Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2003 2:36:44 PM EDT
one day this spring it started to rain .............................

and never stopped ...

WTF .. did i fall asleep and wake up in a rain forest in south america ?  

and they are wondering why west nile cases tripled this year from last ..

for petes sake ... let there be sun !
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sun? What is that... I think I remember it from when I use to live in the midwest... It was big and orange right?

Seriously though. I havent seen the sun in about 3-4 weeks. Since early July.

We are replacing underground cables, imagine the fun I'm having.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinda makes ya wanna put on flannels and listen to Grunge music.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

]

ARRGGHHHHH!

All I can say is thank god it's not too hot..with the humidity the way it is I have to change my tshirt at lunchtime as it is...(I won't mention my unmentionaables
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hey, dont give me ideas.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh good, I'm not the only one that is depressed as hell.

Between the snow and cold of the past winter, the lack of anything resembling Spring, and this "summer", AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

I work in lower Manhattan and was looking forward to taking my lunch down to the Seaport every once in a while to enjoy the day, and get some sun.

But I've only been able to do it a handful of times.

Chrisp929, you're not kidding about "waking up in a rain forest".

This SUCKS.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you call a day of sunshine after two days of rain? Monday
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

]

ARRGGHHHHH!

All I can say is thank god it's not too hot..with the humidity the way it is I have to change my tshirt at lunchtime as it is...(I won't mention my unmentionaables

Tell me about it.  A couple of times last week I was fixed at Subway stations that were so hot and muggy that I really felt dizzy.  I started bringing a 2 quart canteen with me just incase I get fixed their again.  Not to mention I keep getting ideas about plopping down 900 bucks for the Second Chance Zylon vest (Ultima) just because it's lighter and probably cooler.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#8]
We had a brutal winter compared to most, a miserable spring and now one of the wettest summers I remember... But I do concur, thank God it has not been as hot as most years because heat and humidity do not mix well for ole Hiram...  Let us pray for a lovely fall and mild winter...
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
... Yup, Manhattan is getting hammered, again, right now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Pouring in the Capital region as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We had a brutal winter compared to most, a miserable spring and now one of the wettest summers I remember... But I do concur, thank God it has not been as hot as most years because heat and humidity do not mix well for ole Hiram...  Let us pray for a lovely fall and mild winter...

Not hot? Its been like 80 with 100% humidity here. I start sweating as soon as I wlak out the door. lol.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:35:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not hot? Its been like 80 with 100% humidity here. I start sweating as soon as I wlak out the door. lol.

Yeah buy 90's+ and 100% humidity would be almost unbearable.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, it could be worse, you could own a beach club.  OUCH!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Or a GOLF Course
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Or a GOLF Course

Nah, golfers are even worse than shooters: they'll play no matter  what the weather!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#17]
All I know is that every time I've been to the range this summer, it was like being in a wet bag all day. I've had exactily two *good* days at the range...days where you don't need a gallon of water just to survive more than an hour, it doesn't rain half-way through the session, and you won't go home with a serious case of sunburn and/or heat exhaustion.

However, I'm guessing unlike most of the people who frequent the range I go to, I have no problems shooting in the rain After all, these things were designed to function in any condition, right? Besides, it cools the barrels down a lot faster

I just hate walking in all that damn mud all the time..
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Any one remember Agnus,back in '72?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#19]
granted I'm inside all day at work and might have missed some of the rain, but other than the last week I don't think it's rained all that much this summer. the grass was starting to die in places in WNY a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I remember Agnes quite well.  I was at Indiantown Gap Military Reservation trying to qualify with an M16a1 as a ROTC cadet.  I recall they finally called off training for 1/2 of one day (-:  
It ain't trainin' if it ain't rainin'
I mostly remembered every time I squeezed one off my glasses got sprayed (my helmet and poncho kept the rain off my glasses until I fired.)  Memories.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top