Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2021 1:17:42 PM EDT
Headed down for dove hunting, haven’t been since 2018.  Going with friends/family.  How’s the border situation with illegal immigration in that area.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Was down on the border a few weeks ago, not real bad, but stay armed and aware.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You absolutely must hunt within sight of your vehicle at all times. It'll disappear on you. Also, carrying some buckshot is warranted. Texas laws on carrying a sidearm while hunting are awkward and hard to understand. Not sure what is allowed.

Main thing is hunt within sight of your vehicle. The border is wide open and lawless right now.  I think you'd be ok in a group of hunters.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  I’ll have my sidearm with me and my vehicle will be right beside me
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Headed down for dove hunting, haven’t been since 2018.  Going with friends/family.  How’s the border situation with illegal immigration in that area.
View Quote

Do you have a South Carolina carry permit? If so you are good to go to open carry or even concealed. If after 9/1 Constitutional Carry goes into effect.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have a South Carolina carry permit? If so you are good to go to open carry or even concealed. If after 9/1 Constitutional Carry goes into effect.
View Quote

Yes as well as LEOSA
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll be just fine.

I have a family ranch down in the general RVG area. Basically if you leave them alone they'll leave you alone. I've never had an issue. Always carry my carbine with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top