Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2022 8:08:38 PM EDT
My sister and BIL are moving to Conroe next month, coming from awful blue state.
They are outcasts there and are not importing any leftist bullshit.
I endorse their immigration.

They like guns and are amazed that they don’t need government approval to have them here.

Looking for places to shoot in Conroe area.
I’m in San Antonio so no knowledge of that area.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
For indoor, Big Tex Ordnance is there. They have handgun and rifle ranges. They also host classes pretty frequently. Saddle River Range down 1488 is another nice indoor range.

Blackwoods Gun Club has a static outdoor range and a nice clay course.

There are others in the area, but those are all I have experience with.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you??
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely visit Big Tex Ordinance - good folks and bringing quality gear/training to the masses. Also called BTO Range and Training Center

Saddle River Range is cool, and if they have any interest in archery they can scratch both itches at the same place

Thunder Gun Range is kinda outdated but outdoors - careful on the drive in as there seem to be accidents at the entrance regularly

Blackwood Gun Club has a clays course that I liked taking family to.

Spring Guns & Ammo (Woodlands) is good to stop in, but I don't really like indoor ranges

Carters Country has a large gun store, and large outdoor range with pistol / rifle / clays / trap. I went to this one the most, only downside is the RSO's are young and you really have to keep an eye on who is around you and watch out for your own safety at times it seems.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother occasionally works at Blackwoods. First class place, RSOs are all prior service, laid back yet strict, if that makes sense. Envious as we up in the KY have nothing to compare other than perhaps Knob Creek.

If any of you show up at Blackwoods, ask for a slow moving guy named Mike, he'll get a kick out of it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Great info, thank you all!
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd suggest Trinity Armory in Cleveland Tx.  Just down Hwy 105 east of Conroe.  

Outdoor range.  Good folks there.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate all the suggestions! I moved to Conroe over three years ago and still have yet to make it to the range.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Big Tex has a 100 yd indoor range. The A/C is great when it's 100+ out.

There's also thunder gun range outdoors, I think up to 200 yds.

Good choice on Montgomery county. I'm moving in on the 6th coming from Harris county. It's a world of a difference every time I cross county lines.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#9]
What happened to shooters station by the lake? Is that big Tex now?
What about the outdoor range that used to be gun emporium?
I moved out of MC 8 years ago, so I’m outdated
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What happened to shooters station by the lake? Is that big Tex now?
What about the outdoor range that used to be gun emporium?
I moved out of MC 8 years ago, so I’m outdated
View Quote

Shooters Station is now Big Tex Ordnance
Gun Emporium is now Blackwood Sporting Co.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top