Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2022 9:41:07 PM EDT
Less than 2 weeks to go. The forecasted highs  the next 10 days has the temp topping 107F.

Hopefully we get some relief by the 21st.

Link
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ll be there to sell heat stroke insurance and dehydrated water
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm debating whether or not to drop my M203 for that match.

It definitely slows me down and unless there's an opportunity to use it, it's just a waste of effort.

It'll be good to see ya there. I'm running both days because I hate myself. How about you guys?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm debating whether or not to drop my M203 for that match.

It definitely slows me down and unless there's an opportunity to use it, it's just a waste of effort.

It'll be good to see ya there. I'm running both days because I hate myself. How about you guys?
View Quote

I too hate myself and will be starting just after 2pm on Saturday. Bringing the camelbak for this one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm on the waitlist.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm on the waitlist.
View Quote

show up early and they'll get you out there.

They're really good about that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I know.  It's a bit of a drive for me though, plus the heat.  If I was closer I'd probably do it, or volunteer to RO.  I am signed up for the next one in Llano though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Forecasted high of 105 for Saturday. That should be fun.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Forecasted high of 105 for Saturday. That should be fun.
View Quote

Still forecasted to be 105 but now with more thunderstorms.

I'm looking forward to having a heat stroke and being washed away in a flash flood.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I might not make this one. Been sick for the last week. Still got a pretty good cough and headache.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there for the last batch of runners. Our safety brief starts at 1345. Good luck ya'll.

ETA... I'll be the guy in jeans, cowboy boots, and a pearlsnap.

@Josh; you should come participate anyway. Running is good for shaking off crud.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I might not make this one. Been sick for the last week. Still got a pretty good cough and headache.

View Quote

Change your socks, drink some water and take an ibuprofen and I'll see you tomorrow.

Hope ya feel better.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to having a heat stroke and being washed away in a flash flood.
View Quote

When the going gets tough and you're about to blackout just remember  BIG RED Ice-cream

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When the going gets tough and you're about to blackout just remember  BIG RED Ice-cream

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good call, I should have go sick too.

That was fucking brutal.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That was fucking brutal.
View Quote

Yeah; same. Looking at the facebook page, heat index was 114. The shooting stages were hilariously difficult. Look at all the DNFs on the score sheet.

I knew it was going to be a heap of trouble when stage 1 had us doing pistol 25 yard, left handed hostage shoot/noshoots.

Still; it was a rewarding experience.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah; same. Looking at the facebook page, heat index was 114. The shooting stages were hilariously difficult. Look at all the DNFs on the score sheet.

I knew it was going to be a heap of trouble when stage 1 had us doing pistol 25 yard, left handed hostage shoot/noshoots.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was fucking brutal.

It was very rewarding and eye opening. I did much better on several stages that I thought were going to kick my ass and did poorly on stages I thought I would do well on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top