Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2021 5:44:11 PM EDT
Topo Chico is a Woka Cola product and this off the menu. Anyone know of a satisfactory alternative?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Pellegrino?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Jarritos has the same thing.  Cheaper too
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
HEB 1877 brand water.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Or just drink Topo. It’s delicious, who cares.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jarritos has the same thing.  Cheaper too
View Quote

Also another brand called Polar
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks to everyone for the help except this guy who is apparently cool with funding advocacy for widespread mail in voting and vote harvesting and all other means of enabling voter fraud. I'll be heading to HEB to look at some of these alternatives.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Managua or whatever its called, I think its the Jarritos product
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
HEB 1877 brand water.
View Quote

H-E-B is super woke these days too, so not sure if that is a win.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks to everyone for the help except this guy who is apparently cool with funding advocacy for widespread mail in voting and vote harvesting and all other means of enabling voter fraud. I'll be heading to HEB to look at some of these alternatives.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with Joethe33.....Topo is delicious, especially the Twist of Lime. So is Coca Cola.

What's really cool is starting a thread using a computer with Apple or Microsoft products, both of whom are long time "woke" companies and anti Second Amendment as well.

See the hypocrisy?

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Tap water works, not being a shit head either.
i hate buying bottled water, but when i do, it usually spring fed stuff.  Is Ozarka woke yet?

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm with Joethe33.....Topo is delicious, especially the Twist of Lime. So is Coca Cola.

What's really cool is starting a thread using a computer with Apple or Microsoft products, both of whom are long time "woke" companies and anti Second Amendment as well.

See the hypocrisy?

View Quote
Im in for cave dweller community, and make smoke signals.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]
OP.........get one of these and make your own.
Consumer Reports says the Sodastream Fizzy will save you $$$.

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

See the hypocrisy?

View Quote

No Apple or Microsoft products in use for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I tried Topo and a couple of others trying to cut calories and sugar from my diet. As good as they sounded, as cool and energetic as the packaging looked, it just wasn't for me.

When it got down to it, I'd rather just drink a bottle of cold water than the sugarless carbonated stuff. Politics didn't even factor into it.

I guess it was like agreeing to get married to a chick who'd only have sex with you once a month and only under certain circumstances. You quickly realize you don't want to be in that relationship at all.

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some people here are still watching the NFL and NBA too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Exactly. On his high horse about woke companies. Meanwhile, his phone, watch, internet, computer, food, clothes, are all probably woke.

Instead of being a fudd just enjoy the woke water. It’s really good. Especially the lime one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
HEB 1877 brand water.
View Quote

This. Actually a better alternative.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, his phone, watch, internet, computer, food, clothes, are all probably woke.
View Quote

I've never understood this line of reasoning.

Even if you can't boycott every single "woke" company on the planet, how does that make boycotting some of them a futile gesture?

Why must a boycott be 100.000% universal in order to have some effect?

If I boycott Coca Cola, does the fact that I still buy Levis jeans somehow prevent Coca Cola from feeling the effects of my boycott?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No Apple or Microsoft products in use for me.
View Quote

So then Google...
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Even if you can't boycott every single "woke" company on the planet, how does that make boycotting some of them a futile gesture?

If I boycott Coca Cola, does the fact that I still buy Levis jeans somehow prevent Coca Cola from feeling the effects of my boycott?
View Quote

You are better off boycotting Levi’s they have for over 30 funded anti-gun candidates and programs. Compared to Levi’s Coke is just minorly stupid.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You are better off boycotting Levi’s they have for over 30 funded anti-gun candidates and programs. Compared to Levi’s Coke is just minorly stupid.
View Quote

You're completely missing the (hypothetical) point.

I don't buy from either company.

The idea that you have to boycott every left-leaning company in order to have any impact is majorly stupid.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The idea that you have to boycott every left-leaning company in order to have any impact is majorly stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then get rid of your Apple and Microsoft products.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Then get rid of your Apple and Microsoft products.
View Quote

Don't have to.

I'm not the one here who is advocating all-or-nothing boycotts.

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

See the hypocrisy?

