User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Venue looks awesome. Count me in!
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there! Hopefully no 800 yard targets.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m looking into this.

@Lug1
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone see the round count? I pretty much looked over every page

I did see that they recommended carrying 200-300% of the recommended round count.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The urban environment sounds interesting.  Have there been others in this type setting?  I'm trying to get my shooting buddy to go, this would be the first type event for both of us.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
This would cut into my hunting time... But maybe
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The urban environment sounds interesting.  Have there been others in this type setting?  I'm trying to get my shooting buddy to go, this would be the first type event for both of us.
View Quote

Not that I've done. I'm excited about it as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I see a favorite sponsor is there. BRCC.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Me and my buddy just signed up for the Sunday 5k.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Signed up for Sunday
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool.  My buddies BIL signed up as well, so we're a group of three now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the heads up. Signed up for Saturday. Haven’t been able to run one of these for a couple years.

Be fun to try a new one.

If anyone finds a round count/stage description please post.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#14]
These guys put one on this past weekend in Llano. Kicked my butt. I need some practice between now and December...
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Kicked your butt shooting?  distance? obstacles?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Old Eighteen Defense run and guns generally use the "terrain is an obstacle" mentality.  I've yet to actually see a man made obstacle at one of their matches. That being said, they like hills and water a lot.

Bandera was fucking awful with the hills. Llano's match had about a mile of sandy creek bed that you ran down with big ass rocks scattered about down the length of it.. then a pretty good sized jaunt down into a gully and back out of said gully before flattening out for the last mile or so of the course.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
The terrain in Llano wasn't as bad as some other events, but then the temptation was there to try to run faster. I didn't go too crazy but got gassed a few times. Enough so that I felt like I had advanced Parkinson's during the one-handed pistol stuff. Couldn't get that dot to settle down.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Old Eighteen Defense run and guns generally use the "terrain is an obstacle" mentality.  I've yet to actually see a man made obstacle at one of their matches. That being said, they like hills and water a lot.

View Quote

Yeah, I noticed that as I've researched the different RNG's.  I even scouted the match in December on google to see if there was any natural water or standing water on the property.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Starting to see some classes sold out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
@JASIRR

Did you get my reply IM? I don't see it in my Sent folder.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
These guys put one on this past weekend in Llano. Kicked my butt. I need some practice between now and December...
View Quote
Me and some of my friends were there for the 5k and had a blast. I always recommend the Sunday 5k for new folks to get a feel for things. One of my friend's 16 year old son ran with us too. Ahh, youth. I remember when I was able to do things like this without needing a day to recover.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bandera was fucking awful with the hills. Llano's match had about a mile of sandy creek bed that you ran down with big ass rocks scattered about down the length of it.. then a pretty good sized jaunt down into a gully and back out of said gully before flattening out for the last mile or so of the course.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bandera was an asskicker, Llano wasn't too bad. The damn VTAC board on Stage 1 on Sunday gave me my only DNF.

ETS: Here's a pretty good terrain shot of what @joshdb50 is describing.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@JASIRR

Did you get my reply IM? I don't see it in my Sent folder.
View Quote

@96Ag

Nope, sure didn't.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the pics.  My shooting partner spread the word at work and has two like minded individuals going as well.  They will be in the 8am10am slot.  I just got back from my run, can't wait for this cool front to get here.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@96Ag

Nope, sure didn't.
View Quote
Dang it!

Okay, based on your PM, I think you are doing a good job preparing. It's about 3.5 miles over varied terrain and I consider it a 5k mosey and gun. Two of the folks in my pic above, father and son on the left did run most of the course. Me in the center and my two friends on the right of the pic did a brisk walk. The father and son team didn't pass us because you get held up at the stages, they account for the wait time so it doesn't affect your score, so if you want to run, go for it! The max in between stages is probably about a kilometer.

You can see how we're geared up, nothing too complicated, the Father/Son team ran with belts and backpacks and just reloaded their pouches in between stages in case they needed them. I, and my other buddies ran with chest rigs along with belts. For me it's about testing my gear more than winning and getting comfortable in it. I'm not quite at the point I want to do it in a plate carrier (some people do), but I'm getting there.

I am using my Sig P320 with a PMM comp and a Swampfox Justice red-dot sight on it for pistol. I carry it in a 6390RDS because I like having the ALS to hold it in. Side note, no soft holsters allowed. I recommend active retention but I see lots of guys with straight kydex too, so that may just be me being a belts and suspenders kind of guy. I used my SBR that I assembled with a 12.5" barrel and a Primary Arms 5x prism with the Aurora reticle. First time using it was at Llano and I love the Aurora reticle, I think I have found my optic for these things.

