Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 10:03:39 AM EDT
OK, its official. I will be in "The City That Never Sleeps" for the 4th of July Weekend. Specifically, we will be staying at the "Midtown Comfort Inn" - 129 West 46th St.

How'd I do (there really wasn't too much available this late in the game)?

If any of you NYC fuckers want to link up, drop me an e-mail. That is, unless you are part of the "blame 'THE JEW'" crowd or the "Ragnar Redbeard is my hero" crowd. Such folks are not welcome in my vicinity.

Any recommendations on things to do, see? I already intend to hit ground zero, statue of liberty. What else? How about places to eat? Did they ever open that NRA restaurant?

How about the fireworks. Some of you all posted very cryptic info on where to go for the fireworks. Could you translate that into non-New Yorker English?

Adam
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Adam, your Jewish?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Adam, keep in mind that there will probably be an orange alert that weekend, if not nationwide, than clearly in NYC.  To that end you might want to avoid some of the marquee attractions like the Intrepid, Empire State Building etc.  You might want to look and see if any of the harbor cruise lines are offering a fireworks cruise that would allow you to view them over the water.  Don't go to Ellis Island, they won't allow you into the statue of liberty from what my mother told me, she was there a month ago.  But you can take the ferry around the harbor and see the statue of Lady Liberty and get some great photos.  You like Italian food?  Have to go to Little Italy for lunch or dinner.  Wave can tell you the places that give cops free calamari, I recommend Angelo on Mulberry's.  You'll be there on the weekend?  Find a little coffee shop near Central Park and have a good cup of coffee, a NYC bagel and read the Sunday Post.  Don't forget to take a walk in Central Park, what a great sanctuary in the middle of one of the world's craziest cities.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
... If you're up to it, you really should see The Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art and the American Museum of Natural History while at the history museum you MUST  do the Planetarium tour and show.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Adam, your Jewish?

Nope, just a low tolerance for Nazis.

Besides, I believe I mentioned to you who I am travelling with.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Adam, your Jewish?

I believe I mentioned to you who I am travelling with.

Actually I dont tihnk you did, please fill me in...
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If any of you NYC fuckers want to link up, drop me an e-mail. That is, unless you are part of the "blame 'THE JEW'" crowd or the "Ragnar Redbeard is my hero" crowd. Adam

Please treat the downtrodden with a little more compassion!

Oh yeah, you'll find most of thoose ragnar and jew crew haters down south.

And another thing, don't listen to Hiram about "alerts", because if you live your life that way, you're not living!  Go into the city, enjoy it and don't forget to wear your I Love NY shirt.  The chicks dig it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top