Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2021 10:55:32 PM EDT
I’m disappointed that he didn’t immediately announce that Texas would not force Texans to get the COVID 19 vaccination.

What’s he waiting on?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’m disappointed that he didn’t immediately announce that Texas would not force Texans to get the COVID 19 vaccination.

What’s he waiting on?
View Quote

Because maybe he is not over OSHA or Medicare so he can’t block that.  He has joined other republican states to challenge this in court.  You also need to remember a private company can do what they want and he has no say in that no matter what you think.

Also I dont believe the fed rules are in place yet so there is no “mandate” to challenge at this time.  By the way the feds are not putting in a “mandate” the way they are doing it.  It’s all BS on how and what they are doing but thats part of their plan to try and hope they can force something through or convince private companies to have their own rules.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
There is precedent set for how local and state government can handle viruses.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel like a lot of private companies are already mandating the vax. Mine is. They have a fully remote option, but I suspect that puts you on the shortlist for who gets cut.

I wrote to Abbott and expressed that he should fight any vax mandate, public or private. Normally, I'd be against that sort of thing, but these are trying times.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel like a lot of private companies are already mandating the vax. Mine is. They have a fully remote option, but I suspect that puts you on the shortlist for who gets cut.

I wrote to Abbott and expressed that he should fight any vax mandate, public or private. Normally, I'd be against that sort of thing, but these are trying times.
View Quote

So your asking the government to mandate what a private company is supposed to do like what your most likely mad that Biden is trying to do?

People you need to understand that a private company is private and they can do what they want when it comes to this like that have always had the ability to do.  

If you don’t like what your company says to do then find a new job or start your own company but don’t go around thinking that the government should have a say.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So your asking the government to mandate what a private company is supposed to do like what your most likely mad that Biden is trying to do?

People you need to understand that a private company is private and they can do what they want when it comes to this like that have always had the ability to do.  

If you don’t like what your company says to do then find a new job or start your own company but don’t go around thinking that the government should have a say.
View Quote

''''''''private-company''''''''''''' that tries to dictate my medical care?

It's time '''''''''private companies'''''''''''''''''  be mandated to pissoff when it comes to what gets injected into my bloodstream.  It has no affect on that business, or anyone else that works inside that business.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fuck any ''''''''private-company''''''''''''' that tries to dictate my medical care.

It's time '''''''''private companies'''''''''''''''''  be mandated to fuckoff when it comes to what gets injected into my bloodstream.  It has no affect on that business, or anyone else that works inside that business.
View Quote

Like I said don’t work for that type of company if you don’t like their rules.  But saying we need to mandate that companies can’t do mandates is not going to happen and is the same thing your mad about.

Companies would drop any stupid things if enough employees push back.  Example my employer tried to send some BLM crap out last year.  They got a large push back so they dropped it quick.  They received a clear msg from their staff that we are working for them because we want to provide healthcare to those that need it not to have political BS brought up as it has nothing to do with what we stand for.  We even had a survey about the COVID vaccine and it it looks like they know that the staff would not respect the idea of saying it’s required so it’s completely optional for us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Really, how much can the governor do?  As has already been noted, he's already joined with other states in opposing the Biden adminstration...  he could issue all the orders and whatnot he wants, but there isn't really much that would do to stop the feds or private companies from doing what they want.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Really, how much can the governor do?  As has already been noted, he's already joined with other states in opposing the Biden adminstration...  he could issue all the orders and whatnot he wants, but there isn't really much that would do to stop the feds or private companies from doing what they want.

View Quote

We’ll he could fly to DC and challenge Biden to a duel on the front lawn or at a minimum ring the doorbell and take off with a flaming bag of shit on the front porch .  I am thinking that is the only other thing he could do that could make people here happy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We’ll he could fly to DC and challenge Biden to a duel on the front lawn or at a minimum ring the doorbell and take off with a flaming bag of shit on the front porch .  I am thinking that is the only other thing he could do that could make people here happy.
View Quote
I like the duel idea, but can you duel with a shotgun? Knowing Joe, he would challenge Abbott to a push-up competition.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:42:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Paxton is going to file suit with a bunch of other AGs (they already sent notice to the administration), and Abbott has already banned mandates by EO for public entities in the state. He's put a permanent ban on the agenda for the next special legislative session, too.

Beyond that, the truth is that he probably can't do much on his own. There's only so much you can do with an EO.

