Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/2/2021 3:30:45 PM EDT
Constitutional Carry filed in the Senate

Sen. Springer and Sen. Buckingham joint authored SB 540, Constitutional Carry.

This is the first time since 2015 that Constitutional Carry has been filed in the Senate.

SB 540 would recognize the right of anyone 21 and older who can legally possess a firearm to carry a handgun, open or concealed, without a permit.

Look for a full analysis soon highlighting the specific provisions of this bill and HB 1238, Constitutional Carry in the House.

With 2 senators co-sponsoring Constitutional Carry this is really big, ask you senator to sign on to it.

Additional Senate Bills Filed to Protect Gun Freedoms

Sen. Springer filed the following priority gun rights legislation:  

SB 546: Repeal “gun-free” zones (from Penal Code 46.03 and 46.035) for those who can legally carry a handgun

SB 541: 2A Sanctuary State – declares that our state resources and personnel will not be used to enforce Federal gun laws or regulations enacted after Jan. 19, 2021 (similar to HB 635 by Rep. Krause)

SB 542: Texas Firearm Freedom – exempts “Made in Texas” firearms, ammunition, and accessories from Federal laws (identical to HB 915 by Rep. Krause)

SB 547: Repeal governor's emergency power to control the sale, transportation, and use of weapons and ammunition (identical to HB 26 by Rep. Swanson)

SB 548: Anti-Red Flag – keeps Texas out of any Federal red flag law scheme (identical to HB 336 by Rep. Cain)

SB 543: Texas Hearing Protection Act – repeals state law suppressor restrictions and exempts “Made in Texas” suppressors from Federal laws (identical to HB 957 by Rep. Oliverson)

SB 545: Domestic Violence Victim Defense – recognizes the right of those protected by a restraining order, age 18 or older, who can legally own a firearm to carry without a permit and without “gun-free” zones (identical to HB 1094 by Rep. Oliverson)

See Sen. Springer’s full list of 11 bills filed yesterday.

2A Sanctuary State

Multiple versions of Second Amendment Sanctuary State legislation have been introduced in both the House and the Senate (HB 112, identical to SB 513; HB 635, similar to SB 541; HB 919, identical to SB 499).

All of these bills would declare that our state resources and personnel will not be used to enforce Federal laws or regulations on firearms, ammunition, and accessories.

Gun Owners of America has prioritized this type of legislation for years, including in Texas.

Gov. Abbott said recently,  “I want to make sure that Texas become a Second Amendment Sanctuary State, so that no government official at any level can come and take your gun away from you.”

In addition to passing 2A Sanctuary State legislation, Texas also must repeal current state law infringements such as “gun-free” zones and the requirement to obtain a permit to carry a handgun.

Waiting for Committees  

Speaker Phelan has not yet announced committee assignments. Last session, House committees were announced on January 23.

Many gun bills in the House go to the Homeland Security & Public Safety committee. Others go to State Affairs or Criminal Jurisprudence. Those committee chair assignments are critical to passing our priority legislation.

Committee hearings could begin as early as Feb. 11, according to the schedule set in the Texas Constitution, Article 3, Section 5.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Called & E-mailed my State Senator to support this.

Thanks for keeping up updated!

Crossing Fingers on this!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like moving back to Texas may be getting sweeter.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
With everything the Biden Admin and the dems are trying, Texas just may pass it through to spite the dems.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got off the phone with Rep. James White's office and the gentleman told me that the Rep. supports CC. His appointment to the Homeland Security Com. was just announced. Call and tell him to get this done.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
James White is the Chairperson of the Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee. Call him and speak with his staff about getting CC a full hearing and a vote out of his committee!!!!!!!
https://house.texas.gov/members/member-page/?district=19
Be nice and respectful when you call. Have just one or two bullet points in favor of CC. Tell your friends to call. Spread the word!!! We have a CHANCE it looks like this time around. Be aware that the Police groups are solidly AGAINST CC. Remind the representative that the police are less than 1/10th of one percent of the population but voters are 99.9% of the victims in our state. Ask the Rep why is it that Doctors inoculate ALL of their patients instead of just a select few ( permit buyers). Remind the person that answers the phone that the states that have CC ALL have lower crime rates than Texas does. Remind the Rep. that with open borders we ALL are at a greater risk of being a victim. There are many many reasons to have CC in Texas. Pick two and CALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:33:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Some 2A bills filled by Springer related to administrative issues:

