Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2022 12:42:34 PM EDT
The Primary runoff early voting is this week, then no voting over the weekend or Monday.  "Primary" day is the 24th.

If you didn't vote in the Primary back Feb / 1 March, you can vote in either the Democrat or Republican Primary.  But if you did, you can only vote in the same party's runoff as you did before.

Making a wild assumption that most voters here won't vote in the Communist primary, here are the three statewide Republican races, and my thoughts.

Attorney General

Ken Paxton vs. George Bush XIII.  I can't possibly vote for a Bush turd at this point, not after his grandfather and uncle both got tired and quit on the job as president.  Plus Jeb! was the designated Tomato Can / hired loser who was supposed to win the primary then lose the general to Clinton.  A tired family of quitters and weaklings.

Paxton's probably as crooked as the day is long, but fights a good fight, and I'll vote for him.

Land Commissioner

Dawn Buckingham vs. Tim Westley.  Buckingham is a sitting Texas State Senator, and did a good job helping with Constitutional Carry, smoothing things out with the fence sitters.  I don't think anyone goes into this job planning to do it to retirement (see Bush the XIII's one term here), but Buckingham would be a good pick for LT. Gov in 26, if Patrick hangs it up after this term.  

Railroad Commissioner

Wayne Christian vs. Sarah Stogner.  RR Commissioner has oversight over the oil and gas industry in Texas, as a vestige of when RR's were used to transport oil back in the Rockefeller days and from rail road companies having lots of oil leases from land for tracks deals the governments did in the 1800's.  Christian is the incumbent, Stogner is a newcomer who is a leftist on other issues like guns and abortion, and posed naked on a pump jack to obtain media interest in her campaign.  She'd be a good back stage dancer at Treasures, but I don't really want a leftist who takes her clothes off in charge of the state's hydrocarbon industry.

Two Harris County races going to runoff - County Judge, who's a county wide seat in the Harris County Commission.  It's currently occupied by Lina Hidalgo, the El Commandante, for her leftist, Columbian M19 party style leanings.

Alexandra del Moral Mealer is in a runoff with Vidal Martinez.  I'm going with Mealer.  This would be her first elected office, but she has a strong background with Army experience, and a MBA.  I think she'd match up better against Hidalgo that Martinez would.  Plus Martinez has donated to leftists in his career.  He was a Federal Prosecutor so I suppose it was pay to play, to make things happen including his nomination to prosecutor.  

In the Precinct 2, Jack Morman will face Jerry Mouton. Morman got 40% of the primary vote, and should win this time.  He was CC from 2011-2019 and just barley lost in the 18 election, which was a good year for the Democrats.  He should win in November, as unpopular as the Democrat party.  I've campaigned with Jack, and he's a genuinely good guy, with a good sense of humor about himself and politics.  I asked him how many votes he lost by and he told me to the exact number (2000 or so) to which I asked if he woke up a night with that number flashing in his head.  We had a good laugh about it, and you have to like a guy who can chuckle about losing a close race.  

Who ya all got?

Runoff's traditionally get about 10% turnout, so if you're un-lazy enough to get yourself to the polls, it's like voting for 10 people, and you don't even have to be a ballot trafficing mule to do so.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed that Ken Paxton has 99 problems, but getting my vote over Bush Jr. ain't One...  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Primary runoff early voting is this week, then no voting over the weekend or Monday.  "Primary" day is the 24th.

If you didn't vote in the Primary back Feb / 1 March, you can vote in either the Democrat or Republican Primary.  But if you did, you can only vote in the same party's runoff as you did before.

Making a wild assumption that most voters here won't vote in the Communist primary, here are the three statewide Republican races, and my thoughts.

Attorney General

Ken Paxton vs. George Bush XIII.  I can't possibly vote for a Bush turd at this point, not after his grandfather and uncle both got tired and quit on the job as president.  Plus Jeb! was the designated Tomato Can / hired loser who was supposed to win the primary then lose the general to Clinton.  A tired family of quitters and weaklings.

Paxton's probably as crooked as the day is long, but fights a good fight, and I'll vote for him.

Land Commissioner

Dawn Buckingham vs. Tim Westley.  Buckingham is a sitting Texas State Senator, and did a good job helping with Constitutional Carry, smoothing things out with the fence sitters.  I don't think anyone goes into this job planning to do it to retirement (see Bush the XIII's one term here), but Buckingham would be a good pick for LT. Gov in 26, if Patrick hangs it up after this term.  

Railroad Commissioner

Wayne Christian vs. Sarah Stogner.  RR Commissioner has oversight over the oil and gas industry in Texas, as a vestige of when RR's were used to transport oil back in the Rockefeller days and from rail road companies having lots of oil leases from land for tracks deals the governments did in the 1800's.  Christian is the incumbent, Stogner is a newcomer who is a leftist on other issues like guns and abortion, and posed naked on a pump jack to obtain media interest in her campaign.  She'd be a good back stage dancer at Treasures, but I don't really want a leftist who takes her clothes off in charge of the state's hydrocarbon industry.

Two Harris County races going to runoff - County Judge, who's a county wide seat in the Harris County Commission.  It's currently occupied by Lina Hidalgo, the El Commandante, for her leftist, Columbian M19 party style leanings.

