Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2022 2:48:32 PM EDT
Looking at the course of fire I noticed that 10 shots are fired in 2 shot exercises in 3 seconds in stage 1 B.

How does this work in the revolver portion?  I'm assuming you're given time and allowed to reload after 6 rounds to finish off 10 shots.

Would the same hold for shooting a 1911 .45 that doesn't hold 10 rounds?

I also noticed they're allowing red dots sights as long as there's no magnification, it a good thing as red dots are getting more popular.  Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking at the course of fire I noticed that 10 shots are fired in 2 shot exercises in 3 seconds in stage 1 B.

How does this work in the revolver portion?  I'm assuming you're given time and allowed to reload after 6 rounds to finish off 10 shots.

Would the same hold for shooting a 1911 .45 that doesn't hold 10 rounds?

I also noticed they're allowing red dots sights as long as there's no magnification, it a good thing as red dots are getting more popular.  Thanks for looking.
View Quote

By putting a break into the shooting string. They try to keep it 'revolver neutral'. Typically, load 4.  Shoot twice. Load 6 if possible and finish, but if it's a 5 shot shoot once, pause and let the 5 shot student load 1, finish string.

Edit:  excellent if they're allowing red dots, I haven't seen anything new from RSD on that subject.  That was in the pre-class email?

Edit 2:  I see a student w/ a revolver about twice a year, maybe.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

By putting a break into the shooting string. They try to keep it 'revolver neutral'. Typically, load 4.  Shoot twice. Load 6 if possible and finish, but if it's a 5 shot shoot once, pause and let the 5 shot student load 1, finish string.

Edit:  excellent if they're allowing red dots, I haven't seen anything new from RSD on that subject.  That was in the pre-class email?
View Quote

Thanks, yes they just sent a email reminder and red dots were mentioned, I think they excluded red dots on my initial confirmation email but they're gtg now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks, yes they just sent a email reminder and red dots were mentioned, I think they excluded red dots on my initial confirmation email but they're gtg now.
View Quote

Can you show the language they used for the red dots?  I am not doubting you, but would love to see how they are wording it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE USE OF OPTICAL ENHANCERS AND OPTIC SYSTEMS FOR FIREARM PROFICIENCY DEMONSTRATION

•  Optical enhancers mounted on the pistol that has an ability to magnify or zoom the shooters field of view are not allowed. (Example: scoped sight or attachment that magnifies the target)

•  Optic systems that do not provide any zoom capability but offer a sighting system within the optics are allowed.  (Example: red dot or holographic)

Regulatory Services Division

Licensing and Review Service

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE USE OF OPTICAL ENHANCERS AND OPTIC SYSTEMS FOR FIREARM PROFICIENCY DEMONSTRATION

•  Optical enhancers mounted on the pistol that has an ability to magnify or zoom the shooters field of view are not allowed. (Example: scoped sight or attachment that magnifies the target)

•  Optic systems that do not provide any zoom capability but offer a sighting system within the optics are allowed.  (Example: red dot or holographic)

Regulatory Services Division

Licensing and Review Service

View Quote

Thank you.  Good news
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top