Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm wondering if someone that never had a Tx. CHL will sue post Sept. 1/2021 to be given a "license" without a DPS background check claiming that the "State" already approves of them carrying without the permit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm wondering if someone that never had a Tx. CHL will sue post Sept. 1/2021 to be given a "license" without a DPS background check claiming that the "State" already approves of them carrying without the permit.
View Quote

i dont see that happening.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

For what? You still need a LTC to bypass NICS, or carry on a college campus.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't have seen it happening either.

Until, just now, once the subject has been broached.

Sometimes, we are our own worst enemies.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wouldn't have seen it happening either.

Until, just now, once the subject has been broached.

Sometimes, we are our own worst enemies.

View Quote

Not trying to be an enemy. Being a CEO for thirty years helps you look WAY down the road.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd suggest not under the current framework as the LTC grants certain privileges beyond rights recognized by HB 1927. As mentioned previously, bypass NICS on weapon purchase, carry in a couple of places that require a LTC, state reciprocal carry .... Defense would be it isn't the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
While I do not believe said lawsuit will even happen, if it did succeed we would lose NICS bypass and reciprocity with some states as both are dependent on background checks. We are lucky NICS has not been already yanked.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
While I do not believe said lawsuit will even happen, if it did succeed we would lose NICS bypass and reciprocity with some states as both are dependent on background checks. We are lucky NICS has not been already yanked.
View Quote

THIS!!!! The reason some states have had their NICS bypass yanked is because of sloppy background checks. This is one advantage of Texas having DPS issue LTC’s.

One amendment that was added to HB 1927 and I am glad is still there in some form is the ability to expunge an unlawful carrying if that was the only charge. This removes any vehicle for someone to sue the state.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#9]
A person needs some losses or injury to move a suit to court - any bozo with the filing fee can file a suit, but you have to show that you've been impacted by the law or another person.

What would be the injury or loss here?  That the non-LTC holder would have had to pay 40 bucks and take an LTC class to get an LTC?  That's not a loss or an injury.  CC erodes that claim, not strengthens it, as the person can still carry without an LTC, so even less to complain about than before CC was passed.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys I'm obviously NOT an attorney. I was thinking along the lines of Bloomturd and his gang of 500 lawyers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
No other state has had to scrap its license system when it went to CC, so we should be good.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Guys I'm obviously NOT an attorney. I was thinking along the lines of Bloomturd and his gang of 500 lawyers.
View Quote

BloomTURD will just burn through more of his money trying to sue a state that has a bunch of good attorneys and a great AG.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any word on when the governor will sign HB1927?
View Quote

I saw on the OCT this evening he is supposed to sign them Thursday morning at 10:30 in San Antonio I believe.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I saw on the OCT this evening he is supposed to sign them Thursday morning at 10:30 in San Antonio I believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any word on when the governor will sign HB1927?

I had heard the Thursday morning rumor too, but could not confirm. I even sent an e mail to Abbott’s staff just asking when and if anything public was planed. Never heard anything back.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I had heard the Thursday morning rumor too, but could not confirm. I even sent an e mail to Abbott’s staff just asking when and if anything public was planed. Never heard anything back.
View Quote

That source said it would be in front of the Alamo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh my!!!!!
That would be some symbolism??

I still remember thisAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#17]
What's interesting is that I received a letter from DPS yesterday informing me that my license will expire in Dec. Im not sure if they normally send notices out 6 months in advance, but I sort of suspect it was simply to get me to go online and renew now for $40 before it is officially signed into law. If Im not mistaken the cost of a license goes to $0 under the bill so a renewal obviously would be free.

Do they normally send out notices 6 months in advance. I don't really care I guess. I went ahead and renewed and basically look at the $40 as a donation to DPS or something. But yeah, I do also think it was sort of a backhanded way to try to collect money that they'll otherwise stop receiving soon.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What's interesting is that I received a letter from DPS yesterday informing me that my license will expire in Dec. Im not sure if they normally send notices out 6 months in advance, but I sort of suspect it was simply to get me to go online and renew now for $40 before it is officially signed into law. If Im not mistaken the cost of a license goes to $0 under the bill so a renewal obviously would be free.

