Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2003 2:16:13 PM EDT
The last time I visited B&J Shooting Supply, a month or two ago, the guns were "in storage", and they were closing out ammo and accessories. I went by today. The store is closed. The sign is gone. A "for lease" sign is up. The only remnant of what used to be is the "ID Required" sign on the door.

I drove west on Western Avenue (route 20), and found the new location of J & J Sports, a little ways west of the second Crossgates Mall Road on the south side of the street. It's on the west side of a building containing a number of other small shops. There's a sign on the road saying "Guns & Ammo" in big type and "J & J Sports" in smaller type. There's a sign on the building and evidence of display cabinet construction inside, but no evidence of when it will open. No people were around at 4:45 on a Friday night. I believe this is Jim's new store (The J in B & J).

Any idea if Brian is planning to open a new store?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee, all I had to do was look down the page to find the answer to my question about Brian: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=171474
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm waiting to see how things shake out with Jim...  I am not one to traffic in rumors, but the things I hear for him are not encouraging.  I actually would like to see all the gun shops we can get to further promote the sport and encourage competition.  Even if he does open, Brian will crush him...  I'm guessing you will see the former clientele all migrating to Brian's shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top