Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2022 1:36:53 AM EDT
About to retire from the border mission & the Guard, Off the border mission & retiring from the Guard, if you're on the route & want to meet/see/get me to pay up, post up & I'll try to stop by.  After the 4th, I'm thinkin.

Startin from west of Laredo Eagle Pass.

@Commando223
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for your service & for your duty on our border.

Congratulations on your retirement!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If we had known this on Saturday, the drinks would have been free! Congratulations on a strong run and finish.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  If we had known this on Saturday, the drinks would have been free! Congratulations on a strong run and finish.
View Quote

Thanks man.  The LT briefed this morning, I'm just here watching.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your service and enjoy your retirement.  This vet salutes you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  Thanks for your service and enjoy your retirement.  This vet salutes you.
View Quote

I'm gonna miss the free checked bag on American & the free thin mints, I'll tell you that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations on your retirement!

Now you can get busy making oddball firearms.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Congratulations on retirement
Chef
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, it's finally here.
Congratulations.

Glad we got to meet up at least once at Julio"s while you were down here.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  Wow, it's finally here.
Congratulations.

Glad we got to meet up at least once at Julio"s while you were down here.
View Quote

Yep, you gonna be around next Saturday?  I'm coming up to see the folks up there one last time.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
As of right now, I should be home that weekend. Being retired makes it easy to keep up with my daily planner, LOL  My better hallf hasn't mentioned anything about us going out of town.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  As of right now, I should be home that weekend. Being retired makes it easy to keep up with my daily planner, LOL  My better hallf hasn't mentioned anything about us going out of town.
View Quote

Shoot me your #.  I've misplaced it, can't find you in my phone.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats on your retirement. Thanks for the hard work and service to Texas and America.

How many years do you have in?

I'm sure the border mission (OLS can be a dirty phrase for many of us in the Guard) wasn't too fun. That mission has ruined manning on my team. Haven't even seen half of the assigned soldiers at the unit due to them being on the border. Doubt many will return. Expect many to retire or let their contracts expire.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  Congrats on your retirement. Thanks for the hard work and service to Texas and America.

How many years do you have in?

I'm sure the border mission (OLS can be a dirty phrase for many of us in the Guard) wasn't too fun. That mission has ruined manning on my team. Haven't even seen half of the assigned soldiers at the unit due to them being on the border. Doubt many will return. Expect many to retire or let their contracts expire.
View Quote

Retiring at 20 - didn't get the jab.  I've had a great time down here, volunteered for this repeatedly & then got called when it totally went to shit.  But between the jab & OLS, I expect leadership retention to be pretty bad.  Joe is making pretty good money down here, the ones who took the jab will likely stay on mission.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Retiring at 20 - didn't get the jab.  I've had a great time down here, volunteered for this repeatedly & then got called when it totally went to shit.  But between the jab & OLS, I expect leadership retention to be pretty bad.  Joe is making pretty good money down here, the ones who took the jab will likely stay on mission.
View Quote

That's awesome good on you for not getting the jabs I don't even know now many there are now.

Thank you for your service and all you've done down here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  That's awesome good on you for not getting the jabs I don't even know now many there are now.

View Quote

You gonna be around the week after the 4th?  Missed you last time I was in the Valley, was in a hurry.  I have more time now.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You gonna be around the week after the 4th?  Missed you last time I was in the Valley, was in a hurry.  I have more time now.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  That's awesome good on you for not getting the jabs I don't even know now many there are now.

Yeah I'll be on vacation not sure if we're going anywhere this year I'll probably just hit the range and work on projects around the house.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the route?

I'll re read may have missed details .
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's the route?

I'll re read may have missed details .
View Quote

Kinda sorting it out.  Dinner this Sat night in Del Rio if anyone wants to join.  Commando's further east if he has time for me to swing by after the 4th.

No real route set as yet, just asking if I should drop by and bring a drop of the pure.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Wish you could have made it to Cheesecake in March/April and I could have met you along with the other awesome Texans.
Congrats on your retirement sir!

On the bright side, you will have the time to make it to the next one!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Congrats on the retirement and release from OLS, bro!

I’m a cunt hair away from hitting my 20, but haven’t decided if I’m gonna pull the crew fire handle and dismount yet.

I’ve been the eternal E6 due to deployments, mobilizations, contracting and my school slot being given away to some punk ass bitch at BN like, ten times.

Whatevs, I like being a squad leader and teaching my joes things that they need to know, and they know I will always be there for them if they need help. Can’t ask for much better than that.

When you get to DFW, shoot me a message and let’s go grab beer and barbecue. There’s a couple of places in the DFW area.

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, we have a rough route starting to form.

McAllen on perhaps the 6th, Corpus the day after. the schedule is open after that til the morning of the 11th in D/FW.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Beginning to think I'll have to go to Austin on the 7th or 8th.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:30:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Austin on the 8th, Waco on the 9th, see the gun show in Waco, catch the Burleson show, then dinner w/ the Ft Worth Gun Show Krewe.  Then the Ft Worth Gun Show on the Sunday, the 10th.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Congrats on retirement!

Let me know your availability when you’re in Austin. I’m on the north side of the city but can meet anywhere depending on time.  I’m still with the throngs of the employed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Congrats on retirement!

Let me know your availability when you’re in Austin. I’m on the north side of the city but can meet anywhere depending on time.  I’m still with the throngs of the employed.
View Quote

Looks like Austin is likely this Thursday/Friday.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Had a great dinner in McAllen w/ Repoman_54r & Commando223.  Corpus tomorrow, then perhaps San Antonio, then Austin, then Waco for the gun show Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Stopped off at Massey's Gun Shop & Range in Boca Chica next to SpaceX, got to shoot a Sterling.  That thing is SMOOTH.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Spending an extra night in Corpus b/c I spent last night w/ my cousin in a pool hall w/ his stripper friends.  Then we got home and watched Bluebloods, so very little sleep.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#31]
@sethalarian
@meggers_f4i

Can y'all grab dinner tonight, or want to catch the show tomorrow, grab lunch?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_8/620050_9-10-July-Burleson-Fort-Worth-Waco-gun-shows-dinner-Saturday-night-TBA.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top