SB 549 - Turns 51% into > 60%
SB 550 - Removes "shoulder or belt" from holster requirements
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
https://texas.gunowners.org/cc/

You can get the latest GOA talking points on Constitutional Carry at the above link. This helps with talking points when calling legislators.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
James White is the Chairperson of the Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee. Call him and speak with his staff about getting CC a full hearing and a vote out of his committee!!!!!!!
Be nice and respectful when you call. Have just one or two bullet points in favor of CC. Tell your friends to call. Spread the word!!! We have a CHANCE it looks like this time around. Be aware that the Police groups are solidly AGAINST CC. Remind the representative that the police are less than 1/10th of one percent of the population but voters are 99.9% of the victims in our state. Ask the Rep why is it that Doctors inoculate ALL of their patients instead of just a select few ( permit buyers). Remind the person that answers the phone that the states that have CC ALL have lower crime rates than Texas does. Remind the Rep. that with open borders we ALL are at a greater risk of being a victim. There are many many reasons to have CC in Texas. Pick two and CALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Remind them also that the TSRA is heavily over-represented by law enforcement, and should not be perceived as the voice of Texan gun owners (necessarily).  If they've changed their stance that's cool, but last I heard they wanted some do-nothing nonsense they called "licensed constitutional carry" that was just a slight broadening of the places a carry permit was valid (and which would likely torpedo future *actual* constitutional carry efforts since lawmakers could pretend they'd already done so)
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll need to patent a proper boot-holster BBQ rig if SB550 gets legs
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Remind them also that the TSRA is heavily over-represented by law enforcement, and should not be perceived as the voice of Texan gun owners (necessarily).  If they've changed their stance that's cool, but last I heard they wanted some do-nothing nonsense they called "licensed constitutional carry" that was just a slight broadening of the places a carry permit was valid (and which would likely torpedo future *actual* constitutional carry efforts since lawmakers could pretend they'd already done so)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do not waste your time and effort on TSRA, get involved with GOA. They have a plan to get Constitutional Carry passed. Currently there are 16 states with Constitutional Carry, with Montana and Utah joining very soon. The votes for Constitutional Carry in both states passed their houses by over 2 to 1.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the TSRA was no friend to Constitutionalists during the last go round and LEO testified against removing restrictions on the carrying of firearms. Tsra maintained their position only supporting Fudds/Hunters. TSRA has replaced their legislative director(legislative liason) but it remains to be seen if she or TSRA are willing to fight for Constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes, the TSRA was no friend to Constitutionalists during the last go round and LEO testified against removing restrictions on the carrying of firearms. Tsra maintained their position only supporting Fudds/Hunters. TSRA has replaced their legislative director(legislative liason) but it remains to be seen if she or TSRA are willing to fight for Constitutional carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TSRA fought open carry tooth and nail, and when it finally was going to pass went to the mat to allow law enforcement to stop you and ask for your permit without due cause.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#13]
My point in mentioning TSRA is that representatives likely see them as the voice for Texas gun owners, and we need to disabuse them of that notion if we don't want those Fudds wielding our influence.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Gripes my ass that the cops are so anti CC. They are only 1/10th of one percent of the population but WE are 99% of the victims.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gripes my ass that the cops are so anti CC. They are only 1/10th of one percent of the population but WE are 99% of the victims.
View Quote

They are the only ones profeshnul enuf
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My point in mentioning TSRA is that representatives likely see them as the voice for Texas gun owners, and we need to disabuse them of that notion if we don't want those Fudds wielding our influence.
View Quote

Join GOA and get involved with the people here in Texas working to get Constitutional Carry passed this session. Best thing you can do right now is get your state Senator and house rep to co sponsor the existing Constitutional Carry bills.

TSRA as become a totally worthless organization unless you are into hunting or dieing shooting sports.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't we have some folks here that are very closely involved with TSRA?  They may not be able to be as honest about their thoughts as we'd like, but I'd be interested to hear what they think about the new leg director, and the issue of constitutional carry.

