Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2021 12:55:38 PM EDT
Anybody know of a Ford dealership in the DFW area that isn't charging "market adjustment" fees?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody know of a Ford dealership in the DFW area that isn't charging "market adjustment" fees?
View Quote

Grapevine Ford?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
No truck for you - we no make any microchips for round eye!
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

i'm gonna get an oil change from them so i can stroll around and take a look for yall
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

i'm gonna get an oil change from them so i can stroll around and take a look for yall
View Quote

I did this at my local dealer.  The "stroll" took about five minutes and I got a good look at all three trucks they had.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I did this at my local dealer.  The "stroll" took about five minutes and I got a good look at all three trucks they had.
View Quote

Wow!  That's a great selection!  Most of the dealerships around here appear to have no new vehicles at all on their lots.  Even slim pickings and high prices on used vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Bob Tomes in McKinney might be worth a look.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Use a car buying service from places like Sams, Costco, Truecar,  Etc ……

This will make several dealers have to find what your looking and give the price they will be willing to let it go for.  If you know what you want this will save you time as you should not need to go from dealer to dealer. Just looking to see what’s on their lots with your eyes does not tell you what they have in transit or access to.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The Ford truck situtation in Houston right now is basically order a truck, pay MSRP, and take delivery in 8 to 12 weeks.   $500 deposit required, and if you refuse to accept delivery, they can easily sell it.   Basically, no new inventory, and the used stuff with low miles is priced virtually the same as the MSRP on ordering one.  

I think I am going to wait another month or so and see what shakes out.   If that is still the deal, I'm likely ordering an F350.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Ford truck situtation in Houston right now is basically order a truck, pay MSRP, and take delivery in 8 to 12 weeks.   $500 deposit required, and if you refuse to accept delivery, they can easily sell it.   Basically, no new inventory, and the used stuff with low miles is priced virtually the same as the MSRP on ordering one.  

I think I am going to wait another month or so and see what shakes out.   If that is still the deal, I'm likely ordering an F350.  

View Quote

I was watching a video where they go over manufactures national inventory each week and they are showing that the Ford inventory is getting slightly better and their sales are starting to drop a little.  Their evaluation was that the shortage will be around for several more months but for those that can wait it out it would be best as they have built a large amount of trucks that are missing their computers.  As soon as they get caught up on their computers they will have a large amount of old inventory i.e. 2021 models for sale in 2022.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know specifically about Ford, because I'd never own one...  but just about all the dealers here in Austin are the same, except they may even want over MSRP and used trucks that are 3-4 years old with up to 100k miles on them (not what I consider low milage) are nearly the same price as sticker on a new one.  There are very few trucks on the lot at all, so they're getting what they are asking for.  A lot of the trucks actually on the lot are ones that are very undesirable, mostly 1/2 ton V6 or other turds.  No diesels of any of the big 3 or the more desirable V8 gas motors.  I know several people here who are looking or work for dealers.  I know a couple of dealers are in serious financial trouble and have laid off a lot of their employees because with no vehicles on the lot they have nothing to do and can't afford to pay them.

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was watching a video where they go over manufactures national inventory each week and they are showing that the Ford inventory is getting slightly better and their sales are starting to drop a little.  Their evaluation was that the shortage will be around for several more months but for those that can wait it out it would be best as they have built a large amount of trucks that are missing their computers.  As soon as they get caught up on their computers they will have a large amount of old inventory i.e. 2021 models for sale in 2022.
View Quote

Demand is down mostly because a lot of buyers have given up and have decided just to wait until the shortage clears up.  Same with all the big 3 and Toyota.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had good dealings with Five Star Ford of Dallas (off 190). I've got a bronco on order with them with a no ADM guarantee.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't think I would want a 'new' truck that was built sans a chip or two, that sat for months outside, with rodents chewing on the wiring, etc, while waiting for those chips to be installed to then be shipped to a dealer.

Or, sitting on the dealers lot waiting for chips to be installed.

Then again, probably not much choice in the matter.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Five Star Ford in NRH does not have market adjustment and they seem to have tons of trucks available. I asked the dealer if they were missing chips and he said they were ready to go. They had a few hybrid F150's as well which I hate to admit seem awesome.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Do not go near Autonation Ford.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Five Star Ford in NRH does not have market adjustment and they seem to have tons of trucks available. I asked the dealer if they were missing chips and he said they were ready to go. They had a few hybrid F150's as well which I hate to admit seem awesome.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/162868/1EC9338B-1C79-431E-A04E-8CB15F895E1E_jpe-2103261.JPG
View Quote

I was just there about a week before your post.   they had half that number.  

Progress!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will never step foot on another Auto Nation lot.  I've never bought a vehicle from them.  Had 3 bad experiences.  Very aggressive and horrible sales practices.  Three strikes, they're out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I will never step foot on another Auto Nation lot.  I've never bought a vehicle from them.  Had 3 bad experiences.  Very aggressive and horrible sales practices.  Three strikes, they're out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen to that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Google a radio show called carprousa, or the car pro.  He claims his dealers are sellling at decent rates. i have not looked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top