Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2003 5:09:02 AM EDT
Winchester for 3.49 a box today through June 14.  I bought and fired some of this last time it was on sale early last month and it went bang, ejected, and seemed to get near the bullseyes abut as well as the other stuff I sent downrange.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Winchester for 3.49 a box today through June 14.  I bought and fired some of this last time it was on sale early last month and it went bang, ejected, and seemed to get near the bullseyes abut as well as the other stuff I sent downrange.

what caliber of ammo is this?  .223 q313a?  Also was any other ammo on sale?  I cleaned them out of shot shells back in october when they had winchest #7.5 for like 2.29 a box and 2.49 for #9 shot
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The ammo on sale is Winchester .223 Rem 55 grain FMJ.  It's USA223R1, not Q3131A.  

USA223R1 - Muzzle Velocity (fps) = 3240; Energy (ft.lbs.) = 1282

Q3131A – Muzzle Velocity (fps) = 3270; Energy (ft.lbs.) = 1305

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Antonio- I responded on the ammunition page but didn't get back to Hoplite quick enough.  Also, I had no idea re: MV and energy. Someone on the other page said the last time they bought it at Sports Auth it was 45 grain.  I just know it functioned well last month (-:
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Hoplite,
9mm, 38 and 40 and 45 cal are all on sale, the sale circular just said Winchester centerfire.  (I don't think 30 30 or 30 06 was listed.)  I had problems with the
winchester shotshells.  (Aluminum based, made in France, and I broke an extractor hook on my Mossberg 500 forcing the pump back to try to get a stuck one out.  Right after that, my friend had one stick the same way so we decided enough clays, on to pistol and rifle.
T and T fixed it free (it was just 6 months old) and I vowed never to buyaluminum based shotshells again.  A guy on guntalk.com and another on Numrich arm's website both confirmed they also had Win aluminum shells stick in their shotguns too.  Autoloaders might be OK, but be careful once the shotgun gets "warm."
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
No problemo, pequa1.  I got the info right off the Winchester website.  It seems that the USA223R1 is .223 whereas the Q3131A is 5.56 mm.  When I compared the two cartridges side by side, I noticed that the annealed portion of the case is polished on the USA223R1.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
MY benelli Nova eats everything i have fed it which has mostly consisted of federal high velocity game loads but also have shot some winchester (500 shells) and about 250 of regular federal.  
Ill head over and see if there is a "deal" since the prices at Walmart are hard to beat.  The Walmart in middle island has #8 high velocity for about 32 and change after tax (250 shells) hard to beat at that price
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top