Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2003 5:45:58 PM EDT
(referring to VA_Gunnut's shoot announced in the NJ BLAST IV thread)

I can help with planning and directions and stuff.  (I have made that trip a few times now)

Post here if you seriously want to go and we will work out plans for 'the crew' to invade the south!  It would be nice to get a small 'fire team' assembled to represent the NJ/NY crew..
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
FM

I am interested in making the trip down to VA. I am from SE Virginia (Norfolk) still have a house there.

I am military assigned here in NYC for now and would love to attend this outing. It's still a little ways out to commit, but it looks pretty good for now.

I have to go out of town for the next 6 days, so don't expect me to respond if you post on this till then.

Regards

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
(referring to VA_Gunnut's shoot announced in the NJ BLAST IV thread)

I can help with planning and directions and stuff.  (I have made that trip a few times now)

Post here if you seriously want to go and we will work out plans for 'the crew' to invade the south!  It would be nice to get a small 'fire team' assembled to represent the NJ/NY crew..

I have an interest in this one.I do have the 10th of OCT. OFF, so it can only be a 3 day excursion for me. BTH
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys, here is my plan:

I am leaving Friday 10/10 by 0900.  Accounting for the standard traffic I hit in DC and NOVA at the 'never be done' interchange, I will pass through Richmond around 1430 or so and arrive in Keysville around 1530.

I will then depart Sunday morning, time is loose but probably 0900 timeframe and arrive back in central NJ between 1600-1700.  (traffic is usually worse coming home on Sunday)

I think the closest place to stay in terms of national chain hotel is Farmville which is about 20-30 minutes from Keysville (where the shoot is)  There are a couple of motels right near Keysville but they are not national chains.  I'll ask VA_Gunnut to post info in here about the hotel situation.

If its just the two of you, I am willing to take my wife's Explorer  (any excuse I can get to take the Eddie Bauer!!) instead of my truck and drive us all down and back.  Since I'm planning on staying at VA_Gunnut's for the weekend, I'll get you to and from the hotel, pick you up for the shoot and we can hang out together for meals and such.  Let me know and we can make arrangements.

Of course, if you'd rather drive yourself, that's cool too!

If more folks want to come, I can provide good directions and maybe a second carpool can be arranged.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
It would be great if you guys can make it down for this, I think you will enjoy the southern way of life.

The local motel is Sheldon's Motel and Restaurant, their number is 434-736-8434. They actually have a website you can go to, www.sheldonshospitality.com/. It's not a bad little place and it is a lot closer to the shoot then Farmville is.

Bobby, if you still want that Studebaker, I can arrange for one to be dropped off in my yard for the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It would be great if you guys can make it down for this, I think you will enjoy the southern way of life.

The local motel is Sheldon's Motel and Restaurant, their number is 434-736-8434. They actually have a website you can go to, www.sheldonshospitality.com/. It's not a bad little place and it is a lot closer to the shoot then Farmville is.

Bobby, if you still want that Studebaker, I can arrange for one to be dropped off in my yard for the weekend.

THE STUDE ! I dare ya ! Any M series Trucks preferably the M5 or M15.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top