Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 11:34:02 AM EDT
... wear Levi's and an AR15.com T-shirt into without getting funny looks.

... I feel like dressing down a bit tonight.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I always like to hit The Slaughtered Lamb in Greenwich Village.  A "traditional" English pub complete with darts and all that.  182nd West 4th in Greenwich Village.

Not sure about the dress style because I never gave a damn.  I'm a doc's, jeans and t-shirt kind of guy.  If they look askance about the ar15.com, tell them you fill your mags with silver bullets. (They kinda do the werewolf theme up.  Wasn't this the name of the pub in American WW in London?)  Either way...a good place to get a Black & Tan.

www.slaughteredlambpub.com/home.html
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The Slaughtered Lamb is a great pub in the Village...pretty good grub too. It can get a bit "Bohemian" as the weekend nights get later...

They do a great stout on tap. I haven't been there recently, but there was a very cute young lady from Red Hook, Brooklyn named Heather behind the bar when I used to go there...

Edited to add: The dress style is Village Casual: anything you want, as long as it's black.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Also on the east end of 42nd street (corner 2nd Ave.): McFaddens...nice drinks but fills up with the younger crowd after 9 pm or so.

West side in the southern end of the Theatre District: 9th Ave from like the high 40's to the low-to-mid fifties...lot's of good bars, especially Smith's: traditional blue-collar bar with steam-table grub. The neighborhood is an eclectic mix of Hell's Kitchen locals, hardhats, new immigrants and theater patrons.

Winston: sorry I missed you last night but my meeting ran very late. If you're still in town tomorrow, how about coming out to Long Island for Balzac's party? Get LIRR advice from Wave or hitch a ride with me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
... Thanks guys, I'll have to go out carousing after a quick bite.

... Wave, if your out-n-about and you're in the area of Times Square tonight gimme a call if you want.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
PJ Carneys on 6th ave between 58 and 57. every other drink is a buy back and the best grub in town bar none
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
PJ Carneys on 6th ave between 58 and 57. every other drink is a buy back and the best grub in town bar none

... Well Hell then, I'm going now!

... I'm staying at the Hilton @ Rockefeller Center right next door!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

... Dang it mag162, it's on 7th ave man!
Gave up on it tonight, I'll go back tomorrow.

... PJ CARNEYS WEST 906 Seventh Ave.  57th St. & 7th Ave!

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]
OH SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT ITS BEEN YEARS SINCE I BEEN THERE. I USED TO WORK ACROSS THE STREET AT A PLACE CALLED THE NYAC FOR YEARS. GOT OFF WORK AT MIDNIGHT HEAD TO CARNEYS TILL 5 0R 6 AM. AHH LIFE BEFORE THE WIFE AND KIDS.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#10]
If you're still in town try these;

O'Lunneys - on 46th East of 7th Ave

El Rio Grande - 37th and 3rd

Playwright - 49th West of 7th Ave

Fiddlers Green - 48th East of 6th Ave

Connoly's - 52nd Est of 6th Ave

Scruffy Duffys and Kevin St. James (next to each other) 8th Ave and 45th St

Tons of bars on 3rd Ave between 34th and 37th...

The whole upper west side, lots of good places within walking distance.

For Pizza I'm partial to Patsy's - several locations - W 74th St, W 23rd St, 1312 2nd Ave

That should keep you busy for a night or two if you are on a business trip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top