You will have a blast. Don't get discouraged on the course if you get a DNF (Did Not Finish) I haven't completed a race yet without at least one, that's my main goal (no DNFs) but there's always a stage that is just one damn shot away. At least at the last two races. One. Damn. Shot.

Hopefully @joshdb50 will chime in with any other observations that he has.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Another note, you will start every stage with an unloaded rifle. So, if in the heat of the moment you load from your speed reload pouch and then need a reload you will be unpleasantly surprised. Ask me how I know.

Might be worth a few practice reps to figure out how you want to address it.

We did a couple of stages with a cold pistol as well, which was new for me, but actually easier for me to access one of the 30rd ETS magazines on my chest to get the stage started, and then I didn't need a reload. I'll see if I can load up a stage video that my friends took.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Also, this deserves its own post...

Tell them it's your first time!

The ROs will coach you a bit and take some time to help you understand the course of fire. Ask questions if you are unsure of something. But make sure that you tell them you're a newbie and they will welcome you and give you more help than they will someone like me who has done 3 of their events, though they still help when I ask.

Also, use stuff to brace your rifle/pistol if you can. They'll tell you if you can't.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, I haven't really every bothered to prep for these things. The first time I ran one was after a 6 year hiatus from doing cardio. It was rough and I still finished middle of the pack on that match.

Most of that was my shooting.

That being said, run, run, run. Then find some hills to run up and down. Running on bleachers is a good way to prep too. The simplest things though will help you the most. Eat right, hydrate prior to the match, etc. I dropped booze back in June, and my run time dramatically improved. My cardio is way up after just dropping that...and the booze budget got grabbed up by the ammo budget. I don't imagine the december match will have any obstacles to clear if the past Old Eighteen Defense matches are any indication. If you do a Waco Tactical match though... practice rope climbing and negotiating 8 foot walls.

I started doing these things with a chest rig and warbelt. Have done em in a plate carrier. I am now getting brave and running with just my warbelt, 3 combo rifle/pistol taco pouches, a Dara duty holster, and a dump pouch. I ran Bandera and Stillwater like that. Ate two DNF's at the end of each on account of running dry on rifle ammo for Bandera and pistol ammo at Stillwater.

There's now an GP pouch on my warbelt that will have loose rifle and pistol ammo to reload mags from as I go.

I encourage you to use a padded sling. I run with my M4gery/M203 and it weighs in at around 14lbs. Pistol that I use is a stock G34 with a RMR on it. If you run an RMR, try to ensure that you have suppressor height sights. I had the mounting plate come loose and didn't notice it until the night prior to the Stillwater match. That ended up costing me dearly towards the end. I'll be dropping the M203 this month at the 5k in Crawford with Waco Tactical Fitness's match. So we'll see how that goes.

As far as distances go, I think the farthest was .. a shy bit over 600 meters or so at Bandera. WTF has targets out to 500 or so. So plan for that and don't be a moron like me and shoot these things with M193. Get some decent ammo. lol.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dang it!

Okay, based on your PM, I think you are doing a good job preparing. It's about 3.5 miles over varied terrain and I consider it a 5k mosey and gun. Two of the folks in my pic above, father and son on the left did run most of the course. Me in the center and my two friends on the right of the pic did a brisk walk. The father and son team didn't pass us because you get held up at the stages, they account for the wait time so it doesn't affect your score, so if you want to run, go for it! The max in between stages is probably about a kilometer.

You can see how we're geared up, nothing too complicated, the Father/Son team ran with belts and backpacks and just reloaded their pouches in between stages in case they needed them. I, and my other buddies ran with chest rigs along with belts. For me it's about testing my gear more than winning and getting comfortable in it. I'm not quite at the point I want to do it in a plate carrier (some people do), but I'm getting there.

I am using my Sig P320 with a PMM comp and a Swampfox Justice red-dot sight on it for pistol. I carry it in a 6390RDS because I like having the ALS to hold it in. Side note, no soft holsters allowed. I recommend active retention but I see lots of guys with straight kydex too, so that may just be me being a belts and suspenders kind of guy. I used my SBR that I assembled with a 12.5" barrel and a Primary Arms 5x prism with the Aurora reticle. First time using it was at Llano and I love the Aurora reticle, I think I have found my optic for these things.

