Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes but he is going to vote FOR gun control
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, twice.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. Told his office hack I'd red flag him for infringing on my rights.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes but he is going to vote FOR gun control
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Twice. Told him my wife and I would not support him again, if he voted for gun control.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Just a heads up - but when you contact the Senators Office, don't be a Dick to the people working there.

Shouting, Throwing out Profanities and acting like your are completely unhinged really does NOT help us.  

One of my Daughters worked a internship for a Congressman (Republican of course) and would sometimes have phone duty or would reach back out to constituents who had contacted the office.

Oddly to some, the ones that didn't sound like crackpots or scream obscenities' usually got priority.  Crazy huh?

Be Clear, Be Brief, Be Polite and Do Your Part to contact your Congress People & Senators in opposition.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Email, and called yesterday. No one answered and the voicemail box was full.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Called, emailed, did the GOA thing several times.  It won't do any good because he's a RINO of the worst kind.  I've even received some fairly specific responses from his office emailed back that I'm sure are form type formats trying to justify his stance on this issue.  The only solution will be to back a decent candidate that might challenge him, but I fear the sheep in Texas will blindly follow him in enough numbers for him to remain until he dies in office.

I think most of us know that faith in politicians of any stripe is ill placed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep even though I knew it would be a waste of time.

I should went with my gut and just left his spot blank on the ballot.

From this day forward I will not vote for a RINO period.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Twice. Told him my wife and I would not support him again, if he voted for gun control.
View Quote

I believe he has said this was his last term and will not run again. Getting in all his licks while he can I guess.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I believe he has said this was his last term and will not run again. Getting in all his licks while he can I guess.
View Quote

This is what I figured, especially considering his age. Up until recently, I had almost forgotten about him. He stays hidden in a basement somewhere.

I'll be glad when Coryn is replaced by someone who actually cares about gun rights.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is what I figured, especially considering his age. Up until recently, I had almost forgotten about him. He stays hidden in a basement somewhere.

I'll be glad when Coryn is replaced by someone who actually cares about gun rights.
View Quote

With his "help" we may not have any gun rights left.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Republican party will choose a candidate that is just as bad.... Ted Cruz didn't awake until after he lost the presidential primary and he has a lot of room for improvement overall.  

Cornyn has been a POS the entire time he's been in the senate.  Rino as the day is long
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Owning guns and not wanting them taken from you is enough to be red flagged.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Of Catch 22ing and then saying wanting to own a gun is a reason why you can't be trusted with one.

From the other, less visible topic - here's complete contact into for The Milk Carton, who disappears most of the time only to surface to bargain away gun rights, or run for re-election:

Washington Office:

202-224-2934

Also call the regional office, closest to where you live.

East (Tyler): 903-593-0902

Central (Austin): 512-469-6034

North (Dallas): 972-239-1310

South (Harlingen): 956-423-0162

SE (Houston): 713-572-3337

South Central (San Antonio): 210-224-7485

West (Lubbock): 806-472-7533

You don't have to have a full speech about the issue, nor do they want to hear it.  Just say "I'm a gun owner, I voted for Sen. Cornyn in 2020 and he didn't run on supporting gun control.  The framework he supports contains a series of gun control proposals, while it have zero pro-gun aspects.  Giving your opponent half of what they want while you get nothing isn't a compromise, it's a surrender.

The framework needs to be re-vamped to include aspects such as the Senator's own "Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act".

Or something similar.  Mention how many times you've voted for him if you have - he's run in 02, 08, 14, and 20.

Website form for hollering at him too:

https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/node/5853
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Of Catch 22ing and then saying wanting to own a gun is a reason why you can't be trusted with one.

From the other, less visible topic - here's complete contact into for The Milk Carton, who disappears most of the time only to surface to bargain away gun rights, or run for re-election:

Washington Office:

202-224-2934

Also call the regional office, closest to where you live.

