Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 3:19:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I'm IDPA qualified, never get around to shooting it.  Shot a few practice rounds, it was fun, but they meet on Sunday nights and the club is a half hour away... Not always convenient.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
IPSC here at the Pine Barrens range(LIPSI),as there are no IDPA matches on the Island but I would if there were.
idpa.com/
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#4]
IDPA is at Freeport the first sunday of every month. Show up around 7am.  Bring your pistol liscence, a normal (none of this shoulder rig bullshit) belt holster and at least two mag carriers and 100-150 rounds of ammo for your piece.

Tell Mike, the guy who takes your money that you are new and they will take care of you.

DO NOT BRING A LOADED WEAPON!  Put everything in a shooting bag and walk into the club house.

It is an IDPA 'Style' match, meaning very relaxed rules so everyone can have a good time.

The matches normally cost about $10 and last until 11 or 12 depending on the number of shooters.

Generally, these matches do not require the shooter to draw from concelment for saftey reasons  (would you want some 300lb banana who you never saw before trying to whip his custom 1911 out from his houla shorts).  

IPSC is a blast as well.  There is a match this sunday at 7 or 8, I would recommend you go, you will enjoy it.  The week after, there is an IPSC match at the pine barrens, starts at 10, 4 stages.

Keep in mind, unlike many other competeitive shooting sports, all of which I have done, IPSC seems to be one of the most welcoming to newcomers.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the link to the seldom updated freeport calander

http://groups.msn.com/freeportpracticalshooters/calendarofevents.msnw

and the idpa site

www.freeportidpa.com

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I would shoot IDPA, if there was some where to shoot in the Hudson valley.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Cortland Pistol club has IDPA shoots the first saturday of every mounth.  Probably a little far for you though Aimless, it's in Groton NY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top