Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2021 1:11:29 PM EDT
Relatively short term but the only stuff I care about.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can tell you is that they float...for a while.

A friend moved to Houston the same time as hurricane Harvey.  Her POD was floating at the storage yard.  The contents shifted a bit, but nothing was damaged and it seemed like no water had gotten in.  I know this doesn't really help you, but the mention of PODs always brings up that memory.  I hope someone will chime in and give you some actual info.

mm
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I used the U-haul equivalent to ship a bunch of tools from Baltimore to TX and had them store them for a short time.  
The first month storage was included in the base rental.  They will pickup and deliver for a fee, or you get use of a trailer that hauls one container around.

WE got a pair of containers.   The  container itself was well fairly sturdy plywood and its raised up about 6" off the ground.  Door has a big bar that really pulls it tight when you close and padlock it. The entire thing has a very heavy reinforced vinyl jacket that fits over it, with a full length Velcro closure over the top and side of the door.

Everything was high and dry when we got it back.  We had to be careful not to overload the containers.  There is a Max weight limit
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Used one to store stuff during Harvey remodel. No complaints. Worked as intended.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Do y'all think my toys would be safe(along with a bunch of reloading gear/supplies)?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
When my oldest moved here, he shopped around and found that Uhaul was more reasonable. He had one from Kalamazoo to El Paso. It was a larger one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:26:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do y'all think my toys would be safe(along with a bunch of reloading gear/supplies)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just an FYI.  Depending on circumstances i might try it.  But those circumstances would need to be such that i'd exhausted other options and was just short of desperate.

Which types of property are not covered?
The Contents Protection Option does not cover items stored in the container that are prohibited by our Rental Agreement. These items include money, jewelry, furs, firearms, computer software or programs, credit cards, and certain other invaluable and irreplaceable items.

https://www.pods.com/portable-container-sizes/cpo-faqs

I googled but couldn't find what i was certain was a current rental agreement.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn’t sweat the reloading stuff. I would not store my firearms in one. How many are we talking? No friends or family you trust to store them?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just an FYI.  Depending on circumstances i might try it.  But those circumstances would need to be such that i'd exhausted other options and was just short of desperate.

https://www.pods.com/portable-container-sizes/cpo-faqs

I googled but couldn't find what i was certain was a current rental agreement.
View Quote

It might be possible to have additional insurance on high value items through your current homeowners/renters insurance.  When we moved from an apartment to a house, Allstate insured our belongings while they were in transit and storage.  We did have to call our agent and set it up...the agent had incentive to keep a client and we had motivation due to horror stories of belongings missing upon arrival.

mm
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The weapons are not my concern as much as the supplies! I’m listing many weapons but no supplies.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top