Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2003 8:53:49 PM EDT
Balzac72 has finally graduated from Fordham Law.  What better excuse for a night of being a degenerate before studying the bar?

Any of the NY Crew interested in getting together in the metro-Huntington, LI area for drinks, dinner and after hours entertainment, Saturday the 24th or other follwing weekends?

If anyone is interested, let me know.  If you can't make it, we will probably be at Calverton the next morning.

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:48:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
congrats to Balzac....drink one for me fellas!!!  
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:08:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Congradulations Balzac72!!!

Unfortunately, I can not make any get together that weekend.  Will be in Scranton that weekend for my nephews graduation.  

Bill H.
Farmingdale
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:31:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in. Is this a bring the wife affair?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
YOU LIKE ME!!!  YOU REAAAALLY LIKE ME!  I see no reason why not to bring the wife, but I'm guessing that the post food activities might get somewhat "rowdy."  

I just want a good night with my Arfcom buddies, this is just a great excuse to do it!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
YOU LIKE ME!!!  YOU REAAAALLY LIKE ME!
I just want a good night with my Arfcom buddies wife, this is just a great excuse to do it!  I'm guessing somewhat "rowdy." I see no reason why not.  

Congratulations Balzac!

I can't make the evening of the 24th, but I'll be there in spirit. Somebody take him to a ta-ta bar and buy him a lap dance.....and take PICS!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I am there, just let me know where and at what time, Congrats, Balzac, ESQ.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#8]
im in , Congrats man
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#9]
So, it looks like Balzac does have friends, afterall.  I am sure he will lose many when he passes the bar.

So, Balzac - you know the area better than I, where and when in Huntington?

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#10]
We can hit that place farther out east after shooting, then head someplace a little off color afterwards?  Basically, lets hear what everyone else suggests?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats again to you Greg. I won't be able to attend but I'll be sure to raise a cyber glass to you for a toast. Best wishes for the future.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I won't be able to attend the festivities since I start my day on the weekends this time of year at 3:30a.m. but I wish you the best of luck and please hoist a few drinks and skirts for me!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I won't be able to attend the festivities since I start my day on the weekends this time of year at 3:30a.m. but I wish you the best of luck and please hoist a few drinks and skirts for me!

Ya sissy! My days start at 3:30-4:00am year round...and lemme tell ya..it's freakin' COLD on a bridge at 6am in Jan. when the sun don't shine (if you can call it that) until 7:30 or so....C'mon Greenie, take a nap after work and come out with us youngsters!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ya sissy! My days start at 3:30-4:00am year round...and lemme tell ya..it's freakin' COLD on a bridge at 6am in Jan. when the sun don't shine (if you can call it that) until 7:30 or so....C'mon Greenie, take a nap after work and come out with us youngsters!

"Your Honor, let the record reflect that Helldog works the hardest and in the coldest of climates."

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Your Honor, let the record reflect that Helldog works the hardest and in the coldest of climates."

More like: "Your Honor, let the record show that Helldog is the one here who is stupid enough to choose a job like that instead of something more suited to a human being."

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
More like: "Your Honor, let the record show that Helldog is the one here who is stupid enough to choose a job like that instead of something more suited to a human being."

Looks like I have been overruled...

Sorry you won't make it down on the 24th.  I have been trying to get some of the guys to come upstate, but you know how those Long Islanders are...

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:30:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Racer, where in CT are you? I was in Greenwich just last week...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I am up in the cheap seats of Fairfield County, Danbury.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't sell Danbury short...it's a nice area....Have you got plans for Memorial Day weekend? Lorie and I are going camping in Kent at Macedonia Brook SP that weekend. Kent is a cute town, if a little yuppy-fied....they have an art show that weekend also...we make it a yearly visit. We have the portable feed station with..stop by if you feel the urge.

IM  for further details if you like.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for invite, sounds cool.  IM inbound.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump - Poll added.

Due to some NY members having plans for the weekend, Balzac requested that the date be changed and a poll added to take a sampling of dates that would show the best showing at the celebration.

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#22]
As long as its a late afternoon / night time affair any of the dates are OK.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Congratulations Balzac! I wish I could get to the City to hang with you on your celebratory romp into the pits of debauchery. Alas, all that I can offer is a digital high-five.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Congratulations Balzac! I wish I could get to the City to hang with you on your celebratory romp into the pits of debauchery. Alas, all that I can offer is a digital high-five.

Greg, Be CAREFUL! Make sure he washes his hands first....check out that sig pic!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Greg, Be CAREFUL! Make sure he washes his hands first....check out that sig pic!

BWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!  

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like 31 Mar is it.  Later in the week, I will post details, times and places.

Thanks;

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#27]
what time?  have a job that that day
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Could have been.....The 24th... Me, in a bar, beers in hands, drinking self silly for Balzac's Graduation.

What will be....The 31st...Me, in the woods, beers in hands, drinking self silly with friends upstate on the government dime.

Sorry....congrats.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Could have been.....The 24th... Me, in a bar, beers in hands, drinking self silly for Balzac's Graduation.

What will be....The 31st...Me, in the woods, beers in hands, drinking self silly with friends upstate on the government dime.

Drill weekend at Camp Smith, Sherm?

Sorry....congrats.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drill weekend at Camp Smith, Sherm?

Sorry....congrats.

Rapelling in New Paltz, even better.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Rappelling in New Paltz, even better.

