Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2021 12:13:00 AM EDT
Earlier today I met up with arfcom member Numenor, and had a great conversation.
I'd like to organize a meet up potentially early to mid Feb (13th, or 20th), for members in and around the SA area. First thought was at Bigs on 151, but open to other locations.
Sound off if your interested, and which of those dates work best.

Now is a great time to network and share thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Im in

@SouthsideSlim
@Furyataurus
@TxRed
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
It was quite a good time and great meeting you.  How many others do we know live in the SA area?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m down in La Vernia. I mentioned in another thread, Augies BBQ by the zoo is pro 2A. Last time I was there they had a sign stating 10% off for having a CHL. Also Texas Pride BBQ is pro 2A and does not require a mask.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on what happens on the 20th we might want to meet sooner.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:23:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending on what happens on the 20th we might want to meet sooner.

View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I’d be interested. I travel for work so hopefully around when everybody gets together.

@wjoutlaw
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be interested in a meet up. Anyplace that does not require a mask.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I had suggested bigs because of the outdoor seating and its quite spacious, which, while Auggies is really good, and pro chl, seating can be limited at times.
We can do Auggies and walk across the street to the park, Im totally down for that.

Would y'all like to up the date to the 6th or 13th instead?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had suggested bigs because of the outdoor seating and its quite spacious, which, while Auggies is really good, and pro chl, seating can be limited at times.
We can do Auggies and walk across the street to the park, Im totally down for that.

Would y'all like to up the date to the 6th or 13th instead?
View Quote

13th is better for me, but depending on how shit goes this next week... *shrug*
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m down , don’t care what day ..
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds good, 13th it is, Auggies? Or Bigs?

Someone make that decision.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ll toss out a vote for bigs .. but as stated I’ll roll where ever the meets gonna be .
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:00:46 AM EDT
[#14]
The 6th, of February is best for me given my schedule. I'd have to miss the Cedar Ridge Carbine match I think that day. It is the only day I'm off however.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds good, 13th it is, Auggies? Or Bigs?

Someone make that decision.
View Quote

@Bag_Man I’m good with either but will vote bigs
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#16]
What's Bigs location? I work on the 13th until 7:15pm. Depending on how late you guys want to meet up, I'll make it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Bigs

I'd say we either do a mid-day late lunch to miss the crowds, or just deal with the dinner rush around 6ish so late arrivals can still meet up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Bigs on 151, 10106 TX-151, San Antonio, TX 78251.
How about 1? On the 13th.
I dont mind planning another one of these to catch those that cant make this one. And for any people that want to come twice, please do.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Will attend.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:15:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bigs on 151, 10106 TX-151, San Antonio, TX 78251.
How about 1? On the 13th.
I dont mind planning another one of these to catch those that cant make this one. And for any people that want to come twice, please do.
View Quote

I'm down.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Unfortunately,  I will be working. I may just say fuck it and call in sick though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:08:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Haven’t been to that side of town in a decade but I’m in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Planning on it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#24]
13th is wife’s bday. Have to catch the next one
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Bump to make sure everyone knows the latest:

Bigs on 151

10106 TX-151
San Antonio, TX 78251

1pm, Feb 13th.

https://www.bigz-burgerjoint.com/
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Just making sure this is still a go ? Also do any of you guys showing up reload ?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep, still a go.

Next Saturday everyone.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just making sure this is still a go ? Also do any of you guys showing up reload ?
View Quote
Only if you have primers to trade. I have cast bullets in just about every pistol caliber you could want.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, still a go, Ill be there, as I know more will be.

I reload. Looking for info? Or whats up?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Only if you have primers to trade. I have cast bullets in just about every pistol caliber you could want.
View Quote

I wasn’t soliciting services or figuring trades , I was bringing gifts !! Lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm in for this.  

I usually do a long ride Saturday morning.  But, with the wind chill forecast to just get above freezing at noon, I think I'll pass.

See ya!

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Not going to be able to make this one, kids birthday Saturday.  We will be at drive tanks so I think it’s a fair trade off!
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Not gonna lie on this one, but be wary of anyone that seems overly eager to be there or seems shady. I mean, I know I'm not from one of the three letter agencies, but what about the rest of you?

I have a bad feeling it's the wrong time to put my trust in anyone I haven't known before November 4th, 2020. I have a decent network of people I trust 100%.

I'm not discouraging anyone else that wants to get their own network of like-minded people started up, but please be extra careful with people in these upcoming trying times.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s funny because I’m bringing stuff to give away too.
Got some .45 SWC projectiles I’m never going to use. Too heavy to ship and not worth a lot, rather they get used.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#35]
@wjoutlaw I look forward to meeting sometime, your medical knowledge would be great to learn from.
(I need to learn how to use an airway)

I kind of get your post but this meeting is about fellowship not anything nefarious. FWIW there are members that know me in real life.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not gonna lie on this one, but be wary of anyone that seems overly eager to be there or seems shady. I mean, I know I'm not from one of the three letter agencies, but what about the rest of you?

I have a bad feeling it's the wrong time to put my trust in anyone I haven't known before November 4th, 2020. I have a decent network of people I trust 100%.

I'm not discouraging anyone else that wants to get their own network of like-minded people started up, but please be extra careful with people in these upcoming trying times.
View Quote

Well I know I'm not, but I don't know you aren't regardless what you say. =P

Everyone needs to make their own choice on this. The meeting Bag_Man and I had was great.

Speaking of the get-together, the wife and I might be signing the contract for our new home build that day. Not sure yet if it will be Saturday, I'll keep y'all posted.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Everyone needs to make their own choice on this. The meeting Bag_Man and I had was great.

