Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 3:04:22 AM EDT
Don't know if this has been posted before, but figured some might want to know about it.

Texas 2A Sanctuary Counties Map

Check your county, see if it's green. If it's not, then contact your commissioners and tell them to get cracking on it.

I get Supremacy Clause and all that, but this is something that we can all do, and every bit helps. All things equal, I think we'd all rather live in a sanctuary county than one that didn't care about our rights.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've actually done the opposite.  I think this whole concept of sanctuaries is ridiculous.  The law is the law and if you don't like it, change it.  

Immigration sanctuaries are fucked up, and I see no reason to legitimize them by supporting 2A sanctuaries.  Especially not in Texas where we don't have any draconian laws.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The law is the law and if you don't like it, change it.  
View Quote

Except when it's likely to be blatantly unconstitutional, and you can't change it because your opponent steals elections?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with telling our state and local cops not to enforce federal anti-2A laws, especially considering the garbage we're likely about to get coming down the pipe. Make the feds do their own dirty work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I see absolutely nothing wrong with telling our state and local cops not to enforce federal anti-2A laws, especially considering the garbage we're likely about to get coming down the pipe. Make the feds do their own dirty work.
View Quote

Please share the last time you saw a state/local cop enforcing federal law.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Please share the last time you saw a state/local cop enforcing federal law.
View Quote

They are not going to stop the feds from enforcing it either.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Gets kind of dangerous if you have DUMBocrat Sheriff and/or DA. They would be a lot quicker to contact the FEDS to prosecute for federal gun crimes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gets kind of dangerous if you have DUMBocrat Sheriff and/or DA. They would be a lot quicker to contact the FEDS to prosecute for federal gun crimes.
View Quote

This right here.  @DaTrueDave, you are comparing apples to oranges.  Historically, the "sanctuary cities" you're against are counter to existing immigration laws.  I'm of the same mindset as you.
What is being proposed now with sanctuary counties is in line with current law and our God given rights.  I guarantee you if an unconstitutional federal law is passed against standard capacity magazines for example, people in Harris, Bexar, Travis, and Dallas counties will be fucked and the LEOs will be enforcing these laws.

Doing what the OP is proposing is letting the local governments know where we stand, and our expectations of them.  If they don't hear any feedback, then they will only do what flows with the political winds.

My county is not on the list yet; however, my sheriff and commissioners are of the same ideology as most of us, so it's only a matter of time.  I will be letting them know what I expect anyways.

ETA:  For the contrarians that say local LEOs can't charge federal crimes...I get it, but for those in the shit counties listed above I can see people being detained for these proposed anti 2A "crimes" until the FEDs come to charge you, or your ID and info being "informed" to the FEDs.

You have to let your local leaders know where we stand.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I hear you, and I just disagree on the right way to respond to unconstitutional laws.  The Constitution itself provides a way to get those laws overturned, and it's not by pretending that they don't exist.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:30:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hear you, and I just disagree on the right way to respond to unconstitutional laws.  The Constitution itself provides a way to get those laws overturned, and it's not by pretending that they don't exist.
View Quote

It's not that they don't exist, it's that they are draconian and unconstitutional. What a 2A sanctuary county does is prohibits local LEOs from being part of a Fed task force or any other team that plans to infringe on our rights. While it won't overturn the law per se, it WILL prevent local resources from being used against us.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trust me, I agree with what you're saying on principle, but at the same time if you've been paying attention to what has happened in the last 2 weeks or so you'll notice we are not playing on a level field.  We are in a cancel culture environment, and this initiative is only trying to solidify and stand ground on an existing constitutional right vs. nullify an existing immigration law.  It's a huge difference between the two.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#10]
If they can steal an election then they can pretty much steal anything they want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top