second that motion! All you have to do is ask! Come on guys, twist my arm a little harder, make me go to the range!

Next time I'll havta bring the BAR along. That thing's a pile of fun in a rifle format.

A "30.06" theme day? A "Band of Brothers" bash? I can bring a few USGI relics (and not just in that caliber) too!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A "30.06" theme day? A "Band of Brothers" bash? I can bring a few USGI relics (and not just in that caliber) too!

You've got a deal. From a true 1903A4 to the BAR, I'll drag it all up as necessary :)

(As I said, my Father collects...and hell, if it can't be shot, why bother? )

Anyone wanna try a Johnson Rifle?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Invite me and I will bring my Tromix .458 SOCOM.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
We just did!! When do you want to go? Somewhere between Ed and I, we can get a few people up there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a lot of free time on my hands right now.  Anytime is fine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
As Gunny says (well, demands; after all, he IS a Gunny ), the invite has already been extended. I can even round up another member or so, to grab some more (1 visitor per member.. one of the sucky things. [:\])

Weekends are the best. I've found Saturday afternoons to be the least populated..and Sunday mornings to be pretty busy

After all, Saturday afternoons...who here ISN'T nursing their 3rd beer and eyeing the steaks and the grill?!?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I just might be able to scare up another club member to sponsor a guest, should the need arise...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top