Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2021 6:05:40 PM EDT
Does anyone know someone with Golden Retriever Puppies available? Willing to drive from TX. Any leads appreciated! Also posted in general, but figured I'd post in HTF.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of sporting breed dog rescues out there. Several in Texas. I would check with them and see if you can get yourself on a list to be notified in the event they hear of some or acquire some.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a huge Golden fan as the family has almost always had one or two.  

But the rescue groups in North Texas are absolutely not worth a shit and should not be supported.  I spent days jumping through hoops for two organizations and both of them were run by pompous asses.  In the end, neither of them would approve me to have one of "their dogs".  So I rescued an 8 month old male from a family that shouldn't have had a dog.  Then I sent those asshats pictures.  

He lived to be 16 years old.  

When I tried to adopt another Golden from the Garland animal shelter, I was apparently 15 minutes late.  The officer let me know that it was one of the rescue groups I did battle with that came a took 5 pups in one "adoption".   So I adopted a couple of hounds.  They're both 11 years old now.

Dog rescue groups can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Put deposits down for two of these little guysAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Two from the same litter? I have heard of issues with litter mate syndrome. Not sure if it’s BS. But maybe something you might consider.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two from the same litter? I have heard of issues with litter mate syndrome. Not sure if it’s BS. But maybe something you might consider.
View Quote

@mah827
That is a cluster of behavioral issues that stem from having two puppies at the same time. Regardless of litter. Just two dogs being hyper dependant of each other.  So it's something to be aware of when training, but not an actual condition
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@mah827
That is a cluster of behavioral issues that stem from having two puppies at the same time. Regardless of litter. Just two dogs being hyper dependant of each other.  So it's something to be aware of when training, but not an actual condition
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mah827

They don't have to be from the same litter to be like that.  I adopted two pups from Garland when I was traveling a lot for work.  And with my wife full time employed, we still have to deal with their devotion to each other.  They get along great with people, but hate all other dogs.  Funny enough, our cats don't really bother them.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@mah827
View Quote

Hence the qualifying it might be BS.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mah827

I gotcha, didn't think you were set on it or anything. I appreciate the advice
@mah827
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Funny enough, our cats don't really bother them.  
View Quote

They're just the worst dogs in your pack.  But still part of the pack.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
@nwoodcock1

Any leads you can send me? Looking for a golden retriever pup for the family.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@nwoodcock1

Any leads you can send me? Looking for a golden retriever pup for the family.
View Quote

@jeadams
Here
I think they have one boy left in willows litter. We will be picking ours up June 6th, the breeder is in Oklahoma, so we could pick yours up if you wanted
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@jeadams
Here
I think they have one boy left in willows litter. We will be picking ours up June 6th, the breeder is in Oklahoma, so we could pick yours up if you wanted
View Quote

@nwoodcock1

Thank you for the information!

wife unit here.  I'm really interested in a puppy.  We dont have Facebook, what is the best way for us to contact this breeder.  Please let us know.  Thank you in advance!  Have a good night!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Received this little guy today.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Nice.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nice.  Congrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice.  Congrats.

Thank you Sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top