Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2003 1:41:49 PM EDT
Well, it was a bright, SUNNY, and hot day.  Though there was a decent breeze blowing.

Great turnout, increasing yet again...  At one point my count said 21!  If this keeps up, we are going to slowly take over the entire range...

Even more firearms than last time.  Lots of blasting and everyone seemed to have a ton of fun.  Here is a link to my photo gallery with the few pics I took:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/ThumbnailView.asp?iGalleryUnq=899

There seems to be a problem with the photo server right now but hopefully it comes back soon.  I saw others snapping digi-pics as well so, I hope to see them up here!

Congrats to Ben for adopting the Cav Arms lower!  (I think he'll be smiling for a week) Hey Ben, if you're looking, you've now got to register and make at least one post in this thread!  (or I'm sending the crew after you...)

Congrats to MAP (I apologize if I mixed up screen-names, I'm still a little silly from the sun) on winning the 50/50.  I'd say it more than paid for his gas and tolls today!

Well, I once again had a great time and can't wait to see everyone again.  One thing in particular that warmed my heart today were all the non-ARFCOMmers that approached us.  I think the word is getting out amongst the other people who frequent the range and folks are starting to show more interest.  I spoke to five people who had a good deal of interest in coming to the next shoot.  That doesn't include the others who just walked up and chatted out of interest.

Guys, whatever this little event of our does or doesn't become, I want to thank all of you for helping establish it and showing these other people that its ok to come out of hiding.  (so to speak)

Now let's hear feedback from everybody else that was there!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost forgot!  We also had our first son-of-a-member attend this time!

Justin, I sure hope you had fun today.  And make sure your dad buys you that Hi-Point on the way home tomorrow!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
FMJunkie,

Thanks for hosting the event. I appreciate winning the 50/50. I have 9/6 penciled in. If I'm able to attend I'd like to contribute a door prize.

This is the best photo I shot today:

This is 555R in action.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice shot!  Mid-explosion, sweeeeet...
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I MADE it and had a great time sampling some "toys" and meeting some great guys.

Kudos and thanks to FMJunkie, well organized and a BLASTING event - no tannerite, but maybe next time, huh.

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
<-- Ben, I'm a regular.  What else would I do at work?  =D

The other guy with me was Zaxor, and the observer a friend from out of town.  =)

What to do with this lower...  I've sampled some nice ultra light weight stuff while there... got my hands on an EOtech...  hmm... choices choices.

=)

I have pics that need to be hosted, so I should do that.... need some major resizing too.  

=)

p3
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
hey That was a fun afternoon
nice sunny and cool....NOT!!!
it was blazing out
but aside from that it was a fantastic event
thanks Rob
sorry about not getting fruit though
the local place had all fresh stuff for this weekend...no bad watermelons to kill but I think i did a great job on the bad bad bad waterjugs who were trying to escape at 25 yards.
MAP put up a picture of the second one
I guess he didnt get a shot of the first one when it jumped about 2 feet in the air...
Gotta love that TAP ammo.
anyway it was a fun time and i have to save up for more ammo now
my buddies did a good job of using almost all of it.
Im glad I was able to show some people the EOtech and help them make a decision on it
it definitely helped my buyers remorse to buy an NV compatible even though I dont have NV
but I have a hell of a sight.
cant wait for the next one and I will try to get food with you clowns
Oh yeah my shoulder doesnt like you anymore Rob
that turkey load gun was insane!!!
it made the AR10 feel like a pea shooter
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, all I can say is that I had a great time today. My son Justin also enjoyed getting to try some different guns. He definitely wants his own 9mm carbine to shoot. It was great meeting all the new people and seeing some guys from the last time.

I will have to see if I can make the next one. It is a bit of a long drive for me.

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow when I get home.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Rob,and everyone who was there, it was a great time.  I got to try a bunch of new guns, have some ideas for the future...We couldn't have asked for a nicer day, although now my skin has a nice tomato hue to it =P

Oh, and I can't explain it, but I swear the OO-Buck from my mossberg was a lot worse than the turkey load...man, did that do a number on the target.

Thanks again everyone, hope to see you all at future meets. :-)
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
VAgunnut
i was going to see if he wanted to shoot either of my glocks or the AR
however thats cool that you got him into our weird family of gun freaks
I had fun
that turkey load still hurts
maybe your son shoulda shot that
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I came back on here because I forgot the most important thing. I guess I am still recovering from all the sun.