You will have a blast. Don't get discouraged on the course if you get a DNF (Did Not Finish) I haven't completed a race yet without at least one, that's my main goal (no DNFs) but there's always a stage that is just one damn shot away. At least at the last two races. One. Damn. Shot.

Hopefully @joshdb50 will chime in with any other observations that he has.
View Quote

I'll be running a 14.5 w/T31 ACSS Aurora w/RMR on top.  Got everything confirmed out to 500 a couple of weekends ago.  Also running a P320 w/RMR in a 6390RDS.  I'll have my typical battle belt and a Haley D3CR and Flatpack.  My goal is to test gear and myself and run clean (No DNF) on the shooting.  

Quoted:
Another note, you will start every stage with an unloaded rifle. So, if in the heat of the moment you load from your speed reload pouch and then need a reload you will be unpleasantly surprised. Ask me how I know.

Might be worth a few practice reps to figure out how you want to address it.

We did a couple of stages with a cold pistol as well, which was new for me, but actually easier for me to access one of the 30rd ETS magazines on my chest to get the stage started, and then I didn't need a reload. I'll see if I can load up a stage video that my friends took.
View Quote

I'm planning to fill my belt off my rig.  I was planning on reloading and topping off mags while walking from one stage to another.  One thing I noticed watching the vids is there's a ton of people that don't know the proper way to load a rifle.  Stress is a factor of course, but I've seen so many "Load and make ready"...   BANG!...   "CLICK"  Tap/Rack  BANG!...  "CLICK".

Quoted:
Also, this deserves its own post...

Tell them it's your first time!

The ROs will coach you a bit and take some time to help you understand the course of fire. Ask questions if you are unsure of something. But make sure that you tell them you're a newbie and they will welcome you and give you more help than they will someone like me who has done 3 of their events, though they still help when I ask.

Also, use stuff to brace your rifle/pistol if you can. They'll tell you if you can't.
View Quote

Great tips, thanks a ton!
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yeah, I haven't really every bothered to prep for these things. The first time I ran one was after a 6 year hiatus from doing cardio. It was rough and I still finished middle of the pack on that match.

That being said, run, run, run. Then find some hills to run up and down. Running on bleachers is a good way to prep too. The simplest things though will help you the most. Eat right, hydrate prior to the match, etc. I dropped booze back in June, and my run time dramatically improved. My cardio is way up after just dropping that...and the booze budget got grabbed up by the ammo budget. I don't imagine the december match will have any obstacles to clear if the past Old Eighteen Defense matches are any indication. If you do a Waco Tactical match though... practice rope climbing and negotiating 8 foot walls.

I started doing these things with a chest rig and warbelt. Have done em in a plate carrier. I am now getting brave and running with just my warbelt, 3 combo rifle/pistol taco pouches, a Dara duty holster, and a dump pouch. I ran Bandera and Stillwater like that. Ate two DNF's at the end of each on account of running dry on rifle ammo for Bandera and pistol ammo at Stillwater.

There's now an GP pouch on my warbelt that will have loose rifle and pistol ammo to reload mags from as I go.

I encourage you to use a padded sling. I run with my M4gery/M203 and it weighs in at around 14lbs. Pistol that I use is a stock G34 with a RMR on it. If you run an RMR, try to ensure that you have suppressor height sights. I had the mounting plate come loose and didn't notice it until the night prior to the Stillwater match. That ended up costing me dearly towards the end. I'll be dropping the M203 this month at the 5k in Crawford with Waco Tactical Fitness's match. So we'll see how that goes.

As far as distances go, I think the farthest was .. a shy bit over 600 meters or so at Bandera. WTF has targets out to 500 or so. So plan for that and don't be a moron like me and shoot these things with M193. Get some decent ammo. lol.

View Quote

Too late, already sighted in with M193. Held a 2.02 MOA 5 shot group at 500 yards.  Not bad but it won't do much better than that.  I have thought about carrying loose ammo and reloading as I went.  For my first I'll probably bring plenty loaded mags.

Good tip on the padded sling.  This past weekend I was at a private range and I geared up with my rifle slung, ran from the back of the property to the front, then back to the bay and ran pistol drills.  That as a good eye opener.  I wasn't going to bring water, but I decided to anyway.

I'm running/walking 3.5-4 miles three times a week around a lake near my house.  This trail includes 4 offshoots that go up the earthen side of a dam, so it's a great hill practice.

Thanks again for the tips.  December will be here before we know it.

Oh, I have noticed the differences between the groups that put these together.  WTF seems geared way more towards fitness, and me being in my 40's and not in the best shape, takes those matches out of consideration.  Like those Tactical Skirmishes, those are like crossfit with a little bit of shooting, no thanks.