Just came back from Wawarsing...nice range. Drove through New Paltz to go to diner on the river in Highlands...where are you going....Mohonk?  Minnesink?

And btw Sherm, those things that the trees and rocks are sitting on at all different vertical levels? They're called "mountains"...once you cross the Sound, New York actually goes up to about 2000 ft. elev. above sea level, which is probably like 1990 more than you're used too... Watch out for nose bleeds, shortness of breath and altitude sickness.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rappelling in New Paltz, even better.

And btw Sherm, those things that the trees and rocks are sitting on at all different vertical levels? They're called "mountains"...once you cross the Sound, New York actually goes up to about 2000 ft. elev. above sea level, which is probably like 1990 more than you're used too... Watch out for nose bleeds, shortness of breath and altitude sickness.

Yes and the dreaded HAFE(High Altitude Flatus Expulsion) i.e. You fart A LOT.

Yeah, I was rudely introduced to those mountain thingies at the Navy's Wilderness Medicine Course in Bridgeport, CA last year. Base camp altitude 6700 feet, 4.5 mile trail run 1st day there, from beautiful sea level Lejeune. We humped it up to 10,000 feet later that week on a field exercise and spent two days, doing non stop movement with a little sleep thrown in here and there.

I thought I was gonna die.

I'm still screwed. All that extra hemoglobin I made during my seven weeks in the mountains went away at sea level.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yeah, I was rudely introduced to those mountain thingies at the Navy's Wilderness Medicine Course in Bridgeport, CA last year.

I thought I was gonna die.

Ah yes, beatiful Pickel Meadows..where permanent party lives in luxurious QUonset huts and the students get to sleep in GP Mediums...

We arrived there in April one year, temp. in the 50's and bare ground....Overnight, literally a foot of snow an hour until we had 8 feet. Walking to breakfast was um....shall we say, a bit of a chore?

The Sierras make the Jewish Alps (Catskills) seem like molehills.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#34]
[Helldog Mode]

Quoted:

Yeah, I was rudely introduced to those mountain thingies at the Navy's Wilderness Medicine Course in Bridgeport, CA last year. Base camp altitude 6700 feet, 4.5 mile trail run 1st day there, from beautiful sea level Lejeune. We humped it up to 10,000 feet later that week on a field exercise and spent two days, doing non stop movement with a little sheep thrown in here and there.

I thought I was gonna die. So did the sheep!

I'm still screwed. All that extra hemoglobin (Is that what you named the sheep?)I made during my seven weeks in the mountains went away at sea level.

[Helldog mode off]

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#35]
so what is the plan , fellas?

where are we going
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
[Helldog Mode]

[Helldog mode off]

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Ah...imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, I thank you!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#37]
im in.  greg suggested phils at 6pm.  anyone have any ideas better or worse?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
im in.  greg suggested phils at 6pm.  anyone have any ideas better or worse?

Just post directions so I can put it in Mapquest.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Come on guys, this celebration was nothing more than an excuse for me to get together with you while I'm studying for the bar!  Who's coming?

Phil's Restaurant & Sports Lounge - Wading River ...(631) 929-0508

Figure on dinner and some drinks, we also have to tip the glass to Hoplite, who recently turned 21!!!  Except he's a humble man, so it would have completely passed under the radar.  Congrats on being able to hit the bar with us!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm not sure if I can go but I sure will try to make it. Greg is one of the good guys in my book and I would like to buy him a drink and celebrate with my buds from NY. Can someone please give me all the specifics, date, time, place. I'm a little retarted tonight after spending time infiltrating, I mean making friends over at DUhh.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Phil's @ 6p.m. Saturday the 31st of May.  I'm there and (Uh Oh)will be bringing along Mrs. Green18 and possibly my girl friend(her best friend who is single and loaded) so it should be an interesting time.  Please DO NOT act any different around the womenz.  They want to meet all of you as I have described you.  See everyone there at Phil's around 6 pm and Greg, the first round and dinners' on us, and if you get too happy to make it home, my house is your house(you can crash with us).  That goes for anyone else for that matter, since we're all family anyway.  See you there!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Now i dont know if i will be done with work today.  I wound up working 14.5 hours when i was supposed to work a lot less.  I hope I can make it there
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#44]
ill try, Huntington Area aint Wading River
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Hmm, women coming?  Maybe I'll bring out my GF so I can drink more!  Good idea Tim!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:55:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Two things:

1) Does anyone have the actual street address?
and 2) DO YOU FREAKIN' SAND FLEAS EVER DO ANYTHING ON THAT ISLAND THAT'S NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE? Sheesh, I can be in Albany as fast as the twin forks.

Hmm...maybe I should go early and stop by Calverton...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Looks like 31 Mar is it.  Later in the week, I will post details, times and places.

Thanks;

Hmm....was it two months ago? Did I miss it?

BTW Racer..lover that new avatar.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:18:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Phils Restaurant Rt. 25A, Wading River.

So who is going to make it?  Weather is going to be real nasty later in the day so be careful out there!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:30:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for thge details, I definetly can't make it. Sorry Greg, wish I could join you. I'm leaving for work in a minute so enjoy and drive safely(designated drivers).
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:07:57 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks;

Hmm....was it two months ago? Did I miss it?

BTW Racer..lover that new avatar.

Doh!  Brain fade.

Thanks, glad you like it.  Trying to keep a "theme".  I already have the next few picked out.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top