Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2021 11:55:38 AM EDT
Hey y'all..  would anyone be interested in a meetup somewhere between Waco and Round Rock?  Instead of rucking 45+lbs, it'd be nice to have a casual get-together.  Also, it'd be really cool to meet some other ladies.  This weekend is not ideal, but I think next weekend should be much better for us.  Any takers?  Suggestions?  Discuss.  :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to go to the meet ups like 12 or 15 years ago.  I haven't heard of any around in a long time.  Not sure my wife would be up to going or not, she went to a few back in the day.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
We would!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I would be up for it
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We would!
View Quote

I like to party!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
But I've already met you.

I don't think I have anything going on....
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be in Austin that weekend, but it's my daughter's birthday, so I must politely decline.  I'll look forward to another time!  Hope you all have a great time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Not opposed depending on date. I do have to go square away some deer feeders this weekend. Can bring the wife and wee one's.

Also.. I'm hurt that you don't enjoy carrying 45lbs of nonsense for a few miles lol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#9]
We met up at Dalia Cafe in Liberty Hill a few years back. That was nice. Wife and I may be down.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, I hadn't looked in here in a few days cause I wasn't feelin' the love, but there are responses now.  Woohoo!!!  Ok, there's some interest.. we can work with that.  This weekend isn't looking favorable right now.. plus it would be short notice since we haven't decided on deets.  What sounds fun to get together and do?  It's kinda hot yet to plan outdoor activities, shall we get together and eat in somewhere?  If so, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey, I hadn't looked in here in a few days cause I wasn't feelin' the love, but there are responses now.  Woohoo!!!  Ok, there's some interest.. we can work with that.  This weekend isn't looking favorable right now.. plus it would be short notice since we haven't decided on deets.  What sounds fun to get together and do?  It's kinda hot yet to plan outdoor activities, shall we get together and eat in somewhere?  If so, any suggestions?
View Quote

No suggestions because I eat at home 99% of the time, but we will be unavailable next weekend, but free the weekend of the 13-15th.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess more than anything it depends on where everyone is coming from.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:05:55 AM EDT
[#13]
When I posted this, I didn't realized we'd be having a visitor for as long as we are.  Also, we have some maintenance stuff going on.  We'll try to nail down a weekend that works for as many people as possible.  What kind of food sounds good??  I saw someone mention Dalia Cafe.

I think this might be kind of fun for Fall/ Halloween: https://www.kingslandgrandcentral.com/  However, I've never been there.  I also think a float or kayak trip would be a good time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I just moved to San Antonio from Seattle.

Would love to meet some local people.

I Helped setup one of those 45lb rucking chapters back in Seattle.  Would prefer not to do that in 90-100 degree weather… but I’m not 100% opposed to it either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#15]
How about a .303brit/7.62X54R meet?  I have a Vickers but no land, and not enough ammo to break this thing in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When I posted this, I didn't realized we'd be having a visitor for as long as we are.  Also, we have some maintenance stuff going on.  We'll try to nail down a weekend that works for as many people as possible.  What kind of food sounds good??  I saw someone mention Dalia Cafe.

I think this might be kind of fun for Fall/ Halloween: https://www.kingslandgrandcentral.com/  However, I've never been there.  I also think a float or kayak trip would be a good time.
View Quote

If I recall correctly, an Arfcommer lived in that house during his childhood, when it was in Round Rock.

I'm very familiar with the area it is located in currently, Burnet/Llano Counties are my old stomping grounds.

Food is pretty good there, but the portions are kinda on the small side.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I’d love to attend another meetup as it’s been some years since the last one I attended! Bonus if it’s at Dalias since I’m 5 minutes from there ??
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How about a .303brit/7.62X54R meet?  I have a Vickers but no land, and not enough ammo to break this thing in.
View Quote

A Vickers you say?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Hello...

I can host a meet and greet at our business.
www.urbandefenseacademy.com

We can even do some kind of indoor training for those interested...

We can simply have food brought in from our local "Texas Tacos"... here in Liberty Hill. https://www.texastacokitchen.com

Once we know how many are "in" we can order buffet style to accommodate that many.

It would simplify the issue of finding a spot that can cater to a larger group.

Also, if the OP and you all are up to having it hosted here at my place, Sunday's would be best...
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#20]
It's time to start planning the fall Cheesecake anyway,  I'll get something rolling here soon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Bumping this thread
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd be down for that in a couple of months. We are moving to the Waco/Mexia  area.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#23]
That would be a fun Sunday.

I’m 22 miles away from liberty hill
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If I recall correctly, an Arfcommer lived in that house during his childhood, when it was in Round Rock.

I'm very familiar with the area it is located in currently, Burnet/Llano Counties are my old stomping grounds.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LeatherfaceY2K  he done got himself banned for something or another
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's time to start planning the fall Cheesecake anyway,  I'll get something rolling here soon.
View Quote

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hello...

I can host a meet and greet at our business.
www.urbandefenseacademy.com

We can even do some kind of indoor training for those interested...

We can simply have food brought in from our local "Texas Tacos"... here in Liberty Hill. https://www.texastacokitchen.com

Once we know how many are "in" we can order buffet style to accommodate that many.

It would simplify the issue of finding a spot that can cater to a larger group.

Also, if the OP and you all are up to having it hosted here at my place, Sunday's would be best...
View Quote

That is a VERY kind offer Sir!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Wife and I will be dining at Dalia’s Cafe Saturday evening if anyone else plans on being there let me know and say hello or join us for a drink.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wife and I will be dining at Dalia’s Cafe Saturday evening if anyone else plans on being there let me know and say hello or join us for a drink.
View Quote

Would join in but I'll be at the UT game.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the price of tickets for Saturdays game we could do a meet up there.

I bought 4 tickets for less than $65., granted I'll probably get altitude sickness getting to the seats.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll be hosting a small get together just south of Smithville. It is a primitive camping site on my dad's land. We do have access to water.

I usually set up a steel target range out to 150m. We're able to shoot using night vision also.

I'll be offering some night vision training and familiarization. The training offered is movement to an objective with AND without using NODs. Will also do some basic shotting drills, passive and with IR laser.

The dates I have planned are October 4-7.

If anyone is interested let me know by IM or email.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 1:11:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wish I would've seen this post earlier. Dahlia's Cafe is a favorite of ours.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ll be going out again next weekend if it’s nice weather.  Let me know if you want to have a drink.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just don't forget about us waaay down south.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#35]
It’s getting cool enough to hike again!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top