Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 2:15:40 PM EDT
Looks like I will be in your fair city (the first time ever, I may add) for the Independance Day weekend.

I am looking for ideas of what to do, where to stay from those of you that know.

I will also gladly buy any of you jackasses a beer if you have time for a link-up.

I assume firearms are out of the question, so I will not be bringing any - but what are the rules about knives in cars?

Adam
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You can carry a knife, but it must be concealed and can be no longer than 4 inches.  No Gravity, or spring loaded openers.  Off the top of my head, those are the major parts of it.  I'll see if I can dig up the actual ordinace and add to this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can carry a knife, but it must be concealed and can be no longer than 4 inches.  No Gravity, or spring loaded openers.  Off the top of my head, those are the major parts of it.  I'll see if I can dig up the actual ordinace and add to this.

So I guess the 18" Khukri I keep in my car should stay behind ?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
If it stays in your car, I don't think it would be a problem, BUT why risk the chance of having some nimrod break in and take it on ya.  Leave it home.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
good fireworks show that you can watch from brooklyn heights.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll be on the Manhattan Side of the Macy's Fireworks Show somewhere along the FDR Drive. Really a pretty awesome time.

Looks like Ray is volunteering to take us all to a good spot!  THANKS RAY!  You mind putting a cooler of beer in your trunk too?

You da man!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Adam_White: East River Drive gets REALLY crowded...better views can be had from Queens and the Brooklyn promenade. Otherwise, stake out a spot on the western sidewalk with a clear view of the sky on First Avenue. Bring a folding chair and a cooler.

If you travel plans allow it, try and book a downtown hotel room (the Millenium near the WTC has recently reopened) with an East-facing room on a high floor.

Lastly, think about FMJunkie's New Jersey shoot at Fort Dix on the 5th. maybe 90 min from Manhattan and full of guys with guns for you to borrow...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
... Do they launch the fireworks off one of the bridges over the East River?

... Any other strategic spots to watch 'em?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is a good website, has lots of info-

www.newyorkled.com/moreNYseasonal_4th_July.htm

(edited the link)
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#11]
... Hey Adam_White, I just got back from a walk down your street. Although it's not really "uppidy" you are just a block or two east of the "Center of the Universe" (Times Square). You and the family will have a grand time. Just don't spend it in your hotel for anything other than SSS&S.

... I'll be in town whilst your visit here, and while no doubt the local gang know where all the bones are buried, I have certainly learned where the more significant points of interests are.

... IM me for my cell number if you'd like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top