East (Tyler): 903-593-0902

Central (Austin): 512-469-6034

North (Dallas): 972-239-1310

South (Harlingen): 956-423-0162

SE (Houston): 713-572-3337

South Central (San Antonio): 210-224-7485

West (Lubbock): 806-472-7533

You don't have to have a full speech about the issue, nor do they want to hear it.  Just say "I'm a gun owner, I voted for Sen. Cornyn in 2020 and he didn't run on supporting gun control.  The framework he supports contains a series of gun control proposals, while it have zero pro-gun aspects.  Giving your opponent half of what they want while you get nothing isn't a compromise, it's a surrender.

The framework needs to be re-vamped to include aspects such as the Senator's own "Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act".

Or something similar.  Mention how many times you've voted for him if you have - he's run in 02, 08, 14, and 20.

Website form for hollering at him too:

https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/node/5853
View Quote

Thank You.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#18]
The deal isn't completly done yet either.  Sounds like some issues as to the scope of the gun grabbing, so make a stink about things and put the heat on.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/15/cornyn-says-issues-remain-in-senate-gun-deal-n59422

A pushback by gun owners may, may, get some things dropped out of the deal.  

Thanks to all who have called and emailed.  It's more important than you think, as most people just complain about things, so every call / email moves the dial a bit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Strange I have heard absolutely NOTHING from the NRA on this. GOA and several other minor gu groups have been wearing me out on this. The silence from the NRA is defining!
Noting from the TSRA either.  One more time.

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/11/08/cake-and-compromise-illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

In a basement closet with Liz Cheney.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Called and emailed the shitbag, twice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Called and emailed the shitbag, twice.
View Quote

Good man, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Strange I have heard absolutely NOTHING from the NRA on this. GOA and several other minor gu groups have been wearing me out on this. The silence from the NRA is defining!
Noting from the TSRA either.  One more time.

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/11/08/cake-and-compromise-illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/
View Quote

I think I've gotten one email about the gun control framework from the NRA, but yes more from GOA.

I got an email form TSRA as well - if you're not on their email list for legislative updates, click on the below link.  They're doing a much more proactive and effective job on gun laws than in previous years.

https://tsrapac.com/
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I have called and emailed. I also had my wife do the same.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#25]
The latest news on the Senate's gun control framework is from RedState:

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/16/senate-gun-control-legislation-crashes-on-the-rocks-after-gop-negotiator-walks-out-n579614

Lead section:

Senate negotiations over “gun control” legislation broke down abruptly on Thursday after Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) walked out. The bill was expected to pass quickly, and an initial framework seemed to
  be broadly supported by both Republicans and Democrats.

But as is the way of Washington, the devil is in the details, and who could have possibly guessed that Democrats would attempt to take a few more bites of the apple on the way.

Keep the heat on Cornyn please.  The Democrats trying to pull a fast one and putting more in the text than agreed to (as if anyone couldn't have seen that coming) plus lots of calls from Texas could get him to back off the deal.  Without him, I don't see the rest of the GOP going along.

If you've called before - thanks, and please do so again.  Mention him walking out of the negations so that you show you're up to date on events, and thus an informed voter.

I'm gonna call tomorrow and say something like "I'm from Houston, and I'm against the gun control framework.  I see how the Senator left the discussion about this in DC.  I'd like to ask the Senator to end his involvement with this issue, as it's not one that the Democrats can be trusted on."
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have called and emailed. I also had my wife do the same.
View Quote

Good man, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Not real popular in Houston either.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#28]
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/cornyn-booed-texas-gop-convention-senate-gun-negotiations
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/cornyn-booed-texas-gop-convention-senate-gun-negotiations
View Quote

Poor little guy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#30]
we have no mechanism to conduct a recall do we?
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Nope - no recalls for Federal elected office.

Recalls are by and large a waste of time - they almost never work.  Newsome from CA won his recall, as did Scott Walker from WI back in 2011 or so.  Better to work on electing a better candidate next election.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:01:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Recalls are by and large a waste of time - they almost never work.  Newsome from CA won his recall, as did Scott Walker from WI back in 2011 or so.  Better to work on electing a better candidate next election.
View Quote

Problem with just 'elect someone else' is someone, needs to run.  

Who would do that?
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Who would do that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who would do that?

Who would the Republican party allow to run against a long term incumbent like cornyn?  