Alexandra del Moral Mealer is in a runoff with Vidal Martinez.  I'm going with Mealer.  This would be her first elected office, but she has a strong background with Army experience, and a MBA.  I think she'd match up better against Hidalgo that Martinez would.  Plus Martinez has donated to leftists in his career.  He was a Federal Prosecutor so I suppose it was pay to play, to make things happen including his nomination to prosecutor.  

In the Precinct 2, Jack Morman will face Jerry Mouton. Morman got 40% of the primary vote, and should win this time.  He was CC from 2011-2019 and just barley lost in the 18 election, which was a good year for the Democrats.  He should win in November, as unpopular as the Democrat party.  I've campaigned with Jack, and he's a genuinely good guy, with a good sense of humor about himself and politics.  I asked him how many votes he lost by and he told me to the exact number (2000 or so) to which I asked if he woke up a night with that number flashing in his head.  We had a good laugh about it, and you have to like a guy who can chuckle about losing a close race.  

Who ya all got?

Runoff's traditionally get about 10% turnout, so if you're un-lazy enough to get yourself to the polls, it's like voting for 10 people, and you don't even have to be a ballot trafficing mule to do so.  

View Quote

Thanks for the insight. Hopefully we can rid ourselves of Dora.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I don't know - I'm struggling with the AG one. Paxton has some real corruption and ethical problems.  And his lawsuits against Biden are for-show suits, that he doesn't bother to actually expedite to actually get a decision.  Purposly done on a slow-boat drag out for headlines, not for actually achieving anything. The first item is distastful, the second item is ineffectual.

I also think Texas passing legislation to encourage citizenry bounties against other citizens is one of the most dangerous and horrible decisions I've seen done in a long time.  In this example it was for abortion, which is not what this thread is about - just the legal mechansim system is one we are going to regret introducing and having the courts already decide is legit.  Anybody who voted for that short-sighted bad idea, I won't.

As to Bush.  Holy shit, we've got the Bush family legacy of "Meh", which pretty much sums up the Bush legacy at best.  And as far as I can tell, he's the least impressive of the lot.  

So how the Hell do you pick between that?

I don't think I can vote for Paxton. I don't know if I can vote for Bush.

As to Stoeger for RRC- her flier is all negative and she doesn't really sound like a postivie can-do person, who's really going to bring about any meanful improvement in directly.  I won't be voting for her.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It's too bad that the Bush turd got into the AG race - I'd have voted for a decent conservative who didn't have Paxton's baggage (not an old tired Golmert).  Would have looked more a Guzman but with the Bush turd in the race they spilt the vote, with the turd getting lots of crossover Democrat votes (they know a quitter when they see one).

If Bush the XIII gets flushed this primary, I think that's the end of that family's hold on elected office.  Good riddance.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]
So I looked up thte Stoeger topless photo-op.  (For research purposes of course).  

You've got to be f'ing kidding me.  How am I supposed to take someone seriously for the cerebrial position of how to best manage Texas oil and gas resources for the best interest of the state and residents as a whole, when their priority and "good idea" matrix includes making a campaign event involving a topless photo-op on an oil pump-jack?  

She's very hot, that's great.  And it would appear that being hot is the attention of her thoughts and efforts.  I'm not looking to hire a LandMan to take donuts to an account and giggle at his jokes to secure work.    I'm looking to hire someone for cool level headed long-term thinking on best practices.  The fact she thought that was a good decision, isn't a great endorsement.

Frankly, I'd have a lot more respect for her and actually give her positive points if she got drunk one night and a friend takes her photo of Woooo!! flashing her tits.  That's someone I can actually humanize and respect.  But to cold-sober think that's a good decision in the middle of the day to do that?  This is one of those reminders that they don't drug-test political candidates.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Voted Collin county

Side note— the clerk, Finley, has to go.
Skipped work 6 months.
Liar
Corrupt
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#7]
paxton, dawn, christenson (sp?)
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Paxton, Buckingham, Christen (sp) all won, as did the two excellent Harris County Commission candidates of Mealer and Morman.  

In this election cycle, with Diaper Biden at approval ratings in this state below the freezing point of water, should be the usual clean sweep of statewide races, and a 2014 style bloodbath for US House and Texas Legislature seats.  Hopefully that carries down to city and county races as well.  

Harris County desperately needs to flush the 3-2 Democrat control down the crapper, and go back to 4-1 Republican control, as it had been for many years.  

As I posted elsewhere, what keeps Texas Republican at a statewide level is that the cites are not LA / Chicago style 80-20 blowouts for the Democrats.  Rural CA and IL vote Republican too, just like in Texas, but they're outvoted by the huge number of Democrat votes from the big cites.  

Gotta keep the big cites in Texas competitive, and run at least at a county wide basis by Republicans - otherwise the Democrats will use county money to increase their voting base via voting rules, outreach money, expanding the size and scope of county government, etc, to build up a permeant majority, as they've done in the big cites in other states.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attorney General

Land Commissioner

Railroad Commissioner

Who ya all got?

That's probably going to take serious work and a lot of direct personal outreach by a lot of people to get it done.  Same for Morman winning his race, especially after the recent gerrymandering.  Are you up for it?  Have you recruited anyone to help do it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top