Do they normally send out notices 6 months in advance. I don't really care I guess. I went ahead and renewed and basically look at the $40 as a donation to DPS or something. But yeah, I do also think it was sort of a backhanded way to try to collect money that they'll otherwise stop receiving soon.
View Quote

Mine expired this month. I got the notice to renew back in January, so a 6 month notice is about right. It takes a while to process.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

My last one was 6 months.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#20]
someone just told me he signed it.  anyone know what's up?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#22]
and confirmed

eta. Just spoke to lt gov's office and thanked Miss Helen.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
and confirmed

View Quote

Supposed to be a ceremony tomorrow at the Alamo for all the gun bills.

Renewal notices are sent out six months before expiration on LTC's. Got mine last month for a November date.  It was $37 and some change for us old folks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#25]
"2nd amendment sanctuary state"
Thanks to all those who worked to make it happen  
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#26]
No more steps needed.  

Constitutional Carry was passed by the State of Texas.  A huge victory for pro-gun forces, and impactful on a national stage for gun rights.  

Thank you to all who were involved in the process.  You worked hard, worked smart, and delivered a huge win for the forces of freedom.

Let's close and lock this thread, and leave the below victory photo as a fitting tribute to all our work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No more steps needed.  

Constitutional Carry was passed by the State of Texas.  A huge victory for pro-gun forces, and impactful on a national stage for gun rights.  

Thank you to all who were involved in the process.  You worked hard, worked smart, and delivered a huge win for the forces of freedom.

Let's close and lock this thread, and leave the below victory photo as a fitting tribute to all our work.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/RachelFelisha_jpg-1981861_jpg-1982171.JPG
View Quote

don't lock it yet.  we still need to call and thank Helen and various staff and thank them.  go the extra mile.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#28]
That's true.  If you contacted your reps this session and they voted for pro-gun bills, please take the time to drop them a thank you note now for their votes.

The reps and the staffers will remember things like that.  Easy to ask for things when you need them, harder to say thank you after the fact.

And yes, some calls to Ms. Helen at the LTG office thanking her for being so so nice to all of us would be wonderful.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I spoke with Ms. Helen before the final vote took place and apologized on behalf of ALL of us if anyone had been rude or worse with her. She seemed to appreciate the sentiment. I do need to call Nichols and thank him.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm seriously going to send Helen cookies or flowers. Haven't decided on which yet - weighing which is less creepy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Please do so.  The after the action is over thank you's, I've found, are very effective for the future.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm seriously going to send Helen cookies or flowers. Haven't decided on which yet - weighing which is less creepy.
View Quote

Probably cookies.  Good idea and thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
and confirmed

View Quote

Miss Helen is a Texas Treasure...

I may not see eye to eye with Dan Patrick on some issues, but I have nothing but the highest regard for that sweet lady & her composure & class.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  Probably cookies.  Good idea and thanks.
View Quote

Yellow roses,  I should think.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#35]
The Mad Mommies are crying in their boxed wine.

BREAKING: TEXAS GOV. GREG ABBOTT SIGNS DANGEROUS PERMITLESS CARRY BILL INTO LAW
Help us oppose reckless gun laws nationwide. Make a donation right now >>

despite recent surges in gun violence across the country, the gun lobby is successfully pushing state legislatures nationwide to dismantle common-sense gun safety measures and advance reckless gun bills.

This week, Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed a permitless carry bill into law that will allow people to carry hidden, loaded handguns in public without a background check or any safety training.

Breaking: Texas Governor Greg Abbott just signed permitless carry into law.

Just in the past few months, Iowa, Montana, Tennessee, and Utah have all enacted permitless carry laws, and more could be passed soon.

Our grassroots volunteers have been working relentlessly to oppose these bills in states across the country, and it's clear the gun lobby will stop at nothing to advance their extreme agenda. We're counting on your support at this critical moment.

Holding lawmakers accountable, defeating reckless gun lobby-backed bills, and working every day to end gun violence will take all the resources we can get. Can we count on you to make an urgent donation to Everytown and Moms Demand Action?

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately by clicking one of the dollar amounts:

Thank you for all that you do,

Everytown for Gun Safety

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats guys. Looks like all of our hard work paid off.