I just want to give a big thankyou to Rob for hosting another great event. He is a great guy and puts a lot of effort into these events. Also, a big thanks for letting Justin try your carbine out. I think he is hooked on it now.

555R, thanks for the offer, maybe next time. I let him try my AR's and Glocks back home but they are a bit much for him.

I think if he gets the Hi-Point he will be hooked for good. He will be a 9yr old with two guns already. Luckily we live in place that is still open to teaching kids about guns and safe shooting. He is part of a 4H shooting team and they do a great job at getting kids into the shooting sports. Everyday he is slowly being assimilated.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#12]
hey all i had a great time sampling all the different guns(rifles shotties and handguns) that were there richard said to post his thanks for the use of the .45. bumpfiring was a blast although you cant hit anything while doing it.

i got a few pics i was spending more time on the trigger than the shutter but i will for ward the few i have when i figure out how to.

and thank you for the lula im trying tofigure out what i did before.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank You FMJ for another fine shootout.The clay pigeon targets are going back to the engineering dept. for minor repairs and fine tuning, the concept turned out better than expected and I,m glad everyone enjoyed blasting them apart.The Sept. 6th Blast IV should see more.Also I am a little better at putting names to faces after yesterday's gathering.See you in Sept.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Rob,

The pic's look great, why no group photo this time.  Did someone get photoshopped ?

I will be there in Sept.  Still can't believe all those toys in NJ.  

Can't wait till Sept.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#15]
What's the law on out-of-staters bringing guns into PRNJ?  I used to live there, and I have some friends I'd love to visit, but not without my toys.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Rob,

The pic's look great, why no group photo this time.  Did someone get photoshopped ?

I will be there in Sept.  Still can't believe all those toys in NJ.  

Can't wait till Sept.

Nah, I was just so busy talking with folks that I hardly got to shoot guns or cameras!  Its a good thing though, I get the most satisfaction from seeing everyone come together and have fun!

The pics are misleading though, this was the biggest one yet in both # of people and # of firearms.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What's the law on out-of-staters bringing guns into PRNJ?  I used to live there, and I have some friends I'd love to visit, but not without my toys.  

We'd love to have you!  We have had at least two other states represented so far.  It just comes down to what firearms you want to bring.  If you post a list, we can tell you go/no-go pretty easily.  (in a nutshell - no preban, max mag capacity 15 rds and some specifically banned weapons)  

Other than that, just keep them unloaded and locked in the trunk or at least locked in a case while travelling.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Rob, thanks for organizing yet another awesome day at the range.  I hope to see everyone again in September!

555R, I'll be sure to bring the Remington LTR next time.  I was planning on bringing it yesterday but didn't have any good quality .308 on hand.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#19]
If anyone else has pics please post them
antonio thats OK
I can live without the LTR for a little while
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a couple pics of the tables.  If someone wants to see or post them, send me an e-mail.  

Big thanks to Rob for another great shoot.  My old man and I had a good time.  It took a while, but I'm finally learning to shoot straight enough to sight in.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#21]
post the pics post the pics
I wanna see the whole shebang again
I know it was a beautiful sight to behold
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Here are a few more pics.

Justin getting hooked by the Hi-Point.

Rob about to give a demonstration of the mighty 3 1/2" Turkey Magnum.

The first Victim.

Another Braveheart.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#23]
nice
shots
notice the grimace on my face
one shot was enough
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#24]
hey what model AK47 was that green one that I was shooting?
Im thinking about one of those
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
hey what model AK47 was that green one that I was shooting?
Im thinking about one of those

That was Phoenix_III's Romanian WASR-10.  www.impactguns.com has them new for $270.  A lot out there will only take single-stack mags though (no high cap) but you can find converted ones.  PIII's obviously had the modification, since we had the 30-rounders (temp. blocked, of course!) but that was done by a previous owner and I don't have the details.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Four Model WASR-10s available
Low 1
Low 2
High 1
High 2

Low = low capacity only
High = accepts high mags, this is a mod done at the factory, not by the buyer.  It is welded in place.

1 = thumbhole stock
2 = regular wooden furniture, and the numbers are arbitrary.

Mine = High 2, with K-var synthetic (plastic) furniture.  Gets rid of the third world look.  =)
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#27]
You can get factory hi-cap WASR-10s too.

edit: Yeah, what ^^^^ he said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top