Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 4:24:36 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting into reloading and want to talk to someone (in person if possible) who is involved with making rounds for the AR.
Post if you like to roll your own.

Kurt
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Kurt,

I only load for handgun but would be willing to learn for rifle if someone is teaching.

Mike in Morris County
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike,

Which calibers do you reload and what do you reload on?  I am looking to get started but would like to talk to someone in order to narrow down my choices.  I do not want to spend a lot of money on a piece of junk that NOBODY has any luck with.  If I do decide to go this route, it is going to soak up a lot of ammo money to get started.  I want to do it right.

ka
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I roll my own for all my handguns (14 years and still going)and now I am thinking on doing it for my AR's, no big deal just different caliber and sizes. Depending on $$$ I will go with the 550 Dillon, or a RCBS single stage. Where in NJ are you, I live in Bloomfield (07003)

BR
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I reload for .45 and 9mm. I have Dillon equipment. A 550B for .45 and a SDB in 9mm. I bought the SDB used from a friend and could not pass it up.

Reloading for the .45 is very easy. You just have to be careful and take you time.

I'm in Morris County.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to learn to reload but I think I may be to nervous ti fire any that I reloaded.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:07:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I roll my own for all my handguns (14 years and still going)and now I am thinking on doing it for my AR's, no big deal just different caliber and sizes. Depending on $$$ I will go with the 550 Dillon, or a RCBS single stage. Where in NJ are you, I live in Bloomfield (07003)

BR

BR,
Sorry for the delay, I've been out of touch for a while.  I am down in Atlantic county (08037).  I guess I am going to hold off for now until I can afford a Dillon press.  As you know, this is a hobby that requires a lot of Jacksons, Franklins, and Jeffersons in order to have any fun.  I suppose for the summer at least, I will have to budget for ammo and not reloading equipment.  

Are ya going to  the 5 July shoot at Ft. Dix?  

ka
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
if you get into reloading let me know...
I will be more than happy to get a few hundred/thousand rounds from you...
support the locals you know
just load them hot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top