Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2021 10:29:59 AM EDT
@Bigger_Hammer

What is the word in AUsTin?

Is Abbot going to do a Texas funded border patrol agency?
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Big Issue is what to do once they catch them.

Texas (the state) has held them for a month, and TX state law basically says arrestees need to receive a hearing before a Judge in two weeks, so a State Judge just ordered the release of about 250-ish arrested "Migrant Trespassers" who had been held 30 days without any hearings.   Catch & Release at the State Level.

The State just doesn't have the LOCAL Judicial Capacity to handle the Mass Invasion on the Border, they need Courtrooms, Judges, Clerks, Baliffs, Translators, ...  the works.

While U.S. Border Control is CLEARLY a FEDERAL Government responsibility, Texas is doing what it can with what it has within the limitations of the courts ...

Sadly, Border Security is a Joke and the Invaders have zero fear of US Law Enforcement except for the small possibility of deportation - Those "Migrants" are NOT "Refugees" (They have been in SEVERAL Countries where they could have found "sanctuary" but is ALL about Economics (3rd worlders wanting "The Good Life" provided by all sorts of "Free Stuff" provided by American Tax Payers)...

For example what Non-Citizens got for COVID relief in CA were more than what a typical Haitian earns in a year, throw in Free Food & all sorts of Medical freebies and who wouldn't want to come here?

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a lot of empty gulags in Siberia these days.  We should contract with those folks and send anyone who is caught illegally in the US over there to wait for a trial.  Say, a year or two.

We could fund this by making illegal alien's property subject to civil forfeiture.  Get caught driving in the US without a license, insurance, registration?  Car auctioned.  LE agencies and the state split the money.  You can bet if there were $$$ incentives like that, they'd start to get all the illegal drivers off the road.  And for employers -- get caught with illegals working for you...  big fines.  Didn't check ID?  double fines.  Landlords...  get caught harboring illegals?  Fines.  Asset forfeiture for repeat offenders.

No more amnesty.  Get caught here illegally and you are barred from legal immigration in the future.

Can't drive, no work, no place to live?  They will quit coming.  Ones here will leave.

I'm not against LEGAL immigration.  But people should apply, there should be high standards for who is allowed in, immigrants should be thoroughly vetted, and the standards should be applied fairly.

Some people shouldn't get favorable treatment just because they can walk over the border or hire coyotes to smuggle them in.

Things just don't work the way they are now.  The system is so swamped with illegal immigration that legal immigration is all messed up.  People who are willing to do it right are getting screwed because of the people who are cheating the system.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
We have the capacity to judicially take care of them.

Do what they do a chili fest in college Station.

If they catch underage drinkers, they throw you in a mule and take you over to the trailer were you are immediately issued a ticket. Now throw them on a 1 way flight to South America.

What's cheaper? A 747 full of illegals going to Peru or letting a 747 capacity live off the welfare system and not contribute.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd increase the fines levied on the employers of illegals to a level per person that it would disincentivize any business owner from hiring them. For those not caught there should be an end to money order remittances sent outside the U.S., or at the very least hit each transfer with an extremely onerous tax, say 50%. There are billions in taxes the Dems are leaving on the table and I see no reason why those living here illegally shouldn't have to pay up, if not sent packing to their country of origin.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't understand why the National Guard hasn't been dispatched.  I'm probably missing something...
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd increase the fines levied on the employers of illegals to a level per person that it would disincentivize any business owner from hiring them. For those not caught there should be an end to money order remittances sent outside the U.S., or at the very least hit each transfer with an extremely onerous tax, say 50%. There are billions in taxes the Dems are leaving on the table and I see no reason why those living here illegally shouldn't have to pay up, if not sent packing to their country of origin.

Edited for spelling.
View Quote

The ban on or tax of money transfers made by illegals would be a great way to get them to pay for the services they suck up here.

