Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2022 5:24:02 PM EDT
Howdy All,

I have an aluminum ramp that my little brother thoughtfully "overstressed" (850 lb HD Road Glide + 250 lb Rider on a 600lb ramp) and now needs to have a weld repaired.

Anyone here weld Aluminum or know someone who does they would recommend in the Central Texas area?

If So, Let Me Know!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
How Central of Central Texas?

I have a cast aluminum train horn being repaired by a retired, freelance, welder in Alvarado.  I will let you know how it goes.

There are several shops that say they can weld forged aluminum south Waxahachie on US77, around Forreston.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Austin, but go to Up to DFW & down to San Antonio pretty frequently.

IM me his info if you don't mind & I'll be happy to send him some business.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:23:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont want to vouch for this guy yet until I see his work on the horn.

That said the companies south of Waxahachie get rave reviews by all the automotive people in the county.  I'll see if I can find their cards.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Not too concerned on the looks as much as the strength.

Let me know when you see how it turns out.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
IM sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top