I'm interested in testing my equipment and myself in close to real world scenarios and conditions.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
M193 is fine, I was able to hit at 425 at the Buffalo in February with 193 and a 10.5" gun.

When it comes to Waco I have yet to make it to the top of that damn shipping container using the rope, which means that terrible tire crawl. I have been so gassed by that stage on the 10k and I just can't get my feet on the knots, I'm working on it for the Spring run, I really want to ride the zipline. I need to do the 5k instead of the 10k at Waco. Walking through the creek sucks.

On loading loose ammo into magazines, that is something that I have had mentioned a few times. I don't recommend it based on one of our guy's experience. He was pissed the whole time trying to stuff bullets into magazines on the run. I stuck extras into the Camelback and then just staged new magazines into the chest rig/belt as needed. Just my experience watching a friend stuggle and not really shave a bunch of weight doing it.

Okay, here is Stage 5 of the Stillwaters RnG 5k, don't laugh:

OE Defense Stillwater RnG Stage 5, 5K

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Ha. That's awesome.  How far out were the longer steel shots?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
M193 is fine, I was able to hit at 425 at the Buffalo in February with 193 and a 10.5" gun.

When it comes to Waco I have yet to make it to the top of that damn shipping container using the rope, which means that terrible tire crawl. I have been so gassed by that stage on the 10k and I just can't get my feet on the knots, I'm working on it for the Spring run, I really want to ride the zipline. I need to do the 5k instead of the 10k at Waco. Walking through the creek sucks.

On loading loose ammo into magazines, that is something that I have had mentioned a few times. I don't recommend it based on one of our guy's experience. He was pissed the whole time trying to stuff bullets into magazines on the run. I stuck extras into the Camelback and then just staged new magazines into the chest rig/belt as needed. Just my experience watching a friend stuggle and not really shave a bunch of weight doing it.

Okay, here is Stage 5 of the Stillwaters RnG 5k, don't laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUkXxzBpNrI
View Quote

That’s awesome. I’m signed up for my 2nd ever RnG for WTF in 2 weeks. I’m a masochist and signed up for the 10K. The first time I did it (Oct 2018), it had rained quite a bit and turned the whole course into a slogging mud pit. It was brutal for a mid-50’s first-time newbie like me.

I agree with the advice on loose ammo. My first time, I had a bunch of loose ammo in my backpack, and it slowed me down as I fumbled around trying to reload my mags. This time I’m bringing more loaded mags and hope I don’t run out.

As for a sling, it’s all personal preference, but my Blue Force Gear adjustable sling did not fare well after its cotton webbing got wet and full of mud. The adjustable slide became extremely difficult to move. I now have a nylon VTAC adjustable sling that I hope will do better in wet, muddy conditions. I like to be able to cinch it down tight for all the hands-free climbing obstacles.

Also, I ran a cheap backpack my first time in which the sling kept getting caught on when trying to switch the rifle front to back and vice-versa. This time I plan to run a chest rig with just a camelback pack. It doesn’t seem to get caught on it as much when I practice with that combo. Just thought I’d mention that as something to watch out for when planning your gear.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I've done the chest rig/camel back combo. The rifle catching on the damned thing annoyed me. Then I would finish with half my mags untouched. So I was carrying lots of dead weight. Of course, the second I drop all that shit, throw another pistol/rifle mag taco pouch on my warbelt and start running with just the warbelt, I start shooting like ray charles.

I have a general purpose pouch on my warbelt now, so hopefully I will find it less annoying while I'm moving or waiting for a stage to clear than eating a DNF. Plus less weight then extra mags. lol. of course, I may just end up throwing two extra pistol mags in that fucker and several loose rifle rounds.

As a matter of fact... I'm gonna see how much bullshit I can shove in that thing right now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, solves that issue.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#36]
That's awesome. I am not emotionally prepared to not have enough ammo yet. I have finished every race with at least a few shots left and each race I finish with more than the last one. But, it's kind of like a security blanket.

Besides, the dangler on the chest rig keep my dunlap from showing as much in pictures.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#37]
That dump pouch looks like a really good idea. Let us know how it works for you.

I also ran a used High Speed Gear “battle belt” in my first RnG in which I hung some extra mags, but I didn’t like it. No matter how much I tightened it, it kept sagging, and in turn it kept pushing my pant waist down while trying to jog through the course. I see lots of folks run with them, though, so I may have been doing something wrong. I definitely should’ve practiced with that setup before trying it cold like that, but live and learn.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That dump pouch looks like a really good idea. Let us know how it works for you.