@douglasmorris99 ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

99% of the victims

And something like 0.01% chance of committing a violent/serious crime compared to the general population
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't we have some folks here that are very closely involved with TSRA?  They may not be able to be as honest about their thoughts as we'd like, but I'd be interested to hear what they think about the new leg director, and the issue of constitutional carry.

@douglasmorris99 ?
View Quote

I do NOT know much about our new Leg Director, beyond a brief phone conferance last week.
Leadgership says she's on it.

CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY, as far as I know MOST TSRA leadership and every director I've spoken with are behind it
Annual meeting is the 5th of march, hopefully I will know more
remember TSRA and TSRA Legslative Action are different brands/activities/focus TSRA IS an educational group, focus on teaching training and NRA Recognized shooting sports
thanks for asking..
CHEF
aka Doug Morris TSRA NE TEXAS REGIONAL Recruitment Director.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I do NOT know much about our new Leg Director, beyond a brief phone conferance last week.

CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY, as far as I know MOST TSRA leadership and every director I've spoken with are behind it
remember TSRA and TSRA Legslative Action are different brands/activities/focus TSRA IS an educational group, focus on teaching training and NRA Recognized shooting sports
thanks for asking..
CHEF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@douglasmorris99 ?

thanks for asking..
CHEF

Sounds promising; is that *actual* constitutional, unlicensed carry, or something that's just called "constitutional carry?"
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sounds promising; is that *actual* constitutional, unlicensed carry, or something that's just called "constitutional carry?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@douglasmorris99 ?

thanks for asking..
CHEF

Go read the bills at TLO website. You can find every sponsor, co sponsor, changes in the bill, and hearings on the bills.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Good news!

Gun Owners of America Texas
NEWS: House Committees Announced!

Speaker Phelan announced House committee chairs & members last Thursday.  
       View the list -- organized by committees
       View the list -- organized by member  

The lists show which names are seniority picks (requests from members picked in order of seniority) and which names are Speaker appointments.

Constitutional Carry (and many other gun bills) are typically assigned to the Homeland Security and Public Safety committee (HSPS). Other gun bills in the House go to Criminal Jurisprudence, State Affairs, and other committees.

This session, HSPS is chaired by James White, who authored a permitless carry bill (HB 1911) in 2017 and joint authored Rep. Stickland’s Constitutional Carry bill (HB 357) in 2019.

The party affiliation of the HSPS committee membership is 6 Republican, 3 Democrat. Four members are GOA-endorsed (Cole Hefner, Jared Patterson, Matt Schaefer, and Tony Tinderholt).  

Even after a committee votes to move a bill forward, it still dies unless the Calendars Committee decides to send it to the House floor for a vote.

Gun Bills Filed

You can see our GOA gun bill list at txgoa.us/87r.  

The list includes bills we support AND bills we oppose.

You can sort the list by position, author, or category; filter it to show only a certain type or category; or download it as an Excel spreadsheet.

We will continue to update this list throughout session.

What’s Next?

Both the House and Senate have announced their committee lists.  

Next, the Speaker and Lt. Gov. will start referring bills to committees.

The 1-month period reserved for bill filing ends February 11. Committees could start meeting to hear bills as early as February 12.

Typically, a committee will hold an organizational meeting to discuss logistics before it holds committee hearings to hear bills.

Use the Texas Legislature Online website (capitol.texas.gov) to get email notifications when specific committees schedule a meeting, or when your chosen bills move forward.

First, sign up for a free account (click "login" in the top right corner, and use your main email address).

For bill alerts: go to My TLO > Alerts > Bills. Enter a bill number and a personal note, and click “Add Bill.” When you’ve finished adding all your bills, click “Save” before you leave the page.

For committee alerts: go to My TLO > Alerts > Committee Notices. Click the “Receive Email Alert” box for each Senate or House committee in which you’re interested. Click “Save.”

See our TLO training video (#2 at txgoa.us/txlege) for more details and an example of how to use this website feature.

In liberty,

Rachel Malone, GOA Texas Director
Felisha Bull, GOA Texas Deputy Director
Gun Owners of America
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Assuming we get a CC bill passed out of the Homeland Security Committee we STILL need to have Dustin Burrows schedule it for a vote on the floor out of the "Calendars" committee. Call and urge him to do so. https://house.texas.gov/members/member-page/?district=83
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Assuming we get a CC bill passed out of the Homeland Security Committee we STILL need to have Dustin Burrows schedule it for a vote on the floor out of the "Calendars" committee. Call and urge him to do so. https://house.texas.gov/members/member-page/?district=83
View Quote

Much easier than having a DUMBocrat chairing the committee. When calling remind him Constitutional Carry s a plank in the state Republican Party.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#25]
BIG NEWS!!! James White the chair of the Homeland Security committee has filed HB 1587 and HB 821. These two bills together are Constitutional Carry in Texas!

