Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2021 10:52:35 AM EDT
I'm thinking about going out there to watch the Blue Origin launch. How about a meet up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a tall order, not much out that way as far as people are concerned.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a tall order, not much out that way as far as people are concerned.
View Quote
Who knows maybe some of our members might want to head out and watch the launch.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm about 99 miles away in Alpine.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm about 99 miles away in Alpine.
View Quote

In West Texas terms, that's practically around the corner!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In West Texas terms, that's practically around the corner!
View Quote

Haha isn't that the truth.  I've heard there is a great steakhouse in Van Horn even though it's a small town.

I've never stopped in though as I almost never head out that way towards El Paso since I like Alpine/Marfa/Fort Davis.  I was last in Fort Davis about a year ago and it sucked seeing everything closed due to coronapanic.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Im here in Midland. Wouldn't mind heading out that way
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#7]
A buddy of mine works for them.  He worked for NASA for years, living in Clear Lake.  Listening to his city boy stories about trips out there are hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im here in Midland. Wouldn't mind heading out that way
View Quote
I'm trying to work out a way to get away from work and get out to watch the launch.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine works for them.  He worked for NASA for years, living in Clear Lake.  Listening to his city boy stories about trips out there are hilarious.
View Quote
I bet they are some good stories.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone out here has been really scared to put on any kind of public events and quite frankly alot more people are sick and tired of it.
The judge has been one of the ones against any type of gatherings but he has started to realize you cant keep hiding.

There are quite a few events planned here in Brewster Co and the surrounding counties this year for 4th of July.

I'm down, what time and day? I'm sure my son would love to see the launch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Well it looks like I won't be able to make it out there. I still encourage anyone that wants to see a rocket launch to go and watch it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Slightly off topic...my son and I had a couple of youth hunts in the van horn mountians 2019 & 2020. The ranch was about 5000' in elevation and you could see the launch facility from certain parts of it. No launches while we were there, but my son harvested his first mule deer and his first two auodads on those hunts

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well it looks like I won't be able to make it out there. I still encourage anyone that wants to see a rocket launch to go and watch it.
View Quote

First I am hearing of this, neat. Thanks for the heads up. Not too far from El Paso..just read up on it..

"During Wednesday’s press briefing, Cornell said Blue Origin would release more details closer to the July flight about how West Texans can watch the launch."..that is from May 5th.

Not seeing anything new. Only latest is a article from Dallas Morning News and they are behind a pay wall. Nothing new on KVIA site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top