Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 3:33:23 PM EDT
Anybody been to this show before? Supposedly there's 500 tables (accurate?) with the location given as the Catapano Engineering Building. I'm looking to buy a few things and would like some reviews. How does it compare to the Middletown (Orange County Fairgrounds) show or the old Yonkers and White Plains shows?

Thanks in advance everyone. Looking forward to your responses!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this show confirmed?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.nysrpa.org/gunshows.htm

But I am fairly certain that others on this board told me to stay, no, to run away, as its only populated my militaria militia types, and had little of EBG interest and no ammo.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The Middletown show has good prices on ammo.  Ok prices on postban EBRs though preban EBRs have been a bit overpriced in the past.  Sometimes you may see someone walking around with an EBR at a reasonable price for a face to face.  I'll be there on the 6th hanging out with my FFL and his friend not too far from Lippy's table towards the back on the far right.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just called up for info on this show and its not 500 tables its 80.  I'll probably go anyway because your never gonna find a 500 table show on long island apparently 80 is as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
LIke Raptor said good price on ammo
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sometimes you may see someone walking around with an EBR at a reasonable price for a face to face.

Careful, I was at the Kingston show and someone got busted for that.  Apparently private gun show sales are illegal under Patass-ki.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sometimes you may see someone walking around with an EBR at a reasonable price for a face to face.

Careful, I was at the Kingston show and someone got busted for that.  Apparently private gun show sales are illegal under Patass-ki.

They're "illegal" if they're held on the grounds.

If the parties walk off the gunshow grounds (cross the street), it's a legal transaction.

At the Middletown show, they vaugly monitor parking lots, but thats it. People just walk across the street and exchange goods.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Not too sure about that one evil. I believe any transaction started at a gunshow, no matter where it's completed requires the checks. I'm not 100% sure but, last I recall reading about the NY ban that was part of it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]
So, did anyone go to the Melville show?  Comments?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Once I saw that it was only there for like 5 hours on Sunday AND only 80 tables I blew it off. I just got my card in the mail for the Middletown show today so I can wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top