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Mad Mommies are crying in their boxed wine.

BREAKING: TEXAS GOV. GREG ABBOTT SIGNS DANGEROUS PERMITLESS CARRY BILL INTO LAW
Help us oppose reckless gun laws nationwide. Make a donation right now >>

despite recent surges in gun violence across the country, the gun lobby is successfully pushing state legislatures nationwide to dismantle common-sense gun safety measures and advance reckless gun bills.

This week, Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed a permitless carry bill into law that will allow people to carry hidden, loaded handguns in public without a background check or any safety training.

Breaking: Texas Governor Greg Abbott just signed permitless carry into law.

Just in the past few months, Iowa, Montana, Tennessee, and Utah have all enacted permitless carry laws, and more could be passed soon.

Our grassroots volunteers have been working relentlessly to oppose these bills in states across the country, and it's clear the gun lobby will stop at nothing to advance their extreme agenda. We're counting on your support at this critical moment.

Holding lawmakers accountable, defeating reckless gun lobby-backed bills, and working every day to end gun violence will take all the resources we can get. Can we count on you to make an urgent donation to Everytown and Moms Demand Action?

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately by clicking one of the dollar amounts:

Thank you for all that you do,

Everytown for Gun Safety

View Quote
Dear mad commies,

get fukt
-fattyfat
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kolaches, the word you’re looking for is Kolaches!
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Is there a list of everyone who voted in favor of this bill? I want to follow up with all of them.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Is there a list of everyone who voted in favor of this bill? I want to follow up with all of them.
View Quote

If you go to TLO you can find who voted yes and no. I have been on the road all week working off my IPad and phone. Tomorrow I will copy the information.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dear mad commies,

get fukt
-fattyfat
View Quote

Fuckin' snoogins.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Realize Gov. Abbot did that knowing most of you hated him and would actively work against him.  That’s more, real, pro-RKBA legislation in a single session than Texas has ever seen.  Most progress i’ve seen since I started watching - and the guy doing it knew most of you would support his challenger in a primary.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Realize Gov. Abbot did that knowing most of you hated him and would actively work against him.  That’s more, real, pro-RKBA legislation in a single session than Texas has ever seen.  Most progress i’ve seen since I started watching - and the guy doing it knew most of you would support his challenger in a primary.
View Quote

He needed to try and save himself somehow.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He needed to try and save himself somehow.
View Quote

. Trying to accommodate you miserable motherfuckers would be the last move any professional politician would make; because you’re perpetually unhappy and will stay that way.  I can’t say it is belief because I don’t know Gov. Abbott.  I know what I’d advise a guy who did believe and it would be a lot less than Abbott has provably delivered.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

. Trying to accommodate you miserable motherfuckers would be the last move any professional politician would make; because you’re perpetually unhappy and will stay that way.  I can’t say it is belief because I don’t know Gov. Abbott.  I know what I’d advise a guy who did believe and it would be a lot less than Abbott has provably delivered.
View Quote

Politicians only know how to serve themselves and without getting re-elected they can't.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Politicians only know how to serve themselves and without getting re-elected they can't.
View Quote

If Gov. Abbott wanted to serve himself he’d have sold the 2A down the river and every newspaper in every major city would applaud him for it.  That’s the slam dunk, easy choice if all you want is to be reelected.  Instead, he signed 7 pro-2A bills, including the long-sought constitutional carry, in a year when it would have been easy to kill any bill due to covid.  Free pass to assassinate bills you don’t want.

Instead, while you guys were calling him “wheels”, which I know he is aware of, he delivered 7 pro-2A bills, including constitutional carry, knowing it would likely get him jack shit.  Make your own judgements there; but I’m about as sympathetic to 2A as you can imagine and I wouldn’t have gone that far.

But you know, go elect that mythical guy who is better and more pure.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The governor didn't do any work, he signed the bill.

People who were fed up are the ones who put in the work and spent lots of time with the legislators making sure things got taken care of.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The governor didn't do any work, he signed the bill.

People who were fed up are the ones who put in the work and spent lots of time with the legislators making sure things got taken care of.
View Quote

And if he’d vetoed the bill?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And if he’d vetoed the bill?
View Quote

Then his political career would have ended.

Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top