Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2022 9:55:35 PM EDT
Wife has some time off in a few weeks and wants to check out Magnolia Silos and maybe eat at Magnolia Table(?) if we can get in.  I’d like to see the Texas Ranger Museum.  Any suggestions on other things to do or places to eat? Definitely want to stick to mostly indoor things since it’ll be August.  Also need recommendations on where to stay and areas to avoid.  Appreciate your help.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Dr Pepper Museum is indoors and a good way to kill 2 or 3 hours.  Cameron Park Zoo is pretty nice, drive around Cameron Park.  There's some lookout points to stop at.  Grab a burger at Health Camp.  

Don't have any recommendations on where to stay, we usually just do day trips there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Helbergs for BBQ down highway 6 out to the west of Waco.

People will tell you to try Vitek's, but that's because they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

If you're into whiskey, check out the Balconey's Distillery. They have a tour and all that jazz, I believe.

If you find an evening that is tolerable, temperature wise, Cameron Park has some nice trails to hike.

Dichotomy if your into coffee and booze.

Butter my Biscuit or My Breakfast Place for breakfast.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I just did the Balcones Distillery tour. It's a neat place.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
We’ve stayed at the Hilton by the river on University Parks two summers ago just so the kids could hit the pool. Hotel was solid.

It is also near the DP Museum, Cameron Park (keep your eyes open under the overpasses), and the Doris Miller Memorial. Cameron Park Zoo is nice but would be warm.

Be aware that that section of town is undergoing a good bit of construction, starting with 35 and west towards Cameron Park.

The newer hotels are out by Hillcrest Hospital on 6.

If you get to Waco and get in a bind, IM me. I’m thirty minutes out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  RegularJoe I will keep your offer of assistance in mind if things go south.  Much appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top