Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 8:42:45 AM EDT
I have a guy who wants to trade me a pistol plus cash for my SPR.  The thing is i dont have a license yet.  Does anyone know of any stores that will hold the pistol until my paperwork is finalized? I would be willing to pay a rental fee if necessary.
Normally i would just say no but its a LNIB HK p7m13 and you dont see these everyday
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if a store would/can do that. Do you have a bud that can put it on his permit till you get your's???
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I would suggest you give Bill at Wholesale Guns & Ammo a call(631-727-9691) and ask him if it can legally be done and if they would be interested in helping you out.  If  it comes down to last resorts and you want someone to put it on their permit and till you get yours I would be willing to help you out.  Good luck, hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Tom , i bought 5 pistols some on the net some directly from Marc before i got my permit.
Im sure if its not too long of a wait any ffl that u have done business with will hold the pistol til its transfered to ur permit
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Send it up here, I have room in my safe for a P7....
You would have to find where I live to get it back, tho.

Nice job - I am a bit jealous.

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I have room to hold it.. permanently.. :)

If you don't want it let me know.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Send it up here, I have room in my safe for a P7....
You would have to find where I live to get it back, tho.

Nice job - I am a bit jealous.

you can be jealous after i have it in my hands.  I want to make sure i can get this thing stored first
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]

If you have trouble finding someone I know a dealer in Mahopac NY whose very accomodating and will do it for $25.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you have trouble finding someone I know a dealer in Mahopac NY whose very accomodating and will do it for $25.

Blue Mountain Sports? Nice guy, fair prices.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blue Mountain Sports? Nice guy, fair prices.

No, just an FFL guy who works out of his house.  My friends and I routinely use him for transfers.  Very helpful and accomodating, nicest guy in the world.  And $25 on handguns and $20 on rifles is a bargain.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would suggest you give Bill at Wholesale Guns & Ammo a call(631-727-9691) and ask him if it can legally be done and if they would be interested in helping you out.  If  it comes down to last resorts and you want someone to put it on their permit and till you get yours I would be willing to help you out.  Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Is't Guns & Ammo closed?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time I was at Wholesale guns they'd packed up shop and moved into little shoebox in Riverhead near the main post office structure that was never finished.  That was about 9 months ago.

Needless to say, the new store stinks compared to the old one.  I guess they are focusing on the mail order side of the business.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Last time I was at Wholesale guns they'd packed up shop and moved into little shoebox in Riverhead near the main post office structure that was never finished.  That was about 9 months ago.

Is that the one on west main street, right next to the animal hospital, I drive by it a lot but never stopped in. Any good?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the one on west main street, right next to the animal hospital, I drive by it a lot but never stopped in. Any good?

Not compared to the old shop.  Still, it's worth stopping in, especially if you love the smell of cosmoline.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is't Guns & Ammo closed?

Moved to Main St., Riverhead  some time now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]
The troopers will hold the guns for you.... :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top