Frankly, all the money that gets written off in health care that illegals get here -- and they do get their care for free, regardless of the lies by libtards that they don't.  We should send a bill for all that healthcare to their country.  If that country is getting any assistance from the US, the amount should be deducted from that.  Of course we shouldn't be giving free money to these failed nations in the first place, but that's another issue.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't understand why the National Guard hasn't been dispatched.  I'm probably missing something...
View Quote

The National Guard answers to the feds.  Any forces sent need to be controlled by the state and answer to the state.  Right now I don't know that the Texas Guard (which is a different thing than the National Guard) has the manpower to do it.  But anything would be a start.  Texas Rangers, DPS, whatever we can spare.  Unfortunately I think all those agencies are understaffed and underfunded.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We have the capacity to judicially take care of them.

Do what they do a chili fest in college Station.

If they catch underage drinkers, they throw you in a mule and take you over to the trailer were you are immediately issued a ticket. Now throw them on a 1 way flight to South America.

What's cheaper? A 747 full of illegals going to Peru or letting a 747 capacity live off the welfare system and not contribute.
View Quote

How about load them all on a slow freight ship and drop them off in Antarctica.  If their government cares about them they can go down there and pick them up.  If not, then that tells you something.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't be so drastic, just charter a plane to Boston, Martha's Vineyard, Buffalo, Philadelphia, etc.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't be so drastic, just charter a plane to Boston, Martha's Vineyard, Buffalo, Philadelphia, etc.
View Quote

It's an appealing idea - But then you'd have feds charging Texas BP officers with "human trafficking".
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's an appealing idea - But then you'd have feds charging Texas BP officers with "human trafficking".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much do you think we could per head get selling all those illegals aliens???   (asking for a friend...  )

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I had this idea a while back and pitched it to some friends.

So, we tighten the border. Yuge security.

Then, we start an “American Foreign Legion.” We copy what the French do. Kind of. Our own spin on it.

Anyone can sign up (men and women). We train up this new branch hardcore like the FFL. Send them into the shit. After five years of service or if they’re wounded in combat, free citizenship for them and their immediate family.

Boom. Immigration solved. Where’s my Nobel Prize?
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are national guard on the border. Florida and South Dakota sent national guard to the border.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#14]
If Texas does follow through with the rumors of a state funded BP, I do believe I will be making a career change.

Granted they put rules in place protecting me from the federal government.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Then, we start an “American Foreign Legion.” We copy what the French do. Kind of. Our own spin on it.

Anyone can sign up (men and women). We train up this new branch hardcore like the FFL. Send them into the shit. After five years of service or if they’re wounded in combat, free citizenship for them and their immediate family.

View Quote

Concept is interesting - but the Devil is in the Details.

Roman Legionaries served 25 years to gain Citizenship & land on end of their service.

So I'd think that "Caesar's New Legions" in our current era of "Bread & Circuses"   (sorry "Pop Tarts & Televised Sports" )...

should have to do more significantly service than just 5 years (IMHO) ...

"Wounded in Combat" would have to be SIGNIFICANTLY wounded in combat.  Lost a Eye, Arm, Leg, Hand, Foot and not just twisted a ankle walking across the mess tent ...  

Are these "Foriegn Legions" going to be swabbing decks at sea or walking a fence perimeter at a AF base in North Dakota or sitting in a chair flying a drone halfway across the globe - or are you talking door smashing ass kicking up close terrorist killers??  

Where we REALLY have the need is to put them on the US borders to keep out OTHER foreigners.   But the
Problem is then very much like that of the Romans using certain Germanic Tribes as their mercenaries to fight & hold back OTHER Germanic Tribes (and we all know how THAT turned out in the end...)

Bonus Points for Originality though...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your Nobel Prize was awarded decades ago...............
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Concept is interesting - but the Devil is in the Details.

Roman Legionaries served 25 years to gain Citizenship & land on end of their service.

So I'd think that "Caesar's New Legions" in our current era of "Bread & Circuses"   (sorry "Pop Tarts & Televised Sports" )...

https://external-preview.redd.it/ryIqgZ30bpSRvyL-4M4C3ARFCxj_GrTwNQfLXujlH80.jpg?auto=webp&s=e5fa855f2334c33bed23d08b70cb77a4c04dffa3

should have to do more significantly service than just 5 years (IMHO) ...

"Wounded in Combat" would have to be SIGNIFICANTLY wounded in combat.  Lost a Eye, Arm, Leg, Hand, Foot and not just twisted a ankle walking across the mess tent ...  