Also Matt Scfaefet has filed HB 1927, this is a true Constitutional Carry bill.

Looks like Phelan has done very well for us gun owners in Texas!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
BIG NEWS!!! James White the chair of the Homeland Security committee has filed HB 1587 and HB 821. These two bills together are Constitutional Carry in Texas!

View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Man i hope this passes this time!
That would be sweet! I see a new OWB holster in my future.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have not seen that with one exception. 99.999% of police I have dealt with were all pro CC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not seen that with one exception. 99.999% of police I have dealt with were all pro CC.

Are 99% of the "police" you've dealt with actually rural Sheriff's deputies?  

I can't imagine anyone who's dealt with cops in any of the larger cities saying something like that.  Certainly not anyone that has seen their political opposition to Constitutional Carry.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not so much the rank and file on the street, but police chiefs and urban and even suburban county Sheriffs.

Unfortunately these are the most vocal ones the media loves having in front of a camera. Just look at Art ASSanvados.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#32]
How would this work if it passed when you would go to buy a firearm from a dealer. Would they now need to run everyone through NICS?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same. Out of probably 5 or so interactions most have been positive, and really only one was bad. One actually said he was glad civilians were using there rights, one gave me shit when I didn't have it on me (was going to dinner and chance of drinking), a few didn't say anything and one disarmed me for the continuation of the stop.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I should have been more clear. Not "cop" but the leadership that has access to legislators.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
With everything the Biden Admin and the dems are trying, Texas just may pass it through to spite the dems.
View Quote

^^^This^^^

With the outlandish and damaging actions of our federal government under China Joe and with the apparent lack of foresight by many of our state's own leaders in disaster management, I'm betting a lot of people will be much more aware of how important their firearms and the right to possess and carry them are and will be going forward.

China Joe's promise to release these 1000's of illegals into the state should also raise the alarm for many.  I've already sent a frank warning to my state and federal reps, for whatever that will be worth, telling them that China Joe and his band of nazis are out of control, and that if the elected officials won't do something about, it will likely go sideways when citizens start having to do something about it themselves.

I was calm, respectful, and diplomatic about it, but I made sure I got out as much of the seriousness about this as possible...if that will do any good.  Puppet China Joe and his cohorts probably have good cause to surround themselves with troops, because it's apparent they are willing to push all their issues to redline.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How would this work if it passed when you would go to buy a firearm from a dealer. Would they now need to run everyone through NICS?
View Quote

Many (most? Not sure) states with constitutional carry still offer permits for carry and will still bypass nics
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn, Springer is earning it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Many (most? Not sure) states with constitutional carry still offer permits for carry and will still bypass nics
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just about every state with Constitutional Carry (I am not sure of Vermont) has permits. The main reason some states ‘permits’ can bypass NICS is because they do a very through FBI background check and require a full set of finger prints.

I will keep my LTC just to bypass NICS, it is also nice when you travel out of state.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I can't imagine anyone who's dealt with cops in any of the larger cities saying something like that.  Certainly not anyone that has seen their political opposition to Constitutional Carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been checked by DPS, TPWD and city police. The Trooper and Game Wardens were cool as hell about it. DPS trooper asked where me in the truck it was and I told him on my right hip, he smiled and said right where it belongs. I’ll be right back. Slow down sir and drive safe.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I’ve been checked by DPS, TPWD and city police. The Trooper and Game Wardens were cool as hell about it. DPS trooper asked where me in the truck it was and I told him on my right hip, he smiled and said right where it belongs. I’ll be right back. Slow down sir and drive safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a recent need to bring the man into my life, necessitating a trip to the police station with someone following me, and every single El Paso PD cop I spoke with told me to carry a gun (they didn't ask for or see my DL and LTC). I assured them that was well in hand.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dave, I think some of this alleged strong opposition by law enforcement to constitutional carry, particularly in Texas and other red states, has been overblown and more from the police unions, chiefs of police, and other "top end" officials.  Don't get me wrong...there are most certainly individual LEO's and in cases like New Jersey and such that are vehemently against it.