I also ran a used High Speed Gear “battle belt” in my first RnG in which I hung some extra mags, but I didn’t like it. No matter how much I tightened it, it kept sagging, and in turn it kept pushing my pant waist down while trying to jog through the course. I see lots of folks run with them, though, so I may have been doing something wrong. I definitely should’ve practiced with that setup before trying it cold like that, but live and learn.
View Quote

When I sighted in my rifle a couple of weekends ago it was stupid hot.  I was shooting prone, so lots of up/down as well as walking out 200 yards (uphill both ways) to check the target. I sweated through all my clothes and I was constantly pulling up my pants and battle belt.  After just a few times up/down I was sick of pulling up my pants.  When I got back home I started the search for suspenders and settled on the VTAC ones.  I got everything setup and hit the range last weekend, lots of running back and forth and doing drills.  It was a night and day difference.

My original belt I still run is a HSGI Laser-Slim, but for the run n gun I'm going to use a two piece G-Code.  The suspenders with the two piece belt worked perfectly.  I'm not 100% sure as I haven't run it yet but I think the suspenders with the HSGI belt won't be as good keeping my pants up but I need to run it and see.

Getting old(er) sucks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When I sighted in my rifle a couple of weekends ago it was stupid hot.  I was shooting prone, so lots of up/down as well as walking out 200 yards (uphill both ways) to check the target. I sweated through all my clothes and I was constantly pulling up my pants and battle belt.  After just a few times up/down I was sick of pulling up my pants.  When I got back home I started the search for suspenders and settled on the VTAC ones.  I got everything setup and hit the range last weekend, lots of running back and forth and doing drills.  It was a night and day difference.

My original belt I still run is a HSGI Laser-Slim, but for the run n gun I'm going to use a two piece G-Code.  The suspenders with the two piece belt worked perfectly.  I'm not 100% sure as I haven't run it yet but I think the suspenders with the HSGI belt won't be as good keeping my pants up but I need to run it and see.

Getting old(er) sucks.
View Quote

Excellent idea with suspenders. My HSGI belt doesn’t have suspender tabs, but I suppose something could be rigged up  with the molle slots.

And yeah, getting old sucks. I’m only 55. So not too old yet, but my knees and hips start hurting around the 4 to 5 mile mark, and that’s while doing a slow “old man” jog. Life’s short, though. May as well do something physically fun and challenging like this while I still can.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Those VTAC suspenders come with a velcro'd loop and tab that goes around a belt, or you can buy the "T" that works with molle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#41]
I can’t find a single mention on the website of the round count…

If someone knows, please post it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

They usually don’t provide the round count until a week or two before the event.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I emailed OEDefense about a month ago with a few questions since this is my first RNG.  She answered my questions and said they would be sending out an email with all the details, but didn't say when that would be.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Genenerally pretty safe to assume you will want to carry at least 120 rounds each of rifle and pistol. Then fine-tune as info is made available.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I can't find a single mention on the website of the round count

View Quote
The 5k pics and video above had a 40 and 40 round count. I carried 5 AR magazines, 3-20 round and 2-30 round Sig mags.

I also had an extra AR magazine and 2-20 round Sig mags in the back pack. My excuse was that my buddy was on his first run and I packed some extra for him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Giggity! A new event has been posted.

Farrell Run and Gun

Thank you to @74novaman who is already signed up for the 10k for the heads up. I really want to go to the RWR but family plans may interfere so I'm glad they are already opening up another event. I need to check with my scheduler to see if we have any plans.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Giggity! A new event has been posted.

Farrell Run and Gun

Thank you to @74novaman who is already signed up for the 10k for the heads up. I really want to go to the RWR but family plans may interfere so I'm glad they are already opening up another event. I need to check with my scheduler to see if we have any plans.
View Quote

I posted a separate thread about this one. I'm excited for the Farrell one. It'll be close enough that I can sleep in a little before driving up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I posted a separate thread about this one. I'm excited for the Farrell one. It'll be close enough that I can sleep in a little before driving up.
View Quote

Me too, its about an hour from me and will be my first one.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Aside from soft holsters, is there any other gear that is prohibited?  Bipods?  SERPA holsters?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Aside from soft holsters, is there any other gear that is prohibited?  Bipods?  SERPA holsters?
View Quote

Just max calibers of. 308 and. 45 I believe. No full auto. Also, I've inquired multiple times, 40mm munitions are also not permitted.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top