BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2003 4:26:52 PM EDT

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
It's the hap -happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings and happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap - happiest season of all!

Christmas in July has struck! I got home at 1615, checked the mail, and the letter for my pistol permit was in! The office closed at 1700. I finished the paperwork and got out of there by 1645. I then called my Favorite Dealer (who had all of my stuff) at 1650, and was able to stop by, do all of the paperwork, and bring my stuff home by 1845!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the permit! I remember the same feeling (many moons ago) when I received my pistol permit. The feeling was even better when I got those restrictions removed to a full carry. Enjoy!

-Chuck
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
i got my first pistol hours after i picked up my approved pistol permit ... i could not waite ... congrats .. now i have to move to a full carry county ..
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats, Gunny!

I still need to get mine The fish&game club had a pistol permit course (required to get a permit here) a couple months ago, but I didn't have the time to go to it Otherwise, I'd probably be where you are now, waving my permit around and eyeing the old .45 that's going to be transferred to me once I have the paper...

Does ANYONE know if there's a place in/near Orange County that has handgun trainig courses, that are approved by NY State? I'm horribly impatient, and if I can walk up and sign up for a day long or 2 day long/weekend course, hell, I'll do it tomorrow. Then it's just taking the day off to get printed, sending it all in, and waiting for someone to stamp "ok" on it, I guess..

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The webmaster at www.ocshooters.com is who I used. Cost was $40.00. He teaches the course in his basement, and he lives between Washingtonville and Monroe. Email him to see when he can do another class. BTW, in last night's email exchange, he said he would be out of town until the 5th.  

Email:  [email protected]
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...Otherwise, I'd probably be where you are now, waving my permit around and eyeing the old .45 that's going to be transferred to me once I have the paper...

I'm not waving (much) and already have a Colt 1911 made in '18, a Remington Rand 1911A1 LNIB from '45, plus the Combat Elite and a Officer's, ....and the other 13!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent GG- Best wishes, be safe and enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Congrats, Gunny!

I still need to get mine The fish&game club had a pistol permit course (required to get a permit here) a couple months ago, but I didn't have the time to go to it Otherwise, I'd probably be where you are now, waving my permit around and eyeing the old .45 that's going to be transferred to me once I have the paper...

Does ANYONE know if there's a place in/near Orange County that has handgun trainig courses, that are approved by NY State? I'm horribly impatient, and if I can walk up and sign up for a day long or 2 day long/weekend course, hell, I'll do it tomorrow. Then it's just taking the day off to get printed, sending it all in, and waiting for someone to stamp "ok" on it, I guess..

Look at Bob's bulletin board to the right of the EBRs.  He usually has a few posted there.  Master Class Shooters Supply in Monroe also gives classes I believe by appointment.  My wife and I have our applications.  Two more references to go.  Therein lies our problem.  Many of the people that we knew very well have moved out of the county and we are wary of bringing up the subject of firearms with our new neighbors.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
..My wife and I have our applications.  Two more references to go.  Therein lies our problem.  Many of the people that we knew very well have moved out of the county and we are wary of bringing up the subject of firearms with our new neighbors.

Sounds like you need to have us over a few times so we can honestly vouch for you when the sheriff's deputy calls!...Or did you want reputable character references?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top