Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2022 6:27:22 PM EDT
Looking for a couple of simple 3D printed lens caps for a spotting scope.

Already asked in GD but how bout a Texan who does 3D printing?

Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have an stl file you want printed or something custom? I'll print it for you if you have a file, just pay shipping
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I'm a 3D illiterate, how do I get one? It's just a simple slip on cap for the eyepiece and front lens, dimensions will be easy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, I'm a 3D illiterate, how do I get one? It's just a simple slip on cap for the eyepiece and front lens, dimensions will be easy.
View Quote

Most people download the stl file from sites like thingiverse.com. You can take a look and see if one there matches your needs (I found a couple).

Without a stl file you need someone to draw the object in a CAD program then export the model, which can then be printed. Maybe you can find someone to do that for free but - it’s much less likely IMO. It takes significantly more work than downloading an stl, entering your printer settings, and hitting print.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
^^^ what he said, happy to print something for you, but Coming up with a custom product is way out of scope. Post up what you are trying to fit? And I can look for an stl? Or post up measurements, but there is a big difference in fits on paper and fits in person.

butler creek not an option?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all but I found someone.  This is a spotting scope with a 88mm objective so no Butler Creek cover for it.  

I'll keep you guys in mind if I have something else 3D related, thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a cheap machine and tied putting it together after I had surgery. I got tired and realized I was lifting shit I shouldn't be lifting and stopped screwing with it.

Just be aware, the little hobby filament, doesn't do well in this heat. There are people making more durable stuff, but with higher end machines and better plastics.

I have a moderator for an air rifle made by a guy using the name Buck Rail. Solid stuff. I've been told he has the type of rig he has is the one you need for more durable stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top