Rigged system is rigged
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Who would do that?
View Quote

As these gun control discussions occur in the swamp, am I hearing that he is gumming up the works a little for the dems on a couple of the elements of "the bill"?  Not that I trust him.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

As these gun control discussions occur in the swamp, am I hearing that he is gumming up the works a little for the dems on a couple of the elements of "the bill"?  Not that I trust him.
View Quote

Cornyn's usual pattern it seems is to be in various "negotiations" with the gun grabbers that never seems to come to anything.  This time seems different and one that will actually lead to gun grabbing laws, but we'll see how attuned he and the GOP leadership is to pushback from the base.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Cornyn's usual pattern it seems is to be in various "negotiations" with the gun grabbers that never seems to come to anything.  This time seems different and one that will actually lead to gun grabbing laws, but we'll see how attuned he and the GOP leadership is to pushback from the base.
View Quote

Looks like Cornyn sold us out. We get nothing, Democrats get more laws to slowly chip away at our rights. Let him know how you feel
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I emailed this morning and called (to early) and will do so several times more. It drives me mad that they call it a compromise the dictionary says that is “an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.”, what did we get in return? Did we get an amnesty period, repeal of the NFA, repeal of the Hughes Amendment, removal of supresssors from the NFA, NO we only had our rights further restricted.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#38]
When the other side gets half of what they want, and your side gets nothing, that's not a compromise, that's a slow motion surrender, which perfectly summarizes the national GOP.  

Here's what I wrote, and will tell them via phone call today, not that it really matters, but such is the case for the national GOP - they truly hate their base voters.

I've voted for Senator Cornyn four times - 02, 08, 14, and 20, and I'm very disappointed in the gun control bill the Senate advanced last night.  It's a slow-motion surrender of the 2nd Amendment to the gun control side.
It funds red flag gun confiscation with after-the-fact due process.  It institutes a waiting period for 18-21 year old's - a waiting period which will now become the goal of gun controllers to extend to everyone.
It changes the definition of who's a gun dealer to include anyone who sells a gun for more than they paid for it.
It expands the list of prohibited persons to everyone who's had a minor misdemeanor with someone they had a relationship with - and allows courts to define that relationship as they see fit.
It does all this, and has zero pro-gun aspects.  No concealed carry reciprocity, no allowing 18-21 year old's to purchase a handgun from an FFL dealer if they pass the background check.  The gun controllers presented a list of demands, and this bill meets some of them, while getting nothing in return.
I voted for Senator Cornyn in 20, and now I'm sorry I did.  I should have voted for Mary Hegar in 20 - as least I'd know what polices I'd get from her after the election.
I've voted in every Texas election since 1994.  I will never vote for John Cornyn again, and will tell my family and friends, who look to me for political advice, not to vote for him either.
Sincerely,
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm getting annoyed with Republicans treating gun owners the same way Democrats treat black people.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#40]
And johnny Cornhole does not giveafuck about any of our opinions. He is not up for re-eleciton and will probably 'retire' before the next one.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And johnny Cornhole does not giveafuck about any of our opinions. He is not up for re-eleciton and will probably 'retire' before the next one.

View Quote

He has stated this was his last term.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#42]
All I've got back are bullshit " I'm alarmed like you" form letters. I voted against him in the primary for all the good it did.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#43]
For those who may not have seen Cornyn's return form letter on the potential legislation, here's a copy:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms policy. I appreciate your comments on this important matter.

On May 24, 2022, a gunman maliciously took the lives of 21 innocent people, including 19 children at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones. As you know, this is an incredibly difficult time for the Uvalde community, Texas, and our Nation. We are committed to coordinating with federal, state, and local officials to assist the Uvalde community as they navigate the aftermath of this tragedy.

Students and teachers deserve to feel safe inside of their schools, and parents deserve peace of mind when they send their children to school. To that end, my Senate colleagues and I have engaged in bipartisan discussions to draft mental health and school safety legislation to identify and prevent violence in our communities. It is imperative for Congress to improve the availability and accessibility of mental health services across the country, particularly within our schools, to address the root causes of mass violence. In addition, school safety measures must be bolstered to ensure schools have effective violence prevention mechanisms in place.