View Quote

I’ll try to find a link but Topo has significant chemicals in it, we use Waterloo at our house  
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

he said, on an Amazon server
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I’ll try to find a link but Topo has significant chemicals in it, we use Waterloo at our house  
View Quote

I'm certain it has Dihydrogen Monoxide in it.  And I'm pretty sure that's one of the leading causes of children's deaths in the US.  But you'll never hear the mainstream media publicize that!
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm certain it has Dihydrogen Monoxide in it.  And I'm pretty sure that's one of the leading causes of children's deaths in the US.  But you'll never hear the mainstream media publicize that!
View Quote

Don't forget Carbon Dioxide.........injest enough of that and you'll float away.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s hypocritical.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Snowflakes come in all shapes and sizes.  Including llama-sized.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:02:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It’s hypocritical.
View Quote

Boycotting as many "woke" companies as you reasonably can is not hypocritical.

It's pragmatic.

Refusing to boycott any "woke" company - simply because you can't boycott every single one of them - is lame.

You're using the "hypocritical" argument as an excuse to not have to boycott anyone - which makes you morally lazy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Boycotting as many "woke" companies as you reasonably can is not hypocritical.

It's pragmatic.

Refusing to boycott any "woke" company - simply because you can't boycott every single one of them - is lame.

You're using the "hypocritical" argument as an excuse to not have to boycott anyone - which makes you morally lazy.
View Quote

And boycotting whatever company conveniences you less makes you objectively lazy by all accounts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Just doubled my Topo Chico subscription because of this thread.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe if you ask nicely you can get them to send it to you in the death camp the leftist send you and your family too, after you've politely turned in your fancy HK, during business hours after you took time off from work to do so.

If you want to know why all businesses shit in the mouth of conservatives, while kissing the ass of leftists, look no further than this topic.  Guy asks what non-leftist companies might offer the same product, and gets rubbish about how since he doesn't boycott every leftist product, he's a fool.

Leftists would list out 8 other companies, and offer to post threats to the offending company on Twitter until they backed down.  Which side is winning the battle for America?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe if you ask nicely you can get them to send it to you in the death camp the leftist send you and your family too, after you've politely turned in your fancy HK, during business hours after you took time off from work to do so.

If you want to know why all businesses shit in the mouth of conservatives, while kissing the ass of leftists, look no further than this topic.  Guy asks what non-leftist companies might offer the same product, and gets rubbish about how since he doesn't boycott every leftist product, he's a fool.

Leftists would list out 8 other companies, and offer to post threats to the offending company on Twitter until they backed down.  Which side is winning the battle for America?
View Quote

Death camps? Boycotting a Mexican based mineral water company? This is why they’re winning. Centrist minded people who we need on our side aren’t going to follow extremists on either side of the table.

I don’t even particularly care about the Coca Cola brand, but I found their 2020 donor list and there’s quite a few bipartisan and republicans included. https://www.coca-colacompany.com/policies-and-practices/political-engagement-in-the-united-states
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Coke hitched their wagon to the leftist side, and most conservatives can't even be bothered to suggest to someone who else they could buy from, instead they whine about him using a computer or bragging about buying more of it.

Little wonder which side businesses don't mind coming out against, when people are dumb enough to give money to people who hate them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Coke hitched their wagon to the leftist side, and most conservatives can't even be bothered to suggest to someone who else they could buy from, instead they whine about him using a computer or bragging about buying more of it.

Little wonder which side businesses don't mind coming out against, when people are dumb enough to give money to people who hate them.
View Quote

The entirety of the modern world was established from people trading goods with people they hated.

Pretty much all the major corporations and the money that backs them is anti-Conservative. Even brands which have developed around being the alternate choice to "liberal brands" and supposedly are "super-duper conservative" have kowtow'd in the face of the leftist agenda. It's really hard to get people who are participating in the "Money and Power" game, to support the "Less money and less power" side when it comes to politics.

There is a fundamental difference in how boycotts work on the left versus the right, it's inherent in the structure. The best thing you could do with your money to keep it out of the hands of people who are going to use it politically is stick with as small and as local of vendors as humanely possible, and even that isn't a guarantee. Picking one McProduct over another McProduct won't be the final straw to tip the cosmic scales of justice in our favor in the perseverance on the path to freedom. Nor is sparkly water decisions actually going to have any effect in the grand scheme of things, other than a temporary dopamine release and the reassurance that "I'm doing my part" meanwhile the fed just offset whatever difference that is many times over in the few seconds it takes to come off that dopamine high. This is true with most "food" products being that they are all owned by the same handful of companies.