Truth is there is no poll or absolute way to know the stance of all LEO's anywhere.  Something I've noticed over on GD lately, however.  I've never been that shy about my 30+ year career in law enforcement, but I'm starting to see more and more active and retired LEO's confirm that also over on GD in various discussions...and in a very pro-gun rights way.  That wasn't that common due to some knuckleheads who were/are consistently anti-police for any reason.  

I still have ties to my PD for various reasons and still have consistent contact with LEO's here and elsewhere.  LEO's past and present are probably not as anti-gun rights as it applies to the citizenry as some think.  One can find assholes anywhere in any walk of life.  I think I've seen one or two on this site.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dave, I think some of this alleged strong opposition by law enforcement to constitutional carry, particularly in Texas and other red states, has been overblown and more from the police unions, chiefs of police, and other "top end" officials.  Don't get me wrong...there are most certainly individual LEO's and in cases like New Jersey and such that are vehemently against it.

Truth is there is no poll or absolute way to know the stance of all LEO's anywhere.  Something I've noticed over on GD lately, however.  I've never been that shy about my 30+ year career in law enforcement, but I'm starting to see more and more active and retired LEO's confirm that also over on GD in various discussions...and in a very pro-gun rights way.  That wasn't that common due to some knuckleheads who were/are consistently anti-police for any reason.  

I still have ties to my PD for various reasons and still have consistent contact with LEO's here and elsewhere.  LEO's past and present are probably not as anti-gun rights as it applies to the citizenry as some think.  One can find assholes anywhere in any walk of life.  I think I've seen one or two on this site.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are very few anti-gun rank and file police, the anti-gun police are big and a few middle size city police chiefs like Art ASSavedos. These assholes get their power for the MSM whose cocks these idiot police chiefs gargle every day.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#43]
The rules will still be enforced, regardless (they always are) so it kinda doesn't matter what the "rank and file" think.  Maybe they need to kick their union rep's butt so he can kick their chief's butt, or something similar, because I know the Chief will heed them more than the voices of mere civilians.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The rules will still be enforced, regardless (they always are) so it kinda doesn't matter what the "rank and file" think.  Maybe they need to kick their union rep's butt so he can kick their chief's butt, or something similar, because I know the Chief will heed them more than the voices of mere civilians.
View Quote

Strange times are here.  Apparently the citizens hate the police because they are the king's men.  The king(s)...politicians...hate the police because they want to defund them and have been claiming the ranks of the white supremacists extremists are coming from the police and military.  I'm confused...LOL!

barnbwt, I don't think we really have a good idea of what the pattern of behavior will be with the police and even the military in this nation if things continue to go to shit the way the left has it planned.  However, I don't think it will be a lockstep, good-little-nazi reaction that the left hopes for.  In fact it may be why they are becoming fearful of their police and military as evidenced by some of their recent statements and behavior.  

Just look at who Pelosi assigned to head up the so-called "security infrastructure investigation" for the alleged capitol riot, General Russel Honore.  I'm sure some have read his recent, outlandish, comments about the events at the capitol.  He claims the capitol police were complicit in the whole event and maybe even in on the planning.  Turns out he appears to be just the man the left needs to further their agenda.  Tucker had video of his rantings, and he seems a good choice for Pelosi to lead her "SS" troops and follow her orders.  But apparently she is fearful as to whether everyone will follow those orders.

barnbwt, of course there will be "good-little-nazi" police and military personnel who would follow just about any orders.  That is evidenced by history.  However, I don't believe this nation is an exact duplicate of many/most of those other nations.  There's a lot of independent thinking here...regardless of dental plans.  I don't have a crystal ball to determine who among LEO's and military will fall in line and who won't.  The things happening in this nation now are relatively unprecedented, and we probably don't have a good handle on how anyone is going to come down on this...police, military, or citizens.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't say so.  I know when open carry was coming all 3 "rank and file" guys I talked to about it acted like El Paso 1893 was about to come back.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Strange times are here.  Apparently the citizens hate the police because they are the king's men.  The king(s)...politicians...hate the police because they want to defund them and have been claiming the ranks of the white supremacists extremists are coming from the police and military.  I'm confused...LOL!

barnbwt, I don't think we really have a good idea of what the pattern of behavior will be with the police and even the military in this nation if things continue to go to shit the way the left has it planned.  However, I don't think it will be a lockstep, good-little-nazi reaction that the left hopes for.  In fact it may be why they are becoming fearful of their police and military as evidenced by some of their recent statements and behavior.  