Speaking of the get-together, the wife and I might be signing the contract for our new home build that day. Not sure yet if it will be Saturday, I'll keep y'all posted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've personally met a few Arfcommers and I know for sure they're not feds. Those that have met me will tell you that I am straight up no bullshit kind of guy. What you see is what you get.

I am certainly urging caution on this. I don't mean to be the party pooper but it needs to be said. If I haven't already shaken your hand, then I'm not gonna be inclined to place trust in you.

Quoted:
@wjoutlaw I look forward to meeting sometime, your medical knowledge would be great to learn from.
(I need to learn how to use an airway)

I kind of get your post but this meeting is about fellowship not anything nefarious. FWIW there are members that know me in real life.

@SouthsideSlim

I retired from the Army as an E-7 in 2014. I've held many positions and had the opportunity to serve in the Infantry Airborne in the 82nd, in Civil Affairs, Combat Medic, Nurse, and on the MiTT/ ETT teams in Afghanistan and I've even led in Soldiers in combat. My greatest accomplishment is bringing all of my guys home alive.  

I enjoy training Soldiers and those willing to learn. I've been a trainer in the Army for several skills ranging from land navigation, marksmanship, combat medic skills, infantry squad tactics, and several other useful skills.

I've offered training in the past when the subject has come up, but have not had much interest. When I've offered, they usually lose interest when they find out they have to put in some sort of effort on their part. So I don't offer anymore. No slight against anyone, that's just the way it is.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#38]
And again, you can say that, but it is on your word alone without proof. One could argue using your own standards that you are the suspicious one for not wanting us all to meet.  

This is a get together of ARFCOM members, to say hi and make acquaintances. Nothing more than some light networking.  If you're too suspicious to come then don't.  

Bag_Man and I met and thought it would be good to meet other like-minded folks in the area.  If that throws up danger flags for you that's your problem.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Man with all this I think I get to hunt down my favorite shirt . The wife said it’s in the garage somewhere..

I am NOT the ....
FBI
ATF
DEA
Federal
State
  Or local

That’s literally what my shirt says, I love it , the wife not so much, I guess that’s why it’s MIA ..
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Times are weird, everyone has their own way of looking at things, enough stress in life to go around.
I don’t judge. No offense meant or taken. See you there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And again, you can say that, but it is on your word alone without proof. One could argue using your own standards that you are the suspicious one for not wanting us all to meet.  

This is a get together of ARFCOM members, to say hi and make acquaintances. Nothing more than some light networking.  If you're too suspicious to come then don't.  

Bag_Man and I met and thought it would be good to meet other like-minded folks in the area.  If that throws up danger flags for you that's your problem.
View Quote

You're damn right I'm suspicious. War has been declared on conservatives and Trump supporters. I am not discouraging anyone from attending but just to urge caution. Maybe leave the cell phone at home.

I won't be coming though, not because of those reasons though. I put in for the day off but couldn't find anyone to trade days on such short notice. Now it would look bad if I called off. I don't want to leave my coworkers in a bind.

Things are extra crazy with the increased trauma load we are experiencing. The San Antonio hospitals are rerouting their traumas to us so they can keep beds open for COVID patients. We are nearly at 100% capacity most days with trauma patients.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I would like to make it but I work weekends.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Now I'm watching the weather. This shit might actually stick to the ground.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hear what you're saying, and appreciate at it. Im going to meet with like minded people, that Ive seen posting on these forums for years. Cant make friends if you never reach out.

As Numenor mentioned, we met up, had a nice time, good conversation. Hopefully you can make it Numenor, if not, no problem, like I said, Ill happily do this again for those than cant make it.

And I may have a box of some random calibers I dont use either to give away, thats a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I hear what you're saying, and appreciate at it. Im going to meet with like minded people, that Ive seen posting on these forums for years. Cant make friends if you never reach out.

As Numenor mentioned, we met up, had a nice time, good conversation. Hopefully you can make it Numenor, if not, no problem, like I said, Ill happily do this again for those than cant make it.

And I may have a box of some random calibers I dont use either to give away, thats a good idea.
View Quote

I was just thinking about the surge of popularity that Arfcom has received since we were featured as the world's largest gun website. That attention has definitely brought in people that may not have our best interests in mind. I have no doubt you are on the level but some others aren't and are planning on nefarious things. I would just hate to see anyone used by any one of the three letter agencies.

I may be interested in other meet-ups if we can schedule when I'm not working. I am mostly available during the weekdays because I work Friday Saturday and Sunday every week. I'm just gonna be extra cautious with everyone from here on out.

ETA: I have plenty of reloading gear I'd like to trade off.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Now I'm watching the weather. This shit might actually stick to the ground.
View Quote

I had envisioned sitting on the patio sipping iced tea and shooting the breeze. It’s going to be too cold for that. I admit to being a cold weather wimp these days, I’m watching this thread for updates.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, weather says itll be 37 around 1pm tomorrow, Ill still be there, unfortunately probably not sitting outside. Inside is pretty spacious, and hopefully the weather will keep most people away.

Looking forward to meeting y'all, Ill most likely be in a Black Multicam hoodie, for ease of finding me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Guess I got my forecast days wrong, thought it was going to be stupid cold.
I’ll bring my two super model girlfriends so you can ID me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:35:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Should be there as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Ice on the roads over night. I was out yesterday and it was dicey. I'll catch the next meet up. It is supposed to get down to 1 degree on Monday morning after a snow storm. Be safe out there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top