To be clear, we are not talking about restricting or limiting the rights of current law-abiding gun owners. We need targeted reforms to ensure existing laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who have been adjudicated as mentally ill. The Constitution guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, and I strongly oppose any effort to infringe on that right.

As this legislation begins to take shape, my goal is to reach an agreement that can earn broad bipartisan support. In the wake of the 2017 Sutherland Springs shooting, we learned that the existing background check system-the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)-did not identify that the shooter was prohibited from purchasing and possessing a firearm under federal law. As a result, I reached across the aisle and worked with my Republican colleagues to pass the bipartisan Fix NICS Act (S. 2135; 115th Congress), which was signed into law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 (P. L. 115-141). This law improves the uploading of records from local, state, and federal agencies to better identify those who are already disqualified under current law from purchasing a firearm. States and federal agencies have uploaded more than eleven million records since the bill's passage. I'm convinced that this legislation has saved lives.

Like you, I am outraged by mass shootings and the violence inflicted upon our communities. As your Senator, I am committed to focusing on the root causes of mass violence, improving the enforcement of current law, and addressing improvements to mental health care in America. I will continue to push for effective solutions that protect communities while preserving the protections and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent Texas in the United States Senate. I recognize we may have differing opinions on this important matter, but I hope you will continue to share your views with me. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN

United States Senator
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For those who may not have seen Cornyn's return form letter on the potential legislation, here's a copy:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms policy. I appreciate your comments on this important matter.

On May 24, 2022, a gunman maliciously took the lives of 21 innocent people, including 19 children at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones. As you know, this is an incredibly difficult time for the Uvalde community, Texas, and our Nation. We are committed to coordinating with federal, state, and local officials to assist the Uvalde community as they navigate the aftermath of this tragedy.

Students and teachers deserve to feel safe inside of their schools, and parents deserve peace of mind when they send their children to school. To that end, my Senate colleagues and I have engaged in bipartisan discussions to draft mental health and school safety legislation to identify and prevent violence in our communities. It is imperative for Congress to improve the availability and accessibility of mental health services across the country, particularly within our schools, to address the root causes of mass violence. In addition, school safety measures must be bolstered to ensure schools have effective violence prevention mechanisms in place.

To be clear, we are not talking about restricting or limiting the rights of current law-abiding gun owners. We need targeted reforms to ensure existing laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who have been adjudicated as mentally ill. The Constitution guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, and I strongly oppose any effort to infringe on that right.

As this legislation begins to take shape, my goal is to reach an agreement that can earn broad bipartisan support. In the wake of the 2017 Sutherland Springs shooting, we learned that the existing background check system-the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)-did not identify that the shooter was prohibited from purchasing and possessing a firearm under federal law. As a result, I reached across the aisle and worked with my Republican colleagues to pass the bipartisan Fix NICS Act (S. 2135; 115th Congress), which was signed into law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 (P. L. 115-141). This law improves the uploading of records from local, state, and federal agencies to better identify those who are already disqualified under current law from purchasing a firearm. States and federal agencies have uploaded more than eleven million records since the bill's passage. I'm convinced that this legislation has saved lives.

Like you, I am outraged by mass shootings and the violence inflicted upon our communities. As your Senator, I am committed to focusing on the root causes of mass violence, improving the enforcement of current law, and addressing improvements to mental health care in America. I will continue to push for effective solutions that protect communities while preserving the protections and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent Texas in the United States Senate. I recognize we may have differing opinions on this important matter, but I hope you will continue to share your views with me. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN

United States Senator
View Quote

Yep, that's it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep, that's it.
View Quote

I got the same BS.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep, that's it.
View Quote

Same, same.

Funny we haven't gotten a reply from Cruze, but I think I know what it would say.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
now is the time. GOA form letter

Better yet call his office.
View Quote

Yes I emailed him. Got.back a canned auto response. "Thank you for your comment".
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN

United States Senator
View Quote

Generic crap
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Generic crap
View Quote

Yep, because John Cornyn is a living, breathing piece of shit. Fuck him, he's a scumbag.Typical politician.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep, because John Cornyn is a living, breathing piece of shit. Fuck him, he's a scumbag.Typical politician.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generic crap

He's the swamp just like the rest of the swamp

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top