Best case, it's killed in court.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Who had the authority to mandate meningitis vaccines for students in 2012? That wasnt federal?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Put an item on the special session agenda to make it a crime to require vaccination or proof of vaccination for access to any establishment generally open to the public, as a condition of employment, or to receive any sort of benefit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who had the authority to mandate meningitis vaccines for students in 2012? That wasnt federal?
View Quote

The state does.  The difference on that one and this one is COVID is political.  Also I am more scared of kids greeting meningitis then I am Covid.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Put an item on the special session agenda to make it a crime to require vaccination or proof of vaccination for access to any establishment generally open to the public, as a condition of employment, or to receive any sort of benefit.
View Quote

It would probably just be posturing, because he might not be able to push that kind of legislation through, and even if he could, it might not even stand up in court.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I wonder what is going to happen when the mostly conservative operators in the chemical plants and refineries in Texas are told to take a shot they dont want or to get fired.  I wonder how long it will take when the refineries are stopped or down to 10% output to cause the gas prices to be in the teens.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Private companies can not mandate that the women employees sleep with the boss, they can not mandate you must chop off your hands, nor can they demand they shove a broom stick up your ass as a condition of employment.

Government exists to secure your rights from foreign and domestic threats. We have some limited government regulation of business for a reason, to protect employees from things like black lung disease that miners used to get, to protect employees from chemical hazards, etc, because many business care more about profit than employee safety. While we are past the point were regulation goes too far, some it needed.

This isnt 1970s conservatism anymore. We are dealing with an unholy alliance of big business doing the bidding of the radical marxists.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What’s he waiting on?
View Quote

Many people dont seem to realize that Abbott is a RINO in the pocket of big business that only cares about getting reelected. He will only follow when the grass roots base prods him enough, he never leads.

This is how all but a handful of the elected statewide republicans are. They will put on a show and throw you a bone every now and then (like permit-less carry 10 years late), but otherwise they are the same as the democrats.

Abbott talks a big game, but never takes any action when an actual fight is needed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wonder what is going to happen when the mostly conservative operators in the chemical plants and refineries in Texas are told to take a shot they dont want or to get fired.  I wonder how long it will take when the refineries are stopped or down to 10% output to cause the gas prices to be in the teens.
View Quote

Many conservatives had no problem taking the vaccine as long as government does not force them to. What created a lot of the problems was high tech social media restricting information.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Many conservatives had no problem taking the vaccine as long as government does not force them to. What created a lot of the problems was high tech social media restricting information.
View Quote

I work with a lot of right wing or leaning people and none of them want or will take the shot before the announcement and definitely don't want to now.   I work with a small smoke size compared to some plants so I'm assuming others are similar.  It will be unsustainable to have these plant go down or run skeleton crews.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Originally late last year, I was wanting to see the long term data so I was going to let everyone else be the lab rats. Now that data is coming out and they are shoving it down our throat, I'm firming in the hell no camp.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Originally late last year, I was wanting to see the long term data so I was going to let everyone else be the lab rats. Now that data is coming out and they are shoving it down our throat, I'm firming in the hell no camp.
View Quote

Due to my age and health I was in the I'm going to pass on the shots club.  Now it's a hell no due to the pressure being put on it especially watching other countries in Europe and Australia.  There are people I work with that are vaccinated that said they will quit due to either principal or due to not wanting to work for 2 years straight while the company finds vaccinated people who are worth a crap and get them trained.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you will never find out the truth, the moron media and high tech assholes will never let it out, if there are any issues.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Due to my age and health I was in the I'm going to pass on the shots club.  Now it's a hell no due to the pressure being put on it especially watching other countries in Europe and Australia.  There are people I work with that are vaccinated that said they will quit due to either principal or due to not wanting to work for 2 years straight while the company finds vaccinated people who are worth a crap and get them trained.
View Quote

Same for the utility business.  Even though most of us are union and the union pushes for left wing views, the majority of us are conservatives.  My workgroup consists of 7 employees that take care of 4 counties and about 10k customers. Of the 7 of us, 2 are jabbed. The rest of us won’t be getting it and they will have to fire us if our company mandates it.  Good luck to those other 2 guys on running the whole show.  Reading on FB and talking to others I know, we are no a minority.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Same for the utility business.  Even though most of us are union and the union pushes for left wing views, the majority of us are conservatives.  My workgroup consists of 7 employees that take care of 4 counties and about 10k customers. Of the 7 of us, 2 are jabbed. The rest of us won’t be getting it and they will have to fire us if our company mandates it.  Good luck to those other 2 guys on running the whole show.  Reading on FB and talking to others I know, we are no a minority.
View Quote

I agree, I don't think people realize how disruptive things are going to get if false cards aren't accepted or they just drop the issue altogether which I don't think they are ready to do just yet.  I read somewhere that after he announced the mandate the daily Vax count actually decreased and they are having a hard time understanding why, it's almost like people don't like being forced to do things by big govt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top