Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2022 5:42:13 PM EDT
Hey guys

I have been out of the bike loop for 10+ years, but im looking to get back into riding again.

I did some downhill and adventure racing back in the 2002-2008 range, so im not a complete novice, but I haven't been on a serious bike in a good bit.

I saw a great deal on a Santa cruz a few days ago, and im jumping in.

I'm looking for a group that rides or maybe you can plug me in with someone so im not the random lonely guy out on the trails.

Any help is appreciated... or we can start our own group

Call it  Wheely tired ??
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
New guy here, got into it this year.  Dorba is the place to go for DFW info, I “attempt” to ride Northshore usually when I have the time.  Download the DORBA app to stay up to date on which trails are open.

I might be down depending on when you ride.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the app, and I have been riding Boulder and Oak Cliff Nature Preserve because I live in Bishop Arts, so its minutes away driving.

I have only ever seen one other biker at the Oak Cliff Preserve,  but did run into several stoners and tweakers... judging by the amount of bullet holes in all the signs, it lives up to its Oak Cliff reputation
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
North shore is KING. Another good one is Erwin in McKinney.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Post up a date and location and see who can get out there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I ride mostly Rowlett Creek Preserve, some Squabble Creak and occasionally Harry Moss.  But I'm in far east Dallas county.  

I agree that Northshore is really good.  It's just too far for me considering traffic and road construction.  I'm also a cheap bastard and hate paying to get into parks.  So I seldom ride it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#6]
DORBA has a lot of good group trail rides.

You should check out Big Cedar Wilderness in Duncanville too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
If you don't mind going some distance Sherman has Binlkley park, Denison has Waterloo, there is one just north of Paris that I've heard is good, and if you have the stamina on Texoma is Crosstimbers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm an active rider, 2-3 times a week.
Knob Hill is my all time favorite but I recently moved so it's a big pain to get there now.

Sansom Park is now my main trail but sheesh, it eats tires.

North shore is ok but too full of stravaholes for me. I only go there as a last resort.

Horseshoe is good and is never very busy but I need at least 2 laps to make it worthwhile.

I ride a Santa Cruz Tallboy.

Glad to see others here.

Just don't be a Gucci stravahole
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome, I bought a Santa Cruz Tallboy, have been enjoying it a lot.

My last good bike was a Specialized Stumpjumper way back in the day.  

Night and day difference, I didn't know hydraulic brakes were a thing, but holy hell does it clamp and shed speed like no other.

I jumped up to a 29er, last bike was 26 if I recall correctly, I have a few cruiser bikes we ride with the kids and stuff, but this is next level stuff.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Big Cedar and CHSP are great trails not far from you.

If you want elevation and jumps, BC is for you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top