Are these "Foriegn Legions" going to be swabbing decks at sea or walking a fence perimeter at a AF base in North Dakota or sitting in a chair flying a drone halfway across the globe - or are you talking door smashing ass kicking up close terrorist killers??  

Where we REALLY have the need is to put them on the US borders to keep out OTHER foreigners.   But the
Problem is then very much like that of the Romans using certain Germanic Tribes as their mercenaries to fight & hold back OTHER Germanic Tribes (and we all know how THAT turned out in the end...)

Bonus Points for Originality though...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

Doesn’t have to be a significant wound. Basically a Purple Heart.

And we would do like the French Foreign Legion does and send them to places no one else wants to go like Mali.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#18]
How did this go from protecting Texas borders to creating a French foreign legion type unit we are sending to bfe nowhere fucking close to Texas?
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Bullets prices are coming down. Just saying.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How did this go from protecting Texas borders to creating a French foreign legion type unit we are sending to bfe nowhere fucking close to Texas?
View Quote

Maybe if you read the thread in it’s entirety.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I really think we should be looking at Current Technology we could use TODAY to solve the "Alien Invasion" of our perimeters ...

"Aliens" Sentry Guns Scenes

Benefits? - Not having to give anyone US Citizenship, no Pensions or Retirement, no decades of medical care expenses,  Just some techs keeping the magazines topped up.

Place in interlocking fields of fire, and for good measure Put a few larger caliber anti-vehicle versions up on a Heliostat, and a wildcard few cruising Drones with some Hellfires & Flechette rockets and I'd bet that even Haiti would look better than trying to bust the US Border...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:38:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Maybe if you read the thread in it’s entirety.
View Quote

Reading is for faggots.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd say that you're missing the fact that the National Guard has already been deployed, for starters...
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Reading is for faggots.
View Quote

I applaud your response.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I applaud your response.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your Nobel Prize was awarded decades ago...............

Obama got it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The National Guard answers to the feds.  
View Quote

The Texas National Guard is part of the Texas Military Department. It is under the control of the governor, but can be federalized for certain things.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't see a better way to push this problem to the forefront. Might even get another supreme court case out of it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#29]
https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/19/ted-cruz-legislation-send-illegal-immigrants-marthas-vineyard-democrat-led-communities/?fbclid=IwAR32XY0hNHkUNr-0OySrxlIQuDV7o3Ah-Ev7KL7bYmfhDzXebUmWdCWlPaI

Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz introduced legislation Tuesday that would bring processing centers for illegal immigrants to places such as Martha’s Vineyard and other Democrat-led communities amid the ongoing border crisis.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#30]
^That trollin' MF'er!

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Texas National Guard is part of the Texas Military Department. It is under the control of the governor, but can be federalized for certain things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully - if you want to know who "pulls the strings", the follow "the purse strings" ...  

The Texas National Guard is funded, trained & equipped, not by the State of Texas, but by the United States Federal Government.  The TXNG (along with AirGuard) are nominally under the Control of the Governor, but if Uncle Sam decides he wants them - he gets them.

Texas does have it's own "military force" with the Texas State Guard, but that is another story...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bullets prices are coming down. Just saying.
View Quote

This..... Be a shame if they don't make it across the river and end up found a mile down stream.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Respectfully - if you want to know who "pulls the strings", the follow "the purse strings" ...  

The Texas National Guard is funded, trained & equipped, not by the State of Texas, but by the United States Federal Government.  The TXNG (along with AirGuard) are nominally under the Control of the Governor, but if Uncle Sam decides he wants them - he gets them.

Texas does have it's own "military force" with the Texas State Guard, but that is another story...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

I wouldn’t trust someone from the State Guard to walk my dog.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Feds are doing that now and one theory is they're doing illegals to the east  coast to fill low paying jobs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

It's not quite as arbitrary as it sounds. The states crave all that Federal Title 10 money for a variety of reasons, not least of which is providing plenty of opportunities for training, equipping and utilizing all those fresh-faced National Guards-Xersons who joined up for all that sweet college money.

The FEDGOV can use the NG anytime it wants, true, but a lot of us generally welcome opportunities to deploy and mobilize.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top