Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 11:39:19 PM EDT
Hello everyone! I am new to the Ak-47 and I soon will be moving to New Jersey. I would like to know if the Romanian SAR-1 is legal in the state of New Jersey? Thanks for any help!

Lilkicker
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess not.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Give em a little more than half a day to respond!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
RBAD indicated to me that the SAR series is legal to own in NJ.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, SARs are even for sale in a few shops in NJ.  However, YOU"RE BIG MAGS ARE NOT!!

I highly suggest you go here and try to familiarize yourself with NJ gun laws.  Look for the firearms section of the website.  You will also find the phone number to call with questions.

www.njsp.org
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
May god help NJ...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks you! I need one more question answered if it is not to much trouble. Are all postban AR15s legal in New jersey, or are there only certain brands? Thank again for the help.

Lilkicker
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes they are. I own two (SAR1 and SAR2), but mags must be limited to a max of 15 rounds. You buy 30 rounders and then plug them to legal limit,

All AR15 post ban are legal, as long as they do not say: AR15 on it and are able to take M16 parts; no flash supressor, no bayo lug, no collapsible stock, magz to a limit of 15, no rapid fire.

Welcome to NJ. (where are you moving)

BR
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#8]
 Thanks again for the help! I am moving to McGuire AFB. I wish I was staying in Texas. This state is so gun friendly. Since I am in the service, I go where they send me.

Lilkicker
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 Thanks again for the help! I am moving to McGuire AFB. I wish I was staying in Texas. This state is so gun friendly. Since I am in the service, I go where they send me.

Lilkicker

The good news is you'll be right across the street from the Ft. Dix range facilities and a short hop from Great Adventure....a little jaunt to the Shore or a weekend in NYC..Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, than I look forward to seeing everyone at the range.

Lilkicker
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Are the Romanian SARs the only AK-47 rifle legal in New Jersey?

Lilkicker
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Lilkicker-

I served a sentence at MaGoo (Mar 78-Sep 81)!  I was working on sport model C-141s (A) when I got there.  From what I hear you guys will be next in line for the C-17.  It's a pretty sweet jet.  I worked the FTD at Charleston and after retiring from the AF I trained some of the guys with the RAF's 99 Sqdn as they were getting theirs.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#13]
  Cool, I like C-17s. Right now, I am at sheppard AFB doing Instructor duty. Wish I could stay! I miss working on the Kc-10. I can't wait to get back on the flightline. The C-141s are just about gone now!

Lilkicker
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I was an instructor in the FTD at Charleston for 8 years.  4 teaching the C-141, then McPeak shut down the FTDs in "The Year Of Training."  That always confused me.  When we came back on line I transitioned to the C-17 and spent 4 years teaching that.  It's the most maintenance-friendly airplane I've ever worked with.  They actually designed it with wrench benders in mind.  I think you'lll like it.  Sometimes I get nostalgic about 141s, but I wouldn't change a spoiler pack or rig a NLG steering wheel even at gunpoint after the 17.

I'm sure you've already gathered that NJ isn't the most gun friendly state.  Make sure you're up on all the laws & be careful out there.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#15]
   Thanks for the help everyone! I know New Jersey isn't the best state for gun owners, but what can I do. I will just have to deal with it.

Lilkicker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top