I mean, other than MyPillow, I'm failing to even register a large company as supporting "Conservatism(tm)".
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I’m pretty sure if you were to stop using any products made by companies involved with the democrats you would live in a cave
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It’s hypocritical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s hypocritical.

No, it's called "Letting the perfect be the enemy of the good".
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So then Google...
View Quote

On my phone, but they get comparatively little $$$ from me compared to what people who use Apple phones or Microsoft products on their computers pay.  Since basically all big tech companies are "woke", the only other choice is the stone age as far as phones go.  However, Linux is a viable alternative on desktop and server that it is possible to limit the amount of funding going to the liberal causes.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey, just saw that this thread continued after my last response for a while. I wanted to thank the folks supporting the objective of collectively acting to defend our values and priorities. Skibane, Skillshot, and others are correct. The idea of not exercising ANY discretion in your purchasing decisions because you cannot completely separate wokeness from your personal supply chain is self-evidently absurd and fallacious.

One will notice, in threads where collective action or activism is being proposed that threatens the leftist agenda, that some of the same posters always seem to show up to tell us why its futile/ hypocritical/ the wrong priority/ etc. This has a chilling effect on some people reading the threads and stops them from proposing or participating in threads focused on conservative activism. This is a tactic of the Left and it is effective. IMO opinion its a serious problem on this board and especially in the Texas HTF and should be dealt with by site management. Until then... Once someone identifies themselves as:

A) Being opposed to some element of anti-leftist/ communist political activism
B) Offering no positive alternative to the element they purport to be opposed to...

That person gets ignored. At the bottom of their post: User Info --> Ignore User.

The Mineragua and The 1877 have done the trick. Thanks again to all who responded in a positive way to my query.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hey, just saw that this thread continued after my last response for a while. I wanted to thank the folks supporting the objective of collectively acting to defend our values and priorities. Skibane, Skillshot, and others are correct. The idea of not exercising ANY discretion in your purchasing decisions because you cannot completely separate wokeness from your personal supply chain is self-evidently absurd and fallacious.

One will notice, in threads where collective action or activism is being proposed that threatens the leftist agenda, that some of the same posters always seem to show up to tell us why its futile/ hypocritical/ the wrong priority/ etc. This has a chilling effect on some people reading the threads and stops them from proposing or participating in threads focused on conservative activism. This is a tactic of the Left and it is effective. IMO opinion its a serious problem on this board and especially in the Texas HTF and should be dealt with by site management. Until then... Once someone identifies themselves as:

A) Being opposed to some element of anti-leftist/ communist political activism
B) Offering no positive alternative to the element they purport to be opposed to...

That person gets ignored. At the bottom of their post: User Info --> Ignore User.

The Mineragua and The 1877 have done the trick. Thanks again to all who responded in a positive way to my query.
View Quote

I'd say that it is probably more likely that most of the people who are saying not to worry about supporting liberal causes are more likely just lazy or apathetic than secret liberals promoting an agenda.  Or maybe they are just so jaded they've given up.  But that's what the incessant grind of the liberal media, etc., does.  It wears people down until they blindly accept the true word of the liberal saviours who know best for everyone.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#42]
People that don't even try are worthless and might as well be woke SJW faggots themselves.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

H-E-B is super woke these days too, so not sure if that is a win.
View Quote

Glad I'm not the only one saying it. Yep.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is unfortunate.  The founder of that company is undoubtedly rolling in his grave these days.  His son, Charles Butt, the current CEO, has donated millions to Democratic candidates and supported causes like Pride parades in recent years that it is undoubted his parents would not have approved of.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It is unfortunate.  The founder of that company is undoubtedly rolling in his grave these days.  His son, Charles Butt, the current CEO, has donated millions to Democratic candidates and supported causes like Pride parades in recent years that it is undoubted his parents would not have approved of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s a homosexual
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He’s a homosexual
View Quote

That has been conjectured for years.  Apparently he used to put on a show of publicly dating women to combat those rumors.  I guess he's not bothering any more.  Hey, it worked for Rock Hudson for a long time too...

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
HEB 1877 brand water.
View Quote

Trash water, bought it once and will never touch that again.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
People that don't even try are worthless and might as well be woke SJW faggots themselves.
View Quote

Let me be a smooth brain like OP and buy alternative “woke” (proof above Coca Cola donates to both parties) products to combat SJWs.

Nah. I’ll just enjoy my Lime Topos.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Ya can't fix feckless
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top