Just look at who Pelosi assigned to head up the so-called "security infrastructure investigation" for the alleged capitol riot, General Russel Honore.  I'm sure some have read his recent, outlandish, comments about the events at the capitol.  He claims the capitol police were complicit in the whole event and maybe even in on the planning.  Turns out he appears to be just the man the left needs to further their agenda.  Tucker had video of his rantings, and he seems a good choice for Pelosi to lead her "SS" troops and follow her orders.  But apparently she is fearful as to whether everyone will follow those orders.

barnbwt, of course there will be "good-little-nazi" police and military personnel who would follow just about any orders.  That is evidenced by history.  However, I don't believe this nation is an exact duplicate of many/most of those other nations.  There's a lot of independent thinking here...regardless of dental plans.  I don't have a crystal ball to determine who among LEO's and military will fall in line and who won't.  The things happening in this nation now are relatively unprecedented, and we probably don't have a good handle on how anyone is going to come down on this...police, military, or citizens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is the not "good little Nazi" (nice way to put words in my mouth) police will be quickly removed from service.  Again, they always are when it concerns a policy the government wants enforced.  There is a pattern as old as society to look to.

My point is that the beat cops need to be stepping up, since increasingly the civilians are being outright ignored.  We're trying like hell to make ourselves heard; we got shot in the face by *actual* "good little Nazis" called terrorists & insurrectionists, and now are being rolled up across the country by still more actual "good little Nazis."  I know it's a professional risk; so is protesting as a private citizen, now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say so.  I know when open carry was coming all 3 "rank and file" guys I talked to about acted like El Paso 1893 was about to come back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't say so.  I know when open carry was coming all 3 "rank and file" guys I talked to about acted like El Paso 1893 was about to come back.

A lot of police aren't gun guys.  Guns tend to scare people who aren't gun guys.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The problem is the not "good little Nazi" (nice way to put words in my mouth) police will be quickly removed from service.  Again, they always are when it concerns a policy the government wants enforced.  There is a pattern as old as society to look to.

My point is that the beat cops need to be stepping up, since increasingly the civilians are being outright ignored.  We're trying like hell to make ourselves heard; we got shot in the face by *actual* "good little Nazis" called terrorists & insurrectionists, and now are being rolled up across the country by still more actual "good little Nazis."  I know it's a professional risk; so is protesting as a private citizen, now.
View Quote

barnbwt, I wasn't putting words in your mouth.  That was my classification because I know that some really exist within the ranks.  The question continues to be "how many".  I guess I'm in the same boat as Matthew Bracken in his take as presented in his books about outside forces needing be enlisted to enforce a corrupt administration's policies because the internal forces could not be totally trusted to do so.

Pipe dream?...maybe.  And while his trilogy is based on fiction, it comes from a guy who might have some insight on the optimistic outcome of something occurring now that seems alarmingly similar.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#49]
My Dad was a small electrical contractor. I grew up in the trade and to this day I'm still better than most that made a career out of it . That being said my Dad was "old school". He believed in knowing your enemy. He was in  B-24 over Germany so he understood risk analysis. He taught me , from a very early age, to work everything "hot" and to ALWAYS assume any wire could and would KILL you.   It was a way for him to teach me to FOCUS on the potential danger rather than be surprised by it and possibly killed by it. It's the same with CC in my view for the police. If I were a police officer I'd just as soon assume EVERYONE had a firearm concealed and THAT way there would never be any surprise "shocks". I am NOT a police officer but SURELY there is some type of interstate liaison person, group or panel that can help officers make the transition from a non CC populace to a CC populace. 18-19 other states have done it with rather remarkable results in terms of crime reduction and the absolute LACK of a Wild West scenario that the police unions and big shots tout as THE reason for not having cc.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm really hoping that Texas Legislature won't Charley Brown Us (yet again